• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morata

Yep, just re-read African's post. Maybe I should be the one to quit smokin'... :-"

nah mate , you were right to question me, heaven knows i would if someone sounded crazy like that LOL

i will say though that i did see pace and power but i certainly didnt see skill and natural finishing to take home from that.

edit_ it seems quite a few pros rate morata very highly.
I'm going to bow to theirs and other people's thoughts on this.

but pjanic i am TELLINg you is the dogs

Last edited:
So that vid of a 21 year old with pace, power, skill and who looks like a natural finisher

There is a youngster with more pace, power, skill and long distance finishing ability on our books - Townsendinho

[video=youtube;UL9a6w3MDuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9a6w3MDuY[/video]

nah mate , you were right to question me, heaven knows i would if someone sounded crazy like that LOL

i will say though that i did see pace and power but i certainly didnt see skill and natural finishing to take home from that.

edit_ it seems quite a few pros rate morata very highly.
I'm going to bow to theirs and other people's thoughts on this.

but pjanic i am TELLINg you is the dogs

I have said it before but it is like the X Factor. You can tell almost immediately if someone is gonna be a star.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-from-Tottenham-to-the-Spanish-capital.html

Real Madrid's 'local hero' Álvaro Morata remains the key to Gareth Bale's transfer from Tottenham to the Spanish capital
You want our best player and we want your best young player. That seems to have been Daniel Levy’s line of attack as he tries to get the best possible deal for Spurs this summer.

Eyebrows may have been raised over a 20-year-old kid with barely any first team experience in Spain becoming one of the main sticking points in Real Madrid’s pursuit of Gareth Bale, but Tottenham continue to insist on the inclusion of Alvaro Morata and his youth international record helps to explain why.

The most diligent directors of football across Europe – Tottenham’s Franco Baldini among them – will have followed the young centre forward from at least as far back as 2011 when he finished top tournament scorer with six goals in the Under-19 European Championships.

He also won the Golden Boot this summer in Israel, top-scoring with four goals as Spain won the Under-21 European Championship.

His country hope, after his two successes at youth level, he will go on to win trophies with the seniors. With 21 goals in 25 games for the national youth teams it is little wonder they call him Spain’s next No 9.

It could be argued a No 9 is something the world and European champions need now.

David Villa and Fernando Torres have peaked, Álvaro Negredo and Roberto Soldado have, at different times, failed to convince Vicente Del Bosque.

Negredo was left out of this summer’s Confederations Cup and Soldado missed out on the European Championships the year before.

After his performances in Israel some have suggested Morata should make the step up sooner rather than later to compete for that centre-forward shirt.

That would certainly be easier to do in Tottenham’s first team rather than in Real Madrid’s reserves.

According to some Madrid supporters ‘the reserves’, or as the case at Madrid their ‘Castilla’ side that competes in the second division and is, in effect, their youth team.

It is where Jose Mourinho left Morata for too long before giving his first-team breakthrough.

After a game against Levante last year when Morata came on to score the winner with his first touch in a 2-1 victory, Mourinho went to great lengths to defend himself against such claims.
“The one who gave him his debut? That was me,” he said.
“The one who made sure he was part of the pre-season tour three years running? That was me.
"The one that made sure he did not leave the club? That was me.
"The one who told the club they should give him a first team contract? That was also me.”

Mourinho never doubted Morata’s huge potential but he felt the player should be spared having to respond to the demands of the Madrid supporters and their over-developed and, in recent years, under-satisfied hunger for a local hero.

In the second half of last season, he played in his first clasico, operating on the left of the three behind Karim Benzema.

He was playing ahead of the rested Cristiano Ronaldo and performed so well that when Ronaldo came on in the second half it was to replace Benzema and not Morata.

He had set up the opening goal for Benzema after just six minutes and went close to scoring himself in the second half.

If that performance did not persuade watching European clubs he was ready for first team football then this summer’s performances in the European Championship in Israel will
have.

The long stride, the dark mane, the ability to hold the ball up facing his team, and finish with his head and both feet facing goal, have provoked comparisons with Fernando Morientes.

That impressive performance against Barcelona playing to the left of Benzema will have also been noted by Tottenham – a place to the left of Roberto Soldado would be another tactical option for Andre Villas-Boas post-Bale.

Soldado has plenty in common with Morata as a former Real Madrid youngster tipped to star for the first team.

The difference being that in Soldado’s day president Florentino Pérez could not wait to the get the home-grown players out of the door for a quick fee.

Now there is more pressure on him to nurture the local talent as Barcelona have done on their way to three Champions League successes in the last seven years.

Bale or no Bale, the fans will not be happy if Morata leaves.

Yup, I'm saddened that I'm just too young to have seen Hoddle at his prime. I only really developed an interest in football in 1989/90, too late.

I am glad to see if true - that Spurs are holding out for the best makeweights:

Jesse Rodriguez and Morata. These two have ample potential and sell on value.

I'm more happy that, if it is true, we are trying to hurt Madrid and strengthen ourselves at the same time. I want to see those bastards wince, and what better way to do it that taking a player that they attach a sentimental value to that will probably turn out to be brilliant for us as well? Well, probably by wanting Bale to fail there, but the lad doesn't deserve that and I have no desire to watch that.

Still think Bale will end up staying, though.

I'm more happy that, if it is true, we are trying to hurt Madrid and strengthen ourselves at the same time. I want to see those bastards wince, and what better way to do it that taking a player that they attach a sentimental value to that will probably turn out to be brilliant for us as well? Well, probably by wanting Bale to fail there, but the lad doesn't deserve that and I have no desire to watch that.

Still think Bale will end up staying, though.

I love it that we seem to be sticking to our guns on this.

It's as though Levy is saying to them, money seems to have no meaning to you but I WILL take my pound of flesh.

Not entirely credible but...

Some interesting developments on the future of Alvaro Morata today with reports suggesting that Real Madrid are now willing to let the striker leave on loan and his agent is due in London on Friday to hold talks with Arsenal, West Ham and Tottenham.

After weeks of refusing to let him leave, the Evening Standard are reporting that following talks with the 21-year-old’s representatives, Madrid have now softened their stance and told interested parties that they are ready to listen to offers regarding the loan of Morata until the end of the season.

The newspaper suggests that Arsenal are leading the race, with Madrid and the player both keen on a move to the Emirates until the end of the season – although there will be no option to make the move permanent in the summer.

Carlo Ancelotti is understood to be reluctant to let the Spanish under-21 international leave but if a loan fee can be agreed, Madrid officials are now ready to rubber stamp a short-term deal.

The Evening Standard’s report appears to be backed-up by Spanish newspaper AS, who are reporting that Morata’s agent, Juanma Lopez, will travel to London on Friday with the players father to hold talks with Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham about a loan move.

“The representative of Alvaro Morata, Juanma Lopez, and the player’s father on Friday (will) travel to London to negotiate a possible transfer of the squad with Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham.

Morata was tired of not having minutes at Real Madrid despite his good performances and seeks an immediate exit.” it’s reported in AS

The player himself appeared to hint at a move after he was quoted on Thursday as saying he may be forced to leave the Bernabeu in search of regular first team football:

‘It’s important to have a proper role in the team. I’ve been at Real Madrid my whole life and I’ve been a Real Madrid fan since I was a boy. I will be all my life but it’s important to have an important role.

‘If the moment comes that I don’t, I will look at other options. Staying at Real Madrid is complicated.

‘Playing five or 10 minutes is okay if you accept it. You have the chance to get on the pitch and try to change a game in a short space of time. Every minute in football is gold.’ [source: Daily Mail]

Morata is highly-rated at Madrid but is struggling to force his way in to Carlo Ancelotti’s first team plans this season with Karim Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo and Jesse all ahead of him in the pecking order.

If these reports are accurate then it appears the young striker could be heading to the Premier League for the rest of the season, with Arsenal seemingly favourites to sign him.

Arsene Wenger is in need of striking reinforcements following injuries to Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott, and Morata would certainly offer a useful alternative to Olivier Giroud during the second half of the campaign if the Gunners can pull it off.

But there are sure to be more twists and turns over the coming days so we’ll keep you informed of any new developments.

http://football-talk.co.uk/87390/mo...or-talks-madrid-now-willing-to-discuss-deal/?

Looked very promising in that youth international tournament this summer, but I haven't seen him otherwise.

In general I'm not a massive fan of bringing in youngsters on short term loans. If it's a loan with a view to a permanent deal in the summer it makes a lot of sense, but just the half a season loan when he's likely going to need time to adjust and he's still young and developing I'm not so sure about.

Think this would be good for us. Can replace Defoe til the end of the season and then Van Gaal can bring in who he wants in the summer

The guy is looking for playing time so maybe any move would have this stipulation attached to it, which I'm not sure we can guarantee. I haven't seen that much of him playing for RM (which is his main gripe I suppose) but what I have seen he looks promising but a bit raw. I'm with braineclipse, if he comes with an option to making it a permanent move then maybe yes but otherwise we should look for cover elsewhere.

Don't really see the point myself.

If we can buy him, great.

But there's no point loaning him. Why develop a player for Madrid whilst putting Soldado and Ade's noses out of joint?

Also, if we do get a forward in now, someone who is a bit more versatile and can do a job out wide (e.g. Pato and Vucinic can both play LF; whilst Remy can play RF, though we are better stocked on that side) as well might be better

Don't really see the point myself.

If we can buy him, great.

But there's no point loaning him. Why develop a player for Madrid whilst putting Soldado and Ade's noses out of joint?

Also, if we do get a forward in now, someone who is a bit more versatile and can do a job out wide (e.g. Pato and Vucinic can both play LF; whilst Remy can play RF, though we are better stocked on that side) as well might be better

The point would be that (1) we might be making another manager change in teh summer if LVG becomes available and (2) even if we dont change manager, we need a new CF given that we'll be down to 2 senior CFs (plus Kane) and there are always far more options available in the summer window. Better therefore to loan Morata if we can and buy some time til the summer - getting by on Soldado (off-form) and Ade (inconsistent, stroppy) for the rest of teh season is a risk, particularly if we continue to progress in the EL

I don't really see it happening if the options were L'****, Us or West Ham..

If he was willing to come to the PL L'**** would be more attractive right now, being top of the league, stability with Wenger, no fit Strikers so he would get a run of few games etc.. Maybe at the start of the season we would have been slightly more attractive (or at least equal) what with AVB and the excitement of us bringing in new players with all the Bale money but not right now sitting 6th with a new manager and Soldado and Ade fit and starting regularly.

**Gonna go wash my mouth out now lol**

If he wants to play, he should go to West Ham.

Us/Scum should be if he is looking to get out permanently, neither club is going to give him a full run of games now.

Back