• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Yes he was but Levy had agreed a fair price and we would have got him for the agreed price IF the new owner had not put a block on it as a condition presale, and then once he had got the club refused to sell him.
I think we lucked out - not sure how Poch managed Levy to take such a risk on a character like that.

I think we lucked out - not sure how Poch managed Levy to take such a risk on a character like that.

i would not disagree with that, i think he is another player ( Zaha being one) who imo is being vastly overated by some and i have seen nothing yet to suggest otherwise.

i would not disagree with that, i think he is another player ( Zaha being one) who imo is being vastly overated by some and i have seen nothing yet to suggest otherwise.
Zaha would be an excellent player for the team we were 10 years ago. I don't think he has the consistency or the ability to play every week for a team at the sharp end of the table against defences that don't want to play.

Zaha would be an excellent player for the team we were 10 years ago. I don't think he has the consistency or the ability to play every week for a team at the sharp end of the table against defences that don't want to play.

I I can't dance with that either :eek:, he is a highlights player for me and would have done well and built up a following ( a new Ginola) but not really a top player.

Yes he was but Levy had agreed a fair price and we would have got him for the agreed price IF the new owner had not put a block on it as a condition presale, and then once he had got the club refused to sell him.
We did not agree a price. Villa gave us a very reasonable price to pay for the player (£20 million) early in the window. Villa needed money and needed it quickly. We offered less than half of that... then fudged around for a few weeks upping it by a few quid and playing around with the terms. Villa then got themselves new cash rich owners and said that the player was no longer for sale. On deadline day we offered over £30 million for the player.

We did not agree a price. Villa gave us a very reasonable price to pay for the player (£20 million) early in the window. Villa needed money and needed it quickly. We offered less than half of that... then fudged around for a few weeks upping it by a few quid and playing around with the terms. Villa then got themselves new cash rich owners and said that the player was no longer for sale. On deadline day we offered over £30 million for the player.

We have been through this before, we DID agree a price at 20 million but before the new owner took over he said he would not buy the club IF they sold any players. So it could not happen before the take over and after he completed the takeover he then said he would not sell Grealish.

You say you have a different story and that is fine but i know my source was onboard at the time.

We have been through this before, we DID agree a price at 20 million but before the new owner took over he said he would not buy the club IF they sold any players. So it could not happen before the take over and after he completed the takeover he then said he would not sell Grealish.

You say you have a different story and that is fine but i know my source was onboard at the time.
In some ways you are right here. We did finally meet Villa's £20 million asking price, but that didn't happen until mid July, during the period when Villa were in detailed discussions with their new investors and looking like they would get their required investment (the investors blocked any sales unless sanctioned by them during the discussion period). Prior to that (as much as 2 months prior in fact, even prior to their play off final defeat) Villa were looking for investment, with no takers. It was in early June that Grealish to us was a possibility, Villa needed money pretty desperately, the player wanted to move to us, Pochettino wanted the player (player and manager even spoke to one another). It was in that period from early June to mid July that we messed about.

Interestingly enough Leicester signed Maddison from Norwich on June 20th for £22 million, this was after we had started to talk to Villa about Grealish and well before Villa had even started negotiations with Sawiris and Edens.

Mane is a fantastic player. Probably the best wide forward in the PL. I think he would start for any team in the World.
If he got called up on all the cheating he does (and would outside of Victimpool) he wouldn't be on the pitch long enough to show his ability.

If he got called up on all the cheating he does (and would outside of Victimpool) he wouldn't be on the pitch long enough to show his ability.
You know as well as every single other person on here knows that you would have him in the Spurs team as one of your first two or three picks.

In some ways you are right here. We did finally meet Villa's £20 million asking price, but that didn't happen until mid July, during the period when Villa were in detailed discussions with their new investors and looking like they would get their required investment (the investors blocked any sales unless sanctioned by them during the discussion period). Prior to that (as much as 2 months prior in fact, even prior to their play off final defeat) Villa were looking for investment, with no takers. It was in early June that Grealish to us was a possibility, Villa needed money pretty desperately, the player wanted to move to us, Pochettino wanted the player (player and manager even spoke to one another). It was in that period from early June to mid July that we messed about.

Interestingly enough Leicester signed Maddison from Norwich on June 20th for £22 million, this was after we had started to talk to Villa about Grealish and well before Villa had even started negotiations with Sawiris and Edens.

I know i was right, so he did not mess about like you were suggesting but as with most transfers it comes down to debating the offer. Nothing to do with Levy dragging arse ( on this case anyway) just normal debating going on which both clubs were happy to settle on.

Then the new owner started to say he would not be happy if/when any players gets sold and he insisted that no deals are done until he owned the club. Now you can try hard if you feel the need to blame Levy but in this case that is not true.

But go for it if you feel that way.

I know i was right, so he did not mess about like you were suggesting but as with most transfers it comes down to debating the offer. Nothing to do with Levy dragging arse ( on this case anyway) just normal debating going on which both clubs were happy to settle on.

Then the new owner started to say he would not be happy if/when any players gets sold and he insisted that no deals are done until he owned the club. Now you can try hard if you feel the need to blame Levy but in this case that is not true.

But go for it if you feel that way.
He massively messed about. 4 weeks of messing about in fact. Only to then offer the initial amount that Villa wanted when it was too late. All those 4 weeks achieved was us not getting the player. It was made all the more ridiculous when we offered over £30 million at the end of the transfer window. I'm not sure how a player isn't worth £20 million in June but becomes worth over £30 million in August?

I say again. Leicester concluded a deal for Maddison on June 20th, this was 3 weeks before we finally offered the £20 million that Villa wanted for Grealish. They also started discussing that deal with Norwich way after we started talking to Villa about Grealish.

He massively messed about. 4 weeks of messing about in fact. Only to then offer the initial amount that Villa wanted when it was too late. All those 4 weeks achieved was us not getting the player. It was made all the more ridiculous when we offered over £30 million at the end of the transfer window. I'm not sure how a player isn't worth £20 million in June but becomes worth over £30 million in August?

I say again. Leicester concluded a deal for Maddison on June 20th, this was 3 weeks before we finally offered the £20 million that Villa wanted for Grealish. They also started discussing that deal with Norwich way after we started talking to Villa about Grealish.

Well i guess we will have to disagree. As for the increase to 30 million it showed how badly Levy wanted to do the deal. Ask yourself a question, if you agreed to buy anything and shook hands on a deal only for them to come back later and ask for more what would your opinion be.

I am pretty sure that most folks would walk away, Levy did not and upped 10 million on the AGREED price. As for Maddison i could not give a damn what happened there, we wanted Grealish, we agreed a fee only for them to change their minds.

Now those who want too can blame Levy for dragging arse but the truth is elsewhere ( at least on this occasion). But as i say if that is what you want to do go for it.

Well i guess we will have to disagree. As for the increase to 30 million it showed how badly Levy wanted to do the deal. Ask yourself a question, if you agreed to buy anything and shook hands on a deal only for them to come back later and ask for more what would your opinion be.

I am pretty sure that most folks would walk away, Levy did not and upped 10 million on the AGREED price. As for Maddison i could not give a damn what happened there, we wanted Grealish, we agreed a fee only for them to change their minds.

Now those who want too can blame Levy for dragging arse but the truth is elsewhere ( at least on this occasion). But as i say if that is what you want to do go for it.
You are right that we'll have to agree to disagree. You think that Levy did a good job on that deal and I think he fcuked up badly by trying to over negotiate. Our hand was only strong when Villa needed money.

And by the way we never actually had a bid accepted by Villa.... we just offered them the £20 million they had asked for 4 weeks earlier. Of course by that time they were on the verge of no longer needing to realise capital through asset sales.

You are right that we'll have to agree to disagree. You think that Levy did a good job on that deal and I think he fcuked up badly by trying to over negotiate. Our hand was only strong when Villa needed money.

And by the way we never actually had a bid accepted by Villa.... we just offered them the £20 million they had asked for 4 weeks earlier. Of course by that time they were on the verge of no longer needing to realise capital through asset sales.

That is not what i have been told, anyway we have been going around enough over this so onwards and upwards. Lets hope that we get who we want/need this summer and rise up the table again, only this time lets hope we can actually win something. ;)

You know as well as every single other person on here knows that you would have him in the Spurs team as one of your first two or three picks.
If I thought he could go 90 kind without elbowing someone or diving I would.

We can't get away with that brick.

If I thought he could go 90 kind without elbowing someone or diving I would.

We can't get away with that brick.
Well most on here seem to love Son who is just as much a diver as Mane and probably more petulant as well.

And just to get this right Scara so that I'm complete clear....

As well as Spurs having the second best squad in the Premier League. You are also saying that you wouldn't want to have Mane at Spurs?

Well most on here seem to love Son who is just as much a diver as Mane and probably more petulant as well.

And just to get this right Scara so that I'm complete clear....

As well as Spurs having the second best squad in the Premier League. You are also saying that you wouldn't want to have Mane at Spurs?
I think Mane is plenty good enough for Spurs. I just think that he'd be banned more than he played if he played for anyone other than the victims.

Back