• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He's run his yards whilst others have been out and it's not been a total disaster. That's the best you can say. But now Lamela is back, Dembele is semi-fit and Winks is about, with Big Vic still to come back...hopefully we won't have to be starting Sissoko too often anymore.

He got closer to scoring than Eriksen, Alli and Llorente :eek: Sissoko is good at one thing though: he's the perfect spacegoat.

Last edited:
Sissoko isn’t in the team to be a creator, Lamela is. Obviously Lamela is the better player, but you’ll be disappointed if you think Lamela playing will mean Sissoko doesn’t get any fame time. He only came on for Sissoko because we was chasing the game....
We can easily start Lamela or Son over Sissoko. 4-2-3-1 with Dier in midfield or 3-5-2 with a central midfield trio of Winks, Alli and Eriksen with Lamela up close to Kane. Maybe even Lamela box to box in a central trio himself.

Tell me why Sissoko needed to start today. Why do we need 3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, Dembele and Sissoko on the pitch from the start?

Sissoko isn’t in the team to be a creator, Lamela is. Obviously Lamela is the better player, but you’ll be disappointed if you think Lamela playing will mean Sissoko doesn’t get any fame time. He only came on for Sissoko because we was chasing the game....

he came on because Sissoko was rubbish all game. Sissoko must be the most expensive squad player in PL history.

Not trying to make him the spacegoat, don't blame the defeat on him, but he's just not good enough. His touch is awful, always has been, his passing is dreadful (comical at times today), his decision making is poor. I don't know what Poch sees in him, and why he starts him. He just doesn't cut it. Simple as. There's just not enough of a footballer in there. Good decision to take him off today. Hopefully, now that Lamela is back, he'll play a whole lot less (preferably not at all, unless we really have to).

He got closer to scoring than Eriksen, Alli and Llorente :eek: Sissoko is good at one thing though: he's the perfect spacegoat.
His chance was the best one of the lot. The only one with the time and space to actually control the ball and strike it with his best foot. And still all he managed to do was to put it at the keeper one on one.

Yeah, he got that shot on target. Should get a participation trophy for that for sure. Missing that chance is worth a positive mention for him today because he got it on target?

Infective as usual. Maybe if there was a defender in the way he would have been more likely to score. Deflected scuffed shot is his specialty after all.

Can't wait to stop "spacegoating" him. All that's needed is for him to start playing well or be sold. I know which one I think is more likely.

His chance was the best one of the lot. The only one with the time and space to actually control the ball and strike it with his best foot. And still all he managed to do was to put it at the keeper one on one.

Yeah, he got that shot on target. Should get a participation trophy for that for sure. Missing that chance is worth a positive mention for him today because he got it on target?

Infective as usual. Maybe if there was a defender in the way he would have been more likely to score. Deflected scuffed shot is his specialty after all.

Can't wait to stop "spacegoating" him. All that's needed is for him to start playing well or be sold. I know which one I think is more likely.
But come on - he didn't fall over OR step on the ball.

Eriksen's open goal? Llorente 3 yards out open goal tapped over the bar? Really? Sissoko shot was parried by the on rushing keeper and then cleared off the line. After not scoring - and he should have - his head dropped imo. Didn't want to be out there.

Eriksen's open goal? Llorente 3 yards out open goal tapped over the bar? Really? Sissoko shot was parried by the on rushing keeper and then cleared off the line. After not scoring - and he should have - his head dropped imo. Didn't want to be out there.

Eriksen's chance came at him very quickly when he was off balance on his weaker foot. It wasn't nearly as easy as it looked. Llorente's is probably bigger than Sissoko's, I'll give you that.

Sissoko's shot ends up being cleared off the line, but that's just a coincidence after it bounces off the keeper. It's not a good finish from a very good chance. Symptomatic.

Maybe his head dropped. But he kept playing as he usually does.

I watch Sissoko week after week and still can't answer the question what actually does he contribute to our play.
He's not a creative player - 3 from 4 of his passes are simple, back or straight ones at best.
He's defenitely the worst shooter among our outfield players.
Yes, he sometimes successfully dribbles and moves with the ball for 30-40m passing 1-2 opposition players, but again, then he usually slows down and makes a simple pass or fails with an attempt of a through ball.
He doesn't do a lot for our defensive work as he's limited with tackling and pressing skills.
He's just overall very limited and average. Months pass, games are being lost, but nothing really improves in his displays.

I watch Sissoko week after week and still can't answer the question what actually does he contribute to our play.
He's not a creative player - 3 from 4 of his passes are simple, back or straight ones at best.
He's defenitely the worst shooter among our outfield players.
Yes, he sometimes successfully dribbles and moves with the ball for 30-40m passing 1-2 opposition players, but again, then he usually slows down and makes a simple pass or fails with an attempt of a through ball.
He doesn't do a lot for our defensive work as he's limited with tackling and pressing skills.
He's just overall very limited and average. Months pass, games are being lost, but nothing really improves in his displays.

This is the crux of the issue with Sissoko to me. What does his inclusion bring to the team?

He showed signs of improvement a few games ago and arguably a player worth having on the pitch but its now back to the bad days. He couldn't hit a barn door from 20 yards.
He played in a couple games that suited him. Games with space to run into and time on the ball. Game conditions where he looks quite good, though still lacking in end product as he has throughout his career.

Then a tighter game against a team that sits back comes around. A game where we need passing tempo, passing accuracy, skill on the ball, creativity, quality end product. Games where we need all the things Sissoko is short on. He predictably looks poor, as he pretty much always has in those game conditions.

This is his level of performance. He could go on a good run with some luck in key situations, perform better from confidence and look better. But I think he would always regress because what we're seeing this season is pretty much how good he is.

This is the crux of the issue with Sissoko to me. What does his inclusion bring to the team?
Overall in tight games Sissoko detracts from our play when we have the ball because he gets in the way or kills the move or makes a hospital pass or runs into the space someone else was going to take. Seems like the oppo are fairly happy for him to have the ball.

Back