• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

The time to really judge JM will be after he has had a full season with a better balanced squad and a summer to work with them. Sadly there are a section of fans who never wanted him here and have made that clear since.

Just like with Redknapp or AVB and many others too no doubt

Just like with Redknapp or AVB and many others too no doubt

I really have no preconceived likes or dislike of any managers going forward it is how they get on at Spurs that matters.
Mourinho was no different although not a fan by any means prior to his appointment but ’once he is wearing the shirt’ I hoped he would be successful and still do.
Though I would not have chosen Jose but I can see the logic.

Last edited:
I really have no preconceived likes or dislike of any managers going forward it how they get on at Spurs that matters.
Mourinho was no different although not a fan by any means prior to his appointment but ’once he is wearing the shirt’ I hoped he would be successful and still do.
Though I would not have chosen Jose but I can see the logic.

This is it in a nutshell for me.

I like Jose, I just don't think he's a good fit for us.
Be interesting to see what happens when things get going again.

Was a divisive appointment with many not liking him from his spell at Chelsea (and general demeanour)
Not saying that wasn’t the case but I don’t remember that. I thought he was liked initially with the fans gradually turning against him as the football became more and more sleep inducing.

Reactions: DTA
Not saying that wasn’t the case but I don’t remember that. I thought he was liked initially with the fans gradually turning against him as the football became more and more sleep inducing.

I think it was a curve, he got a lot of stick from some for implementing a high line, but when it was proven to work and we started winning every week most came around, then when half the squad was sold from under him and it took longer than three months to get the replacements integrated whilst losing heavily to City and the dippers, a lot of people lost their minds.

I think it was a curve, he got a lot of stick from some for implementing a high line, but when it was proven to work and we started winning every week most came around, then when half the squad was sold from under him and it took longer than three months to get the replacements integrated whilst losing heavily to City and the dippers, a lot of people lost their minds.
By ‘half a squad’. Do you mean Gareth Bale? Who else was ‘sold from under him’?... Actually in AVB’s team you could’ve probably counted Bale as more than half a squad as it was becoming increasingly clear that we were getting more and more reliant on Bale worldies to beat teams.

I also thought it was the main high line criticism was when he played it against Liverpool with our central defensive speed merchants of Michael Dawson and Etienne Capoue. Some people on here claim that Pochettino had only one way of playing (which I think is complete rubbish). However AVB was definitely a manager with only one way of playing IMO.

By ‘half a squad’. Do you mean Gareth Bale? Who else was ‘sold from under him’?... Actually in AVB’s team you could’ve probably counted Bale as more than half a squad as it was becoming increasingly clear that we were getting more and more reliant on Bale worldies to beat teams.

I also thought it was the main high line criticism was when he played it against Liverpool with our central defensive speed merchants of Michael Dawson and Etienne Capoue. Some people on here claim that Pochettino had only one way of playing (which I think is complete rubbish). However AVB was definitely a manager with only one way of playing IMO.

Yep

It's just that they had two teams.
At our peak our first x1 was a match for anyone and there was a time when we could play it regularly which possibly helped us keep players who prefer minutes over £. City have the stockpile of players but when a team with a cohesive first x1 staying fit / not having CL distraction they’ve still come up 2nd. Liverpool don’t have huge depth imo but they’ve seemingly had a pretty much unchanged side for the last couple of seasons.

Back