• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

I'm trying to think back to the croatian maestro's firstgame for us, indeed when he showed his midfield prowess. It's been a great journey, especially under Arry.

hmmm, you have to wonder though, if chelsea were willing to go to 40 million for modric then why not just pay te 35 million for jao mouti

Its not a case of if Modric leaves but more why would we sell him, he has so long on his contract left it would need silly money (50m+) for Levy to even consider a sale.

If we do manage to bring in Oscar, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Modric goes. A midfield 3 of Sig, Sandro and Oscar potentially has it all. A goal threat in Sig, a dribbler/playmaker in Oscar, and a holding/defensive/beast mid in Sandro. All 3 are young and mobile and have the legs to run and press high up the pitch for a full 90 minutes. Add to that the fact that they all have something to prove and should be wiling to work hard to make AVBs system work. I also think the slight Tom Carroll and Livermore will be excellent cm subs in AVBs squad. Both should see great improvement under AVBs guidance

if modric was to leave, which hope he doesnt. would you rather he went to chelski or city for 35M or sold foriegn i.e madrid for less money, maybe only 30m. the thought of having to see him week in week out for chelski would make me sick and would rather lose some money to sell foriegn? always wondered people thoughts on this kind of scenario

foreign deffo. imagine mata, modric, hazard all in one team. thats exactly the type of midfield that would get torres scoring again. pretty certain madrid have got his signature so lets hope nothing changes.

Its not a case of if Modric leaves but more why would we sell him, he has so long on his contract left it would need silly money (50m+) for Levy to even consider a sale.

true but what if he decides to sulk? then we're fudged. id keep him for 1 more year and do what fergie done with ronaldo; promise him a move next year (if we dont make top 3).

if we make champions league he'll probably stay for a few more.

If we do manage to bring in Oscar, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Modric goes. A midfield 3 of Sig, Sandro and Oscar potentially has it all. A goal threat in Sig, a dribbler/playmaker in Oscar, and a holding/defensive/beast mid in Sandro. All 3 are young and mobile and have the legs to run and press high up the pitch for a full 90 minutes. Add to that the fact that they all have something to prove and should be wiling to work hard to make AVBs system work. I also think the slight Tom Carroll and Livermore will be excellent cm subs in AVBs squad. Both should see great improvement under AVBs guidance

how often you seen oscar?

And thats before considering he was AVBs only purchase at Porto
Summer 2011

[h=1]Chelsea planning swoop for Joao Moutinho and Alvaro Pereira[/h][h=2]Chelsea are in negotiations with Porto to sign Joao Moutinho and Alvaro Pereira.[/h]
By Jason Burt

7:00AM BST 18 Aug 2011

comments.gif
6 Comments

It is believed that a Chelsea negotiator has arrived in Portugal to discuss the possibility of both players moving to Stamford Bridge before the end of the month.

Initial talks have already taken place but Chelsea wanted to progress matters with more formal discussions. Indeed, it is hoped that a deal to sign Pereira might be announced within the next few days.

A bid of between €20-25 million (£17.7-£22 million) is set to be made for Pereira – who is the most likely arrival – with Chelsea prepared to offer €30 million (£26 million) for Moutinho, a favourite of manager Andre Villas-Boas, who left the Portuguese champions earlier this summer after one outstanding season in charge.

However, Chelsea’s first-choice to bolster the centre of their midfield remains Luka Modric.

And in Jan 2012
[h=1]Joao Moutinho 'back on Chelsea's transfer radar'[/h][h=2]Joao Moutinho is back in the transfer plans of Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, according to reports in Portugal.[/h]Related Tags:Andre Villas-BoasPortugalLuka ModricLisbonEuropa League

The Blues were strongly linked with the Porto midfielder in the summer, but eventually chose to focus their efforts on what turned out to be an unsuccessful bid for Spurs' Luka Modric.
801258142_14044326-596x362-1325881940039_304x185_inline.jpg
Joao Moutinho is a Chelsea transfer target (AFP/Getty Images)
Having seen his side struggle to keep pace with Emirates Marketing Project in the Premier League, Villas-Boas is set to resume his efforts to bring in a creative presence in midfield.
One of the players he is interested in is Moutinho, reports Lisbon-based newspaper A Bola.
The 25-year-old joined Porto from Sporting Lisbon in 2010 and was a key figure in the team that Villas-Boas guided to the domestic double and Europa League title last season.

Should the Blues move for Moutinho it would represent a real expression of support for the under-pressure manager from owner Roman Abramovich, as it would take a bid in excess of £20million to land the player.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/886669-joao-moutinho-back-on-chelseas-transfer-radar#ixzz1zleKD5CF

No way AVB could have signed Moutinho for anything close to £10m one excellent treble winning season after they paid €11m for him.

If Modric wants to go tot Real Madrid then good luck to him. I just hope he conducts himself better than he did last summer and if we do sell him, we do it quickly and not have another Berbatov situation where we end up with an inadequate replacement.

I think if we could pull Moutinho in as replacement we wouldnt feel the loss so bad.

And in a way it could be beneficial to have an AVB disciple in the team to help transition to the new playing style

I think if we could pull Moutinho in as replacement we wouldnt feel the loss so bad.

And in a way it could be beneficial to have an AVB disciple in the team to help transition to the new playing style

I have been impressed whenever I have watched Moutinho, and he had a good Euros so I reckon he would be a very good replacement.

Problem with Moutinho (for me) is that he will most likely cost us almost all the money we get for Modric. Worse player (again imo), not much money left over to buy someone else and a player that isn't any younger than Modric either.

Would much rather we told Real: "You want Modric, you convince Sahin to come to us." Cheaper, younger and massively talented.

Wouldn't be sad if we got Moutinho mind...

Edit: And I just can't convince myself that one of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea or someone else won't nick Moutinho from under our noses and we're left without him and Luka, but with Real we hold all the cards and a one swoop deal could be made.

Last edited:
Im thinking more from the pov that Modric is gone, so its more a case of "how do we pick up the pieces"?

Form me Moutinho is a fabulous player, been a big fan of his for years and can see him performing a very similar (though not quite the same) role to Modric.

He is the most natural replacement imo. Added bonus is that he has worked successfully under AVB before as well, if we are adopting a new footballing system I cant think of a better player (and indeed position) to fill with someone who already knows it inside out.

Of course the alternative is to go for a new direction and not try to replace Modric as such

Problem with Moutinho (for me) is that he will most likely cost us almost all the money we get for Modric. Worse player (again imo), not much money left over to buy someone else and a player that isn't any younger than Modric either.

Would much rather we told Real: "You want Modric, you convince Sahin to come to us." Cheaper, younger and massively talented.

Wouldn't be sad if we got Moutinho mind...

Edit: And I just can't convince myself that one of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea or someone else won't nick Moutinho from under our noses and we're left without him and Luka, but with Real we hold all the cards and a one swoop deal could be made.

I agree with all that especially the edit.
An awful lot of people on here just want the Modric situation sorted but fail to realise you can't buy much with 35m.

Back