• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Exactly!

Some of our fans are either plain deluded or just arrogant.

Saints will NOT sell Schneiderlin - I hope I am made to look a fool but I would be very, very surprised if this is the case...
I think that they are posturing to appease their fans.

You don't risk a 20 million plus asset to make a point. They fully intend to keep him IMO.
If we get him we get him but clearly nothing has been agreed

Not playing him would have been read into as something going on. It does indicate that we're not close and it will probably take a ludicrous offer or the player causing a serious **** storm for anything to happen. The fact that he hasn't refused to play makes me think chances are slim.

They said they won't be selling Schneiderlin or Rodriguez ... how about we go for Ward Prowse then? :)

Maybe Schneiderlin knows his first chance to make an impact for us is to take some points off one of our top 4 rivals?/

I think we will get him but I'm just rejecting these deluded theories of them appeasing ther fans with pr stunts.
We simply haven't offered them enough money and until we do he's going knowhere

He could've stopped that second goal by beating Sterling to the ball but he didn't. He certainly looked like a player playing within himself today and on that one game you'd say he isn't even worth £15 million. Nice switches of play and he did drop into the full back positions often to let the fullbacks bomb on, but he did pull out of a lot of challenges and his short passing wasn't great.

He could've stopped that second goal by beating Sterling to the ball but he didn't. He certainly looked like a player playing within himself today and on that one game you'd say he isn't even worth £15 million. Nice switches of play and he did drop into the full back positions often to let the fullbacks bomb on, but he did pull out of a lot of challenges and his short passing wasn't great.

the first goal as well. all started with his half hearted tackle

could be his usual standard and nothing to do with the transfer ;)

Exactly!

Some of our fans are either plain deluded or just arrogant.

Saints will NOT sell Schneiderlin - I hope I am made to look a fool but I would be very, very surprised if this is the case...

I don't think we're being any more deluded or arrogant than Real fans were when they were after Modric or Bale from us, or likewise Manu fans when they were after Carrick or Berbatov.

We're a bigger club than Southampton by just about any metric. We've been consistently more successful than them and they have an ownership situation that is at best unstable. The player seemingly wants the move to us.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, and she only sings very late on deadline day. A day where Levy's custom gold-embroidered Filofax has 24 pages instead of the usual one.

i suppose you have statistical evidence to back that up :)

Actually, I don't today! I've left my laptop at home so I'm without my history to find the page!

But yes, he posted the kind of figures last season that you simply don't get from pulling out of and missing tackles.

latest offer of 17 mil to go in according to goal.com.................would Saints really sell one of their best experienced players for only 17 mill when they sold the young kid Chambers, who had only played a handful of games, for 16 millhttp://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/08/18/5041881/-?

I think it will take a little more than that also but maybe not a huge amount more considering he is agitating for a move. Whether he is worth it is a different conversion but I'd gladly get shot of Paulinho which would cover most of this transfer fee. Normally I'm all for giving new signings a 2nd season but Paulie annoyed me with his lack of professionalism last year so **** him.
Schneiderlin should also be willing to take a hit on his loyalty bonus if that is what it takes. Maybe Levy can soften the blow with some signing on incentives on our side. I ultimately think money will decide this as it almost always does.

I ultimately think money will decide this as it almost always does.

Hope you're right. I get the feeling the fact that Southampton have sold virtually all their decent players already this season means that no offer Levy is likely to make will be enough for Southampton to sell. If we'd got in there before they'd sold one of Lovren, Lallana and Shaw then i think we'd have had a better chance, but I think the point has come where, having taken the best part of £100m in transfer fees this summer, they don't have to sell anyone else. And let's face it, it's not a Bale/Suarez situation where the offer is going to be too big to refuse - Levy won't pay that sort of money, he'll pay the market value and Southampton don't need to sell at market value.
I also think that hanging on until deadline day won't work UNLESS Southampton have signed a replacement. If they haven't, it's another reason to forget thinking that a last minute swoop will be successful.
Finally, we don't even have the situation encountered by other clubs where the player forces a sale; sure it's been reported that he was p***sed off that he couldn't join us and he then posted 'that' tweet, but since then he seems to have decided he has to play/train. If he hadn't played on Saturday I'd have been encouraged, but i think he knows and Koemann knows that he isn't leaving this window.
Hope i'm wrong.

Back