• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moses - can he lead us to the promised CL land?

There's a rumour going around that apparently indicates that Poch wanted Moses while he was at Soton as well. If true, there could be legs in this one.

At this point, I don't care, really. It's pretty clear that we're looking for a striker who can also play out wide: Moses fits the bill,along with being young, hard-working, a good sort of chap (presumably) and versatile. If we want to go for him over other options (Yarmolenko, Werner et al), then fine by me. It is, after all, a backup we're looking for, not a starter.

The DM position however....we need quality there. Major quality. Not Stamboulis. Not half-rate bargain bins. Quality.

suppose for a second you didn't read the rumors that Poch wanted Moses whilst at Soton... do you think you'd have been saying 'fine by me' then? or do you think you'd be damning the club for going for another cheap bargain basement offering rather than backing the manager?

suppose for a second you didn't read the rumors that Poch wanted Moses whilst at Soton... do you think you'd have been saying 'fine by me' then? or do you think you'd be damning the club for going for another cheap bargain basement offering rather than backing the manager?
Exactly, that is a crazy post from DubaiSpur.

Moses is very average indeed, Stoke have far better players.

There's a rumour going around that apparently indicates that Poch wanted Moses while he was at Soton as well. If true, there could be legs in this one.

At this point, I don't care, really. It's pretty clear that we're looking for a striker who can also play out wide: Moses fits the bill,along with being young, hard-working, a good sort of chap (presumably) and versatile. If we want to go for him over other options (Yarmolenko, Werner et al), then fine by me. It is, after all, a backup we're looking for, not a starter.

The DM position however....we need quality there. Major quality. Not Stamboulis. Not half-rate bargain bins. Quality.

Wrong. We now need quality in ALL remaining key position purchases. We have back-ups coming out of our tush:(

Would be a solid buy for Spurs. A winger with proven danger on the ball. One thing he will need is confidence and support.

if the agent wanted to link Moses to a team, Tottenham is the last one anyone with half a brain would link him to

Who said that the agent or journalists had as much as half a brain?

Spurs is one of the go to transfer rumour clubs for any lazy agent trying to publicise his player or hack trying to sell a paper.

I do not think anyone believes Moses is the finished articule but he is a lot better then Townsend, as for bringing the kids in we can still do that.

Squad filler like Moses will block the path to greater opportunity for our academy graduates.

I repeat, if we are to buy anyone, we must buy top quality or at least top potential. Moses has neither. We must learn the lessons of the recent past and not clog up our squad with players who aren't good enough for what we aspire to be.

And no, Moses is not a lot better than Townsend.

Squad filler like Moses will block the path to greater opportunity for our academy graduates.

I repeat, if we are to buy anyone, we must buy top quality or at least top potential. Moses has neither. We must learn the lessons of the recent past and not clog up our squad with players who aren't good enough for what we aspire to be.

And no, Moses is not a lot better than Townsend.

Well we will disagree on that for sure, in the other thread on here ( asking what player we want sold) Townsend has the third most votes after Ade and Vlad. Townsend shows nothing and after nearly 90 games in our shirt he has had his chances and not taken them.

If we keep Townsend the chances are he will block ( in your own words) greater opportunity for our academy players. Seeing as he is better then Townsend ( imo) and we sell Townsend for 15 and get Moses for 8 mill then not only do we get a upgrade on Townsend we also make extra to get the CM player we badly need.

Well we will disagree on that for sure, in the other thread on here ( asking what player we want sold) Townsend has the third most votes after Ade and Vlad. Townsend shows nothing and after nearly 90 games in our shirt he has had his chances and not taken them.

If we keep Townsend the chances are he will block ( in your own words) greater opportunity for our academy players. Seeing as he is better then Townsend ( imo) and we sell Townsend for 15 and get Moses for 8 mill then not only do we get a upgrade on Townsend we also make extra to get the CM player we badly need.

That's an altogether different argument.

I think Townsend should leave - for his sake as well as ours. But we would be doing ourselves no favours if we replaced him with Moses. If we are to spend whatever money we get from Townsend's potential sale, then we should only spend it on real quality.

If we can't get that quality, I'd far rather that we just gave more opportunity to the likes of Pritchard, Oduwa and Onomah.

That's an altogether different argument.

I think Townsend should leave - for his sake as well as ours. But we would be doing ourselves no favours if we replaced him with Moses. If we are to spend whatever money we get from Townsend's potential sale, then we should only spend it on real quality.

If we can't get that quality, I'd far rather that we just gave more opportunity to the likes of Pritchard, Oduwa and Onomah.

No its not, I believe Moses is a upgrade on Townsend while you do not. Nothing different at all.

No its not, I believe Moses is a upgrade on Townsend while you do not. Nothing different at all.

You were discussing a choice between buying Moses or keeping Townsend.

I wasn't.

I don't want either of them at the club. Neither is good enough for us.

I'm not convinced by Moses, but then perhaps we have got towards the bottom of our list. I remember when Chelsea signed him I was annoyed because I thought he was wasting his time and would go backwards.

You were discussing a choice between buying Moses or keeping Townsend.

I wasn't.

I don't want either of them at the club. Neither is good enough for us.

No I was saying Moses was a upgrade on Townsend and you said ( And no, Moses is not a lot better than Townsend.) But we are going round in circles.

I feel the same about Mcarthy as I do Moses. McCarthy is better than Mason, Moses is better than Townsend, but they are such marginal improvements it would be incredibly underwhelming.

Who said that the agent or journalists had as much as half a brain?

Spurs is one of the go to transfer rumour clubs for any lazy agent trying to publicise his player or hack trying to sell a paper.

not when everyone knows Spurs and Chelsea dont do business with each other.

How about upgrading the starting 11 instead because I do not think it is good enough to effectively challenge for the top 4. I would rather have someone like Pritchard be giving a go as backup and instead buy a player that looks a game changer or at the very least looks like he has the potential to be a game charger in the next year or two
The money we make by replacing Townsend with a better, cheaper player can go towards the funds for the first team.

Back