• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

I've read people on Reddit planning to boo Poch when he comes back with Chelski. Really?! This guy has taken on a job at a club we hate, sure, but he was never offered the position at our club - so who are we to blame him? Arse I get, but Chelski? I think it's petty if our fans boo him. Everything he did for us, I think we owe him our respect, regardless of who he's coaching now.

I've read people on Reddit planning to boo Poch when he comes back with Chelski. Really?! This guy has taken on a job at a club we hate, sure, but he was never offered the position at our club - so who are we to blame him? Arse I get, but Chelski? I think it's petty if our fans boo him. Everything he did for us, I think we owe him our respect, regardless of who he's coaching now.
Some of our fans are very stupid and overly tribal.

Like you say sacked him and didn't rehire when we had the opportunity (rightfully so). Now you want to boo him got moving on?

WTf! Spurs have clearly shown they do not want him. Let him move on just like we have moved on. No need for any resentment.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Wouldn't dream of booing him unless he went to Woolwich which I don't think he would. But equally annoying are our fans who plan to sing his name when he comes back.

I've huge respect for Poch and what he did here but any Spurs fan singing his name while he's manager of Chelsea should be instantly forced to take the Sky Walk and then fudged off the top of the stadium.

I do not think booing Pooch is the thing to do, as far as i am concerned he is yesterdays man and we should see him as that. He has gone and we move on.

He knew what he was doing

- No one said the guy had any obligation to not take the job, as others have pointed out repeatedly, we fired him, we (the club) didn't want him back, Chelsea sucks but they aren't Arsenal.
- That said, he knew what that would do to his Spurs legacy
- More importantly, he didn't have to fall over himself with the flimflam narrative that Chelsea has been the most successful club in the Pl over last 10-15 years (they had their moment, but City have blown them out of the water)

Like others, couldn't give a brick, didn't particularly want him back, and not a person that thinks boo'ing is particularly productive, but if you do what he did and don't expect a reaction, that's just naïve

Wouldn't dream of booing him unless he went to Woolwich which I don't think he would. But equally annoying are our fans who plan to sing his name when he comes back.

I've huge respect for Poch and what he did here but any Spurs fan singing his name while he's manager of Chelsea should be instantly forced to take the Sky Walk and then fudged off the top of the stadium.
I'll sing his name. Without his superb period managing this club we could be in very serious financial trouble right now. He deserves a huge amount of praise from our fans I think. We can't blame him for taking the Chelsea job, it seems we didn't want him and Chelsea are a big club in the biggest league in the world and they go all out for success.

Absolutely this, I appreciate all the guy did 100% but against a rival in a big game I think it would undermine the current manager to sing the old managers name. In fact its odd

I'll sing his name. Without his superb period managing this club we could be in very serious financial trouble right now. He deserves a huge amount of praise from our fans I think. We can't blame him for taking the Chelsea job, it seems we didn't want him and Chelsea are a big club in the biggest league in the world and they go all out for success.

Each to their own but I can't get behind this. He's the Chelsea manager now. Regardless of anything else, for me, singing his name is supporting the Chelsea manager. For a Tottenham fan to do that doesn't compute for me.

I respect him and hold him in very high regard but while he's the Chelsea manager, he'll get no love or support from me.

I can’t get my head round this.
At a match against Chelsea you’d sing their manager’s name in front of Ange and surrounded by Tottenham fans.
I’d suggest their are better ways to show Poch your love mate, send him an email.

I will absolutely applaud him when he returns. He did great things for us, created a wonderful feeling around the club, gave us the football that had fans of other clubs saying how much they enjoyed watching us, had us challenging at the top of the league, and of course took us to a CL final. He absolutely deserves to be recognised for that. But singing his name? No. Nothing to do with where he is now (as unpalatable as I find it). But that would feel disrespectful to Ange (or whomever was our manager). Applause yes. Other adulation, no.

I will absolutely applaud him when he returns. He did great things for us, created a wonderful feeling around the club, gave us the football that had fans of other clubs saying how much they enjoyed watching us, had us challenging at the top of the league, and of course took us to a CL final. He absolutely deserves to be recognised for that. But singing his name? No. Nothing to do with where he is now (as unpalatable as I find it). But that would feel disrespectful to Ange (or whomever was our manager). Applause yes. Other adulation, no.

Gonna be honest, even the thought of applauding the Chelsea manager turns my stomach a bit. Not sure I could do it.

Back