• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: modric

Opinions are opinions so I will just have to disagree. In his position in central midfield he should have been a match winner or at least dictate the tempo more. When we were struggling towards the end of last season he did not step up. Not only did he not score or create enough assists, he used to infuriate me when his corners failed to clear the first man time and time again. He was a useful player in that he could move the ball around quickly, but that is different from being a great player.

Opinions are opinions so I will just have to disagree. In his position in central midfield he should have been a match winner or at least dictate the tempo more. When we were struggling towards the end of last season he did not step up. Not only did he not score or create enough assists, he used to infuriate me when his corners failed to clear the first man time and time again. He was a useful player in that he could move the ball around quickly, but that is different from being a great player.

Seems a bit disingenuous to criticise Modric for not individually changing the course of matches during the bad run yet not give him the credit he deserved during our excellent run...

We so miss him although we have moved on and are finding a modified way of playing. No point dwelling on players. Who are no longer here.

We have one of the best midfields in the Premier League. If we still had Modric, we'd have one of the best in Europe.

This.

Love the fact that Madrid are struggling too!

Its not even a remote possibility but just imagine for a moment that we made the CL and they didn't. Would be ridiculously ironic and funny. No but seriously I'm not bitter towards him, I actually hope he proves himself there. He is a magnificent player and I do miss seeing him at the Lane.

What Modric had was the ability to look and move the ball left or right, at any time. Most players tend to favour one side, ie when they recieve a ball under pressure they will naturally look towards the right side of the pitch and look to pass that way. Very few players have the ability to receive the ball under pressure and then have the ability to pass in any direction they want, left or right - that was what made Modric special for me.

Its not even a remote possibility but just imagine for a moment that we made the CL and they didn't. Would be ridiculously ironic and funny. No but seriously I'm not bitter towards him, I actually hope he proves himself there. He is a magnificent player and I do miss seeing him at the Lane.

I don't hold anything against players that are professional and leave on good terms. I've made my feelings about his behaviour in the last couple of years clear.

I don't hold anything against Carrick for leaving, I was pleased he won titles with United.

Didn't have any ill feelings towards Van Der Vaart.

Also never got the dislike for Robbie Keane when he came back to the lane with Liverpool, he was booed everytime he touched it.

Still baffled why Mourinho bought him - never been his type of player. Essien is his type of player, and Dembele perhaps. He'll probably end up somewhere like Atletico Madrid or Valencia next year.

Still baffled why Mourinho bought him - never been his type of player. Essien is his type of player, and Dembele perhaps. He'll probably end up somewhere like Atletico Madrid or Valencia next year.

Wouldn't shock me if United went for him. They'd get him cheaper now.

wonder if levy put in a sell on fee in the transfer;)

if he goes to chelsea or man u would love to think we could get a couple of million more for him:-k

He got yanked off again tonight after about 60 mins. I have to say he doesn't look remotely like the player he was for us. Looks totally lost in that Madrid team.

A quality player he is, but he doesn't have that arrogant mentality you need to succeed there imo, my main criticism was always that he just didn't seem like a winner.

How we ever came to have him as captain I don't know

A quality player he is, but he doesn't have that arrogant mentality you need to succeed there imo, my main criticism was always that he just didn't seem like a winner.

How we ever came to have him as captain I don't know

To be fair, RM are generally in a bit of a mess at the moment. Not a happy camp. Rather like Spurs when he first came to us. Took him a while to settle here too.

The talk is that Mourinho has lost the dressing room. Dropping Casillas is just a display of power from him, but the players there have far too much power. They know their managers barely last a season or two anyway. Mourinho will go all out for the CL and probably leave in the summer. There's a presidential election coming up IIRC and that will massively influence what happens there.

To be fair, RM are generally in a bit of a mess at the moment. Not a happy camp. Rather like Spurs when he first came to us. Took him a while to settle here too.

That's true but they instantly look better when he is off the pitch. The Alonso/Modric combo just doesn't work IMO. I've been watching his off the ball movement in particular and it looks to me that he doesn't know where to stand or where to run into. Zero confidence is my diagnosis to the point he is 2nd guessing everything he does himself.

I do hope he turns it around but for the same selfish reasons as yourself. I wouldn't want Chelsea or Utd to sign him.

The problem with Modric is he isn't overly special in the important areas of the pitch. He doesn't unlock a tight defence and he doesnt produce loads of assists or goals.

Obviously he is talented and can hold the ball n knock it around, but loads of Spanish players can do that. Real Madrid probably don't get him on the ball that much as they have so many other options. Not surprised either that he doesn't look good in a mourinho team. If he leaves it will be to Man Utd where he will impress again.

The problem with Modric is he isn't overly special in the important areas of the pitch. He doesn't unlock a tight defence and he doesnt produce loads of assists or goals.

Obviously he is talented and can hold the ball n knock it around, but loads of Spanish players can do that. Real Madrid probably don't get him on the ball that much as they have so many other options. Not surprised either that he doesn't look good in a mourinho team. If he leaves it will be to Man Utd where he will impress again.

LOL

Back