• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Of course, one way to look at those stats is that if that is what he can do in the Southampton midfield, think how good he could be with us. Glass half full, etc.
Ultimately, if Poch wants him, that is good enough for me and whilst i have the upmost respect for the glory-glory brethren, Poch's view probably takes precedence!

This.

fair enough if you don't rate him good enough to improve us Rossi, i think the issue is more what type of player you regard him as - if our CMs stay the same and we line up 4231 - who would you choose as the 2? If we were to sign him, who do you think he'd be competing with in the 2?

im happy with the set up in the first two games, Bentaleb and Capoue - if we were to sign MS then IMV he'd replace Bentaleb, and be a marked improvement (not that i don't rate Bentaleb, just think MS is the better player) i don't see any player in our midfield who i think can provide what Bentaleb can, in the style of play we look to be heading towards (ball playing center mids who recycle the ball - outside of our current two starters i think we're rather weak in this respect) so to me it makes sense to buy a player who has those attributes. lose Bentaleb from our midfield atm and we're having to change our approach play as the players coming in have a vastly different style

I would be equally happy with any two of Capoue, Schneiderlin, Bentaleb and Dembele which I guess you could say is the perfect situation to be in but I just don't think any of them do anything drastically different to the other, the only outlier we have is Paulinho who is dreadful at most facets of the game but he'd probably outscore those four combined so he's worth keeping as an option.

the only outlier we have is Paulinho who is dreadful at most facets of the game but he'd probably outscore those four combined so he's worth keeping as an option.

Actually Soldado could play midfield as well as Paulinho, i.e. hiding, avoiding challenges, making late runs, scuffing a shot over the bar etc :D

I would be equally happy with any two of Capoue, Schneiderlin, Bentaleb and Dembele which I guess you could say is the perfect situation to be in but I just don't think any of them do anything drastically different to the other, the only outlier we have is Paulinho who is dreadful at most facets of the game but he'd probably outscore those four combined so he's worth keeping as an option.

I think that those are the four that Poch would like to end the window with and part of the reason for that is that they are largely interchangeable and should slot into the team seamlessly.

im happy for the 4 options for CM to be 'much of a muchness' for want of a better phrase, at least in style of play - Bentaleb/Capoue are quite similar i guess, Capoue much stronger defensively though - i don't think it would be of a benefit to our style of play to have 4 completely different central midfielders, im happy with Dembele as a 5th (not particularly 5th choice) who offers something different with his ability to dribble and carry the ball forward - similar to Townsend i think this kind of direct approach will be useful to us in games where we are struggling with plan A.

but i think we're still quite far from having 4 CMs that can slip in and out of the team and offer the same as each other - Schneiderlin would make it three (alongside Capoue/Bentaleb) and would leave us comfortable for the time being

You're going to have to provide evidence for this as I've certainly not seen it. Schneiderlin's creative/offensive output over a season is what you'd get from the likes of Fabregas, Ramsey and Yaya in a couple of games. If we're going to blow upwards of £20m on yet another central midfielder(how many have we gone through these past few years?) then I want one with game, not yet another ****ing DM who's "not bad" on the ball, why are we so scared of these players all of a sudden?

I mean just look at how his "creative" and "offensive" game compares to that of Dembele ffs

4pVhbdm.jpg

Why did you pick those stats? Do you think they are well suited to illustrate your point?

Complaining about those stats being too low was essentially exactly what people who didn't rate Modric for us were doing.

On top of that key pass, chances created and assists are very much related. Chances created = key passes + assists.

im happy for the 4 options for CM to be 'much of a muchness' for want of a better phrase, at least in style of play - Bentaleb/Capoue are quite similar, Capoue much stronger defensively though - i don't think it would be of a benefit to our style of play to have 4 completely different central midfielders, im happy with Dembele as a 5th (not particularly 5th choice) who offers something different with his ability to dribble and carry the ball forward - similar to Townsend i think this kind of direct approach will be useful to us in games where we are struggling with plan A

I see Schneiderlin and Capoue as being strikingly similar in playing style and positioning. IMO one is a carbon copy of the other (no racial slur intended) and I'm not convinced they would work well as a pair. I'd love to see a heat map thingy of both players. Bentaleb and indeed Dembele would be good foils for either IMO. It's a great quartet if we pull off the Schneiderlin transfer but it makes me feel sad for Sandro with that bunch in front of him. Paulinho we should ditch IMO.

My guess would be because he's young and still a gamble. In 2-3 years time, if he develops well, then someone will come in with a big bid for him.

Next summer is my guess. Already being touted for England by some journos.

I think we should go for it, Poch wants him, but more importantly Spurs have a long history of signing players who's name the fans can't spell correctly

I'd get him in just so he can drop cross-field passes from deep onto, say, Lamela's toes like he does in that video. Assuming he can do it with any degree of consistency, it could be interesting.

Lets hurry up and sign this geezer, been one of the top ten centre midfielders in the league in his two seasons in the Premiership IMO and would be an upgrade on most of our midfielders. We should pay up to £20M for him if we can make half of that back from Sandro.

I imagine this deal will be dead in the water if we go for Stambouli. Pretty disappointed about that to be honest as he obviously was a perfect fit for the Poch system.

I imagine this deal will be dead in the water if we go for Stambouli. Pretty disappointed about that to be honest as he obviously was a perfect fit for the Poch system.

What is so difficult to understand in the words "Schneiderlin is not for sale"? Despite our arrogance at thinking smaller teams will bend over and accommodate our bids, that is not how it works. Just like Levy with Modric, the Saints chairman wants to make a statement and he will NOT sell the player this window.

What is so difficult to understand in the words "Schneiderlin is not for sale"? Despite our arrogance at thinking smaller teams will bend over and accommodate our bids, that is not how it works. Just like Levy with Modric, the Saints chairman wants to make a statement and he will NOT sell the player this window.

Nothing. I'm sure that is exactly what has happened.

Back