• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

People used the tiredness excuse when we lost to Wolves and yesterday it was rustiness. Both may possibly be true but for me we haven’t been playing well Dortmund aside since Xmas. As Harr said, law of averages said we would come unstuck at some point and we just happened to play a team in good form and who were aggressive/dirty and we didn’t deal with it.

Can’t they both be true ?

Burnley were at home and in the midst of their best form ever at this level

And we were at home against Wolves and we still lost despite both teams having busy schedules.

We haven’t played well consistently since before Xmas so what’s our excuse for the poor performances in the other games? The only difference is the other teams weren’t good enough to capitalise, Leicester being the prime example who should have turned us over but poor finishing cost them.

And we were at home against Wolves and we still lost despite both teams having busy schedules.

We haven’t played well consistently since before Xmas so what’s our excuse for the poor performances in the other games? The only difference is the other teams weren’t good enough to capitalise, Leicester being the prime example who should have turned us over but poor finishing cost them.

That’s a classic football myth
A team has loads of rubbish shots and deserves to win...
Leicester didn’t deserve anything as they scored less goals than us

Thing I’m a bit concerned about is that usually at this point of the season we are really kicking into gear, or have already kicked, and aren’t dropping points in games like that. I know Burnley are also in great form for them, and I think we have made adjustments in order to account for a good CL progression, but usually we don’t look as bad we did yesterday at this point in the season.

Poch has done a wonderful job keeping the squad motivated throughout the season and we’ve had a bit of luck on our side too, but I wonder if it’s becoking clearer for certain players that they won’t be here beyond the summer and it’s more difficult to motivate them. We just had ten days off, I expected our players to be refreshed, and although Burnley were good, we didn’t look ourselves.

I worry about players like Eriksen, Aurier, Rose, and Toby. To be fair Rose and Toby seem fine, if anything performing better. But I wonder if the players that suspect that they might not be here much longer start just giving a little bit less, with Poch having no more carrots or sticks to get the best out of them for the next couple of months.

That’s a classic football myth
A team has loads of rubbish shots and deserves to win...
Leicester didn’t deserve anything as they scored less goals than us

Well they outplayed us in midfield, looked sharper than us, looked better defensively. The only area we outperformed them in was we scored more goals than them. So pretty much every other area of the pitch they outplayed us. They weren’t rubbish shots either, they missed a one on one from about 6 yards out and they also missed a penalty.

By that logic united deserved to beat us a few weeks ago even though we battered them in terms of chances created and they barely had a chance other than the one they took.

Much as I love the guy, yesterday's game falls squarely on Poch's shoulder. We already struggle to defend corners yet his team selection was completely illogical. Even a nonce like me could predict it:
Would have personally preferred to see the same back 5 as against Dortmund. Burnley are long ball and free kick merchants and Sanchez's height would have been useful. Plus would have loved to see another marauding SuperJan performance.

Yet he played a team with practically no strong header of the ball and with half of the players practically useless at corners and freekicks. Why should we be surprised at the outcome?

Much as I love the guy, yesterday's game falls squarely on Poch's shoulder. We already struggle to defend corners yet his team selection was completely illogical. Even a nonce like me could predict it:

Yet he played a team with practically no strong header of the ball and with half of the players practically useless at corners and freekicks. Why should we be surprised at the outcome?
Er...what?

Well they outplayed us in midfield, looked sharper than us, looked better defensively. The only area we outperformed them in was we scored more goals than them. So pretty much every other area of the pitch they outplayed us. They weren’t rubbish shots either, they missed a one on one from about 6 yards out and they also missed a penalty.

By that logic united deserved to beat us a few weeks ago even though we battered them in terms of chances created and they barely had a chance other than the one they took.

Hugo made one save in the first half
2 in the second
They defended well but conceded 3
We didn’t but conceded one?
Don’t understand that, because we didn’t score worldies

Hugo made one save in the first half
2 in the second
They defended well but conceded 3
We didn’t but conceded one?
Don’t understand that, because we didn’t score worldies

When a team misses loads of point blank chances like Leicester did but we only conceded one goal, that’s not good defending. That’s just poor finishing. It’s different if you’re having pot shots from outside the area but that’s not how the game panned out. They constantly got behind our defence.

Our first goal was from a set piece, the second was a shot from outside the area and the third was a breakaway goal against a team chasing the game.

We may have got positive results over the last few weeks but the results have masked bad performances. It was only a matter of time until we lost a game if we continued to play badly.

I fancy us to get 4 points from the next two games which will be a decent return but im sure people have already got the tiredness excuse ready if we lose to arsenal or Chelsea even though both teams have will have played 3 games in a week like us with Chelsea having extra time to boot and Arsenal having an away game against a bitter rival.

Back