• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Caulker is apparently a Dawson/Kaboul style defender. Vertonghen is a King/Gallas style defender. Unless we sign another CB, we will be seeing Kaboul/Caulker partnering Gallas/Vertonghen, Dawson wouldn't have taken being a back-up to Kaboul, and it would have stifled Caulker's progress in the meanwhile. This way we get a great price for a decent player who had no place in our squad. A lot of people want Caulker to be given his chance, well here it is.

Hopefully we sign a young Gallas replacement over the coming windows too.

Caulker is nothing like Dawson, Dawson attacks the ball, Caulker drops off and plays a lot deeper imo.

Selling Dawson is just wrong.....you should 've seen my kids face last night when we saw it on TV .

He has been a great player for us over the years and especially on our CL campaign, he was always far more solid than Ledley imo.
Caulker on the other hand hasn't earned his Spurs yet and he is the one I would let go if any of the CH's.

Dawson is 29 in November, he's injury prone and he's 4th choice this season at best. £9 million is too much to turn down IMO.

Talk brick are on the wind up massively this morning over this so all you naysayers get yourself on there and put the boot it!!!

AVB doesn't have a fudging hope it hell with our fans and the full weight of the media against us.

Dawson is 29 in November, he's injury prone and he's 4th choice this season at best. £9 million is too much to turn down IMO.

Talk brick are on the wind up massively this morning over this so all you naysayers get yourself on there and put the boot it!!!

AVB doesn't have a fudging hope it hell with our fans and the full weight of the media against us.

You keep rolling this stat about age/injury out don't you?

He is 28, Prime for a CB. And he has had 3 injuries in his time here. lengthy injuries, granted, but you'd hardly call them a result of being injury "prone".

I still say Gallas is the risk, or caulker back on loan and keep Dawson.

You keep rolling this stat about age/injury out don't you?

He is 28, Prime for a CB. And he has had 3 injuries in his time here. lengthy injuries, granted, but you'd hardly call them a result of being injury "prone".

I still say Gallas is the risk, or caulker back on loan and keep Dawson.

Maybe we need the 9 million to finally be able to push other more vital transfers through. Maybe Levy has really said to Villas-Boas 'you can have Moutinho but you have to find 10 million in the squad to put towards it and get 3-4 million off the wage bill first'.

This money isn't being raised to accrue interest during the cold winter months, i really think its the final funding for bringing in players in other more vital positions.

Supposing that is the case - where else in the squad could we squeeze 10 million from without significantly weakening our first 11?

Last edited:
Maybe we need the 9 million to finally be able to push other more vital transfers through. Maybe Levy has really said to Villas-Boas 'you can have Moutinho but you have to find 10 million in the squad to put towards it and get 3-4 million off the wage bill first'.

This money isn't being raised to accrue interest during the cold winter months, i really think its the final funding for bringing in players in other more vital positions.

Supposing that is the case - where else in the squad could we squeeze 10 million from without significantly weakening our first 11?

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it's an incredible price. I just think we are mov ing on the wrong player.

I like Dawson he is a good Centre back who plays with his heart, always gives 100% and is a natural leader.

That said We have a good base of Centre backs, we need some money to distribute to more needy areas of the squad, he is getting on a bit so prime time to get the most for him and he is not first choice. And he does not fit the system.

We have to live and die by AVB now. Its good money for a squad player. He will do well wherever he goes. But I believe Caulker will be better than him and he needs the possibility of playing. When Gallas goes at the end of next season we can get another young Centre back with promise.

A little bit of me died when I heard this.

Dawson is the player who, with King gone, comes closest to epitomising the Spurs ethos.

Big mistake selling him, even though the fee is good. it had better be spent wisely and quickly.

one more step towards removing British footballers from the first team squad

fantastic

We should keep him because he's british?

Nice footballing argument that...

Edit: It's not like his up and coming replacement is british or anything.. oh wait..

Last edited:
Back