• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

What's to say that AVB won't want him sold anyway? He undoubtedly would trust Moutinho more than Modric at this point in time, and he needs players who completely buy into his strategy. It's not out of the bounds of probability that AVB demands that he be sold.

So, there's absolutely no indication whatsoever that AVB rates Moutinho - let alone made him a transfer target for Chelsea - yet, because suddenly Moutinho is flavour of the month well......................let's just invent the idea that he was; that AVB rates him big time, and that it was only Roman Abramovitch who stopped him from signing him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

he signed Moutinho at Porto :S

R Madrid wont pay big money for him, they arent that desperate

We've got to ask the question now? New manager/coach, wanted to buy him when at Chelsea (No 1 target allegedly for him, eh LFC;)...) can he and Levy talk the little man around and give us another year?

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility, but it can only be 80:20 against?

Personally, I don't care about Modric now.

Think he is 95% ging. The talk in Croatian papers is that perosnal terms have been agread with Real Madrid, and that Tottenham is holding the deal ATM, but that it should be sorted in the nex week or two.

From some Everton supporters on Modric:

I want to see him go for as much as possible, so that when teams come looking at Felli we can ask for a similar fee or tell them to do one!

Don't see how, they are different sorts of players tbh, and imo i would'nt pay more than £20m MAX for Modric, and that would be pushing it, and Felli is worth more i reckon.

completely agree, but the 1 thing the do have in common is the ability to dictate a game. I still dont see all the fuss with Modric - hes a good player but not this footballing GHod that hes being made out to be

Just goes to show how fans (including ours) have a massive tendancy to over rate players at their own club. I do like Fellaini though. I think he is a bloody good player!

And he's still 24, has a very high tackle and ballwinning rate, and is on a long contract.
But he is also an Everton cult hero, and that inflates his price in their eyes.

Like Thudd for me, indispensable ;)

From some Everton supporters on Modric:

I want to see him go for as much as possible, so that when teams come looking at Felli we can ask for a similar fee or tell them to do one!

Don't see how, they are different sorts of players tbh, and imo i would'nt pay more than £20m MAX for Modric, and that would be pushing it, and Felli is worth more i reckon.

completely agree, but the 1 thing the do have in common is the ability to dictate a game. I still dont see all the fuss with Modric - hes a good player but not this footballing GHod that hes being made out to be

I see nothing wrong with bigging up your own players, but to talk incredible brick in abundance is where it must stop.

Just goes to show how fans (including ours) have a massive tendancy to over rate players at their own club. I do like Fellaini though. I think he is a bloody good player!

Only idiots rate their own clubs players higher than they should. Being objective is easy. Even if you only ever watch your own club play and never even watch highlights from other games involving other clubs Modric (or any other player for that matter), can be objectively compared to other players that went before him at Spurs. And on that basis alone Modric can be safely considered a fantastically talented footballer.

Modric is a world class footballer, someone I am thankful to have witnessed grace the turf of WHL.

AVB did try to sign moutinho last season when it looked like he couldnt get modric but got rebuffed by the 35 million pound price tag early on.

Back