• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Has Saudi Sportswashing Machine man’s change of heart caused Crystal Palace to miss out on Everton star?

They failed to bring any more new signings into Selhurst Park on transfer deadline day, failing with loan deals for Jack Wheelchair and James McCarthy.

Wheelchair decided to join AFC Bournemouth instead of Alan Pardew's side, but McCarthy is a different story.

Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish admitted at 9.30pm that there was an outside chance they could get one more deal over the line.

That appears to have been for Everton midfielder McCarthy, but did Moussa Sissoko scupper any chance of that deal going through?

Sissoko looked set for a £30 million move from Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Goodison Park after the two clubs agreed a fee.

However, Tottenham came in late in the day to match that bid and Sissoko did a u-turn, with a move to White Hart Lane now likely.

Had Everton secured the France international's services, they would have let McCarthy leave, but having failed to coax Sissoko to Goodison, they were reluctant to let McCarthy leave, meaning Palace missed out.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...everton-star/story-29674992-detail/story.html

The Everton presser was just classic bollards - feel sorry for the Everton fans having planks like Mr Moshiri in control of thier club!

If you sell him you pay the remaining balance there and then. In full.

What I understood was if we sell him you get the fee (assuming it isn't greater than what we owe)

Im more intrigued into how these stories get out so quickly

What I understood was if we sell him you get the fee (assuming it isn't greater than what we owe)

Im more intrigued into how these stories get out so quickly

From what I understand from local press the clause is we get paid in full when sold if there is an outstanding balance, if in this situation you would factor that in to any transfer negotiations and in effect say to the prospective buyer the price £xM + £xM that we need to pay to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

i just think if we were going to spend that kind of money on one player we could have spent it on someone better

He will be average, very average in fact, because he is a limited player. Like i said its not his fault we shelled out so much money for him. He is not a goalscorer from midfield, he is not creative, he goes missing a lot. He can be a player at best that runs around and uses some power to run through the opposition midfield.

Yes I have made up my mind on what ive seen of him up to now. I cannot see any justification in paying so much for a player that has shown and done so little. It makes no sense. At least if we had paid 30 mill for Mane we could say yes its a heck of a lot of money but he he has shown good form and abilities for Southampton. But Sissoko? Just look at his PL stats and performances. Plus we have given him an 80k a week contract making him one of the highest paid players at the club. Sorry but im not in favour of rewarding this kind of failure

Who else could we have got that can play like Dembele ?

Steve Nzonzi was mentioned by someone and I'd agree with that to be fair

Mane is an attacking player out and out and a cheat too but he is an attacker first and foremost

Sissoko plays behind the attackers when he plays his best

I think part of the issue here is people think he is a number 10!! I've rarely seen him play there. I've seen him play wide when they played 2 up top, I've seen him play with 3 in the middle too. I think he has suffered from some shocking managers and being shuffled around perosnally. Plus he does have an attitude.. But it doesn't hurt some players

I agree £30m is mega money but not when you look at what the market is spending/charging

From what I understand from local press the clause is we get paid in full when sold if there is an outstanding balance, if in this situation you would factor that in to any transfer negotiations and in effect say to the prospective buyer the price £xM + £xM that we need to pay to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I'm only going off what I heard on the radio

Either way could be right

I can't fathom why anyone would agree to a deal where they could get less but you were keen to get rid so who knows

I'm only going off what I heard on the radio

Either way could be right

I can't fathom why anyone would agree to a deal where they could get less but you were keen to get rid so who knows

We wont get less, we get £30m no matter what. If you sell him before five payments are made we get the £30m quicker than originally envisaged.

He has come on for Griezman against Spain. Right sided forward in a 4-3-3 if the score update site is correct.

He has come on for Griezman against Spain. Right sided forward in a 4-3-3 if the score update site is correct.
He was playing RCM in a three with Kante sitting and Pogba to the left.

Only saw the last 10 mins, Sissoko wasn't especially involved but he did have a very bright moment where he wriggled his way out of two opposing players, overpowered a third, before getting unceremoniously barged to the ground, drawing a booking for the fourth Italy player in the process.

Exactly what we signed him for.

We wont get less, we get £30m no matter what. If you sell him before five payments are made we get the £30m quicker than originally envisaged.
Exactly this. Jeez guys, it ain't rocket science. What do you think, we just pay £6m now and sell him for £30m in January and keep the £24m difference?! :D

Nearly every transfer is paid in instalments, you do know that right?

Maybe there's a clause whereby they would get a share of the sell-on fee as well.
Only the Sith Lord himself knows the true nature of this deal. Although Greg thinks we'll pay the 30mil one way or another, I'm sure Levy has all sorts of sneaky sh1t going on in the small print. In fact he's probably reading the contract right now and rubbing one out while laughing hysterically.
(there's a nice mental image for you to try and forget just before bed time)

As long as he is a regular with a work ethic and presence like lamela over the 5 years I would consider this a good buy (lamela took more than a season to settle in).

Also sure that Levy would have thought about inserting safeguards in the player contract to ensure that we don't end up with another adebayor situation.

One last trivia, his birthday is in August, we were probably looking at a 26 year old player when we started negotiations.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The Everton presser was just classic bollards - feel sorry for the Everton fans having planks like Mr Moshiri in control of thier club!

They thought he would be the messiah and spend a fortune

The reality is no top player will go there and they can onky increase their wages £17m a season due to the prem rules

They need a fluky season or some outstanding management

i just think if we were going to spend that kind of money on one player we could have spent it on someone better

He will be average, very average in fact, because he is a limited player. Like i said its not his fault we shelled out so much money for him. He is not a goalscorer from midfield, he is not creative, he goes missing a lot. He can be a player at best that runs around and uses some power to run through the opposition midfield.

Yes I have made up my mind on what ive seen of him up to now. I cannot see any justification in paying so much for a player that has shown and done so little. It makes no sense. At least if we had paid 30 mill for Mane we could say yes its a heck of a lot of money but he he has shown good form and abilities for Southampton. But Sissoko? Just look at his PL stats and performances. Plus we have given him an 80k a week contract making him one of the highest paid players at the club. Sorry but im not in favour of rewarding this kind of failure

Sissoko is the sort of player who does the work which allows the Eriksens, Lamellas, Allis and even Kanes to do their stuff. I'll bet if you looked at Dembele's 'assist and goals' record over the last few years it hasn't been amazing, yet here is player who, under Pochettino, has TRANSFORMED himself into a 'must-play' first 11 starter without him we are 'off the pace'...I think you should trust your manager on this one personally mate. as for over-priced, absolutely, but the entire market is fudging bananas and you could argue that with the extra Sky money, 30 mill is the new 15...

wonder with sissoko in games against teams sitting back or if we are chasing a game we will line up in midfield with Sissoko, Dembele and Ali (sorry Dele now). A lot of pace, strength and ability to draw several players to the ball there. Dembele is now slouch for interceptions etc either so doesn't make is stupidly prone to counter attacks etc..

I genuinely want to be proved wrong and even if he performs as i expect for Spurs i will never get on his back and say anything bad about him. You will see.

Anyway my expectations of him are so low it wont take much for me to be slightly impressed. As i said imo he is a limited player. Its not his fault we paid 30 mill for him.

Indianspur, your posts are often unnecessarily negative ( perhaps you have been a Spurs supporter for too long). Poch has proved that he can take players not performing to their full potential and improve them. He has also proved ruthless in an "Alex Ferguson" sort of way with players who do not fit his system. He is already one of our most successful and respected managers of the Premier League era.

He has scouted Sissoko and feels he is a good fit. Unlike Stambouli, Njie and Fazio, Sissoko does not feel like a player he has had to settle for after failing to get his first choice. Whatever, the Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters on a fans' site say ( we know from glory glory how reliable fans opinions of players can be), Rafa Benitez saw something in Sissoko to make him Captain of the team for their final six games, a run of games incidentally where Saudi Sportswashing Machine were unbeaten and Sissoko played a pivotal part. As we know both Chelsea and Everton showed some interest in him on the final day, had their scouts also misread the player's ability? Yes he acted like a Cnut at times but who knows what goes on behind the scenes at poocastle, not exactly the most stable club tbf

I have a lot of faith in this manager and I believe he will make this work.

Last edited:
Back