• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I agree.
He was happy enough to be invited along to the farewell at WHL, dressed as an ice cream man, taking Levy’s hospitality and the applause of the fans. Then stabs the club with comments like this.

I hope the arrogant clam is now off the invite list for the stadium opening.

Sheringham can fudge off. Always been a taco and I don't see how someone like him can be considered a club legend tbh. Like you said, I don't think he should be invited to the opening of the new stadium. Ass.

Emery is a manager in the first season of his new job, with the 6th best squad of the league

How do you come to this conclusion? They've invested massive amounts in players like Ozil, Lacazette, PEA.

If you're basing it on financial figures then surely their squad would be classed as one of the top four? Yet their fans still moan about lack of spending.

With respect, your posts are a reflection of a systemic problem with modern football fans, mostly they're entitled dingdongheads who think signing new players for exorbitant fees is the only way to achieve success. I'm certain that's what you're alluding to.

I really, really hope we can prove that attitude wrong.

How do you come to this conclusion? They've invested massive amounts in players like Ozil, Lacazette, PEA.

If you're basing it on financial figures then surely their squad would be classed as one of the top four? Yet their fans still moan about lack of spending.

With respect, your posts are a reflection of a systemic problem with modern football fans, mostly they're entitled dingdongheads who think signing new players for exorbitant fees is the only way to achieve success. I'm certain that's what you're alluding to.

In theory, a squad that costs the most should be the best. But, if that's the case, then we don't have one of the top 4 squads in the country -- but, imo, we have a better squad of players than any team outside of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

The ability of a squad or individual player doesn't always correlate with the price paid. In theory, Ozil should be a better player than anyone who plays for us because he gets paid more than any of our players. But he wouldn't get in our team because we do have better players, both who earn less and who cost less "he only cost 5mil, he's better than Ozil..."

So I think it's entirely fair and correct to say that Arsenal's squad is around 5th/6th best in the division.

Again, with all due respect, this is arguing with respect to authority. The fact that Poch is clearly a more adept manager than me does not mean that he does not mistakes and that he is perfect. Nobody is perfect. Like I said, all managers at top clubs will have access to this kind of data. Can I, a mere mortal, or you, the same, criticise Mourinho? Am I a better manager than him? Then Emery? Than Klopp? Even than Wagner or Warnock? No, clearly not. But not all 20 of these managers are walking around making perfect decisions all the time. Look at how much criticism Mourinho got on this board for example. Yet this is a man who, by Poch's age, had won 2 Portuguese titles, a uefa cup, a champions league, 2 premier leagues, an fa Cup, 2 league cups, a serie A and was starting the season he'd win an unprecedented treble with Inter. Does that mean I can't think that him constantly talking down his players in public and downplaying man utds pedigree in Europe is right or good? No.

Mate, I'm not sure why you are bringing this up again. I have not asked for a justification of your position. You put forward an opinion regarding substitutions I countered it. Bringing in Mourinho and his achievements has no bearing on Poch.

If we work from the position where I think we both agree, that Poch is an excellent manager who has done a brilliant job then this substitutes issue that you and others bring up is not a one off thing but must be by design. I suggested a reason which I thought was perfectly logical. I don't believe it is a weakness or a mistake and the fact he has done so well at Spurs suggests he has a good reason for it. I don't have an issue with posters questioning it. But calling it a weakness is a tad presumptuous from people who have not managed an elite football team.

I accept the point that Emery is in his first season but it is moot as to whether or not he has a weaker squad at his disposal than Poch.

I come to this conclusion because we, City, liverpool, man utd and Chelsea have better squads than them. So they have the 6th best squad. It's very simple. After 5 comes 6.

The fact they spent £60 million on lacazette does not make him better than academy product kane. The fact they have
spent 45 million on ozil does not make him better than 13 million eriksen and the fact they spent 17.5 million on sokratis does not make him better than 12 million alderweireld.

Ironically, despite you accusing me of doing so, you're the one conflating money spent there with quality of squad, seeing as I'm saying that our squad is better than theirs, despite less money spent and you're saying they must be at least the 4th best squad in the league because their spending is in the top 4.

And with all due respect to you, your post is yet another in a long line of you shooting from the hip, attacking posters who don't share your exact view. You have literally no idea of my outlook, what I want from my club, yet you have attacked me as an entitled dingdong after fundamentally misunderstanding ayvery simple point.

So how about you be less certain about what other people are alluding to, actually read the real words they've typed and stop attacking every opinion that doesn't exactly match your own?

I come to this conclusion because we, City, liverpool, man utd and Chelsea have better squads than them. So they have the 6th best squad. It's very simple. After 5 comes 6.

The fact they spent £60 million on lacazette does not make him better than academy product kane. The fact they have
spent 45 million on ozil does not make him better than 13 million eriksen and the fact they spent 17.5 million on sokratis does not make him better than 12 million alderweireld.

Ironically, despite you accusing me of doing so, you're the one conflating money spent there with quality of squad, seeing as I'm saying that our squad is better than theirs, despite less money spent and you're saying they must be at least the 4th best squad in the league because their spending is in the top 4.

And with all due respect to you, your post is yet another in a long line of you shooting from the hip, attacking posters who don't share your exact view. You have literally no idea of my outlook, what I want from my club, yet you have attacked me as an entitled dingdong after fundamentally misunderstanding ayvery simple point.

So how about you be less certain about what other people are alluding to, actually read the real words they've typed and stop attacking every opinion that doesn't exactly match your own?

I was suggesting squad value is what most would use to determine squad strength, not that I nessesarily agree with that measure. Mainly because you were implying we should have spent money to replace Dembele and Wanyama.

In Arsenal's case I don't believe their squad is anywhere near as weak as people want to believe.

You've also claimed we should have somehow foreseen that Dembele and Wanyama would suffer injury problems and so spent money to replace them?

Dembele played most games last season and Wanyama the season before. Who's to say that shouldn't have been the case this season?

I think that attitude is speculative, revisionist and somewhat entitled.. I didn't mean for you to feel attacked so I apologise for that. I wasn't calling you a dingdonghead directly.

I just get so fed up with people demanding squad alterations in hindsight without weighing up all factors. Especially after one loss, no less.

What is your outlook? What do you want for the club?

Last edited:
I was suggesting squad value is what most would use to determine squad strength, not that I nessesarily agree with that measure. Mainly because you were implying we should have spent money to replace Dembele and Wanyama.

In Arsenal's case I don't believe their squad is anywhere near as weak as people want to believe.

You've also claimed we should have somehow foreseen that Dembele and Wanyama would suffer injury problems and so spent money to replace them?

Dembele played most games last season and Wanyama the season before. Who's to say that shouldn't have been the case this season?

I think that attitude is speculative, revisionist and somewhat entitled.. I didn't mean for you to feel attacked so I apologise for that. I wasn't calling you a dingdonghead directly.

I just get so fed up with people demanding squad alterations in hindsight without weighing up all factors. Especially after one loss, no less.

What is your outlook? What do you want for the club?

I couldn't care less what most people would suggest. I'm talking about the actual quality of the players. Our keeper is better than theirs. Our defence is. Our midfield is. Our striker is. We've spent less money than them. Yet our squad is better. (and incidentally, I wouldn't say most people just go by money spent and most people would acknowledge we have a better squad).

And again, I don't care what people may choose to believe. Our squad is better than theirs and I belive, so are the other members of the top 6. Where would you put them in the top 6?

It's not a shock that they have injuries. Dembele, who hasn't hit 40 games total for us for 4 seasons straight and Wanyama who spent most of the last season injured. And yes, I think cm should have been the area we looked to strengthen most this summer because I think it's our weakest area. This has nothing to do with one loss and it certainly is neither revisionist or speculative. As for entitled, genuinely.... What? So when we were trying to buy players this summer, were Poch and Levy entitled? Is the process of buying any player entitled because Levy and Poch are also entitled ding dongs? Why did they even drop 42 million on Sanchez, when they could have just constantly only elevated from the academy? May as well avoid transfers all together as that's an entitled attitude right? It's such a strange accusation. Nobody is asking for bloody Ronaldo or Messi.

Right, your problem is though, like I said, that you go in all guns shooting, almost regardless of what people are saying. People say they want a CM during the summer. You're an entitled ding dong. People say they want a CM even when we're winning, because they can see the gaping hole in the squad. You're a spoilt, entitled sing dong who doesn't appreciate the club. We're winning, what more do you want? People say they want a CM when we lose and.... You guessed it, spoilt entitled ding dong who is being reactionary after a loss.

I know some spurs fans have put the club as some kind of pauper outsiders in their minds and have decided that transfers are bad or only what entitled people want as a defence mechanism after the summer but neither are true. Poch will be looking for squad alterations. He wasn't saying it in hindsight in the summer and neither was a single fan of this club. Levy will be looking for squad alterations. It is a normal part of football, hence why pretty much every club will do some activity pretty much every season. And we are paupers compared to the rest of the top 6 but not the rest of the world, when we can drop 40 million on a player and have higher revenues than all but 5 clubs worldwide when you exclude the English clubs (and still all but 10 worldwide when you don't).

What do I want for the club? This may surprise you but I'd wager the majority of our fans want the same thing. Not everyone is a macaron or a wum. I want watching spurs to be enjoyable. I want to spend our games enjoying what we're doing, to be happy and to have a sense of connection with our players and manager. When I go to the stadium, I want there to be a great atmosphere and to enjoy the game. I want us to win, preferably in style but will happily accept certain games where we just have to dig in. I want us to make smart transfers but don't have the same obsession with penny pinching that some others do, or the drive to boast about how little we have spent, as long as what we do spend is sustainable for the club. This will change if a net spend trophy becomes available. I want us to win trophies. I want us to have a good academy and give opportunities to the players.

So.... Pretty much what almost every single fan of every single club worldwide wants, give or take a few things.

Mate, I'm not sure why you are bringing this up again. I have not asked for a justification of your position. You put forward an opinion regarding substitutions I countered it. Bringing in Mourinho and his achievements has no bearing on Poch.

If we work from the position where I think we both agree, that Poch is an excellent manager who has done a brilliant job then this substitutes issue that you and others bring up is not a one off thing but must be by design. I suggested a reason which I thought was perfectly logical. I don't believe it is a weakness or a mistake and the fact he has done so well at Spurs suggests he has a good reason for it. I don't have an issue with posters questioning it. But calling it a weakness is a tad presumptuous from people who have not managed an elite football team.

I accept the point that Emery is in his first season but it is moot as to whether or not he has a weaker squad at his disposal than Poch.

Mate, I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm saying that I think an appeal to authority is the go to defence for Poch here and I'm saying this argument has many flaws, including for instance Mourinho's record, which is insanely good and some of his quirks (such as calling out his players in public) and how our and many other fans respond to this.

It would be easy to say we'll of course he knows what he's doing, attacking Shaw, Martial and Pogba in the media, look how many trophies he's won and look how many trophies I've won. It basically assumes that because these managers have had success, their judgement and decisions are always exemplary, which obviously and logically is not the case.

How is the squad strength a moot point when you talking about the points difference between two clubs? Unless I've misunderstood your point there, which seems likely. I was saying that he has a weaker squad and is in his first season and that in those circumstances, I don't think being 7 points off us is that bad (though I think it will get bigger as the season goes on).

Sheringham can fudge off. Always been a taco and I don't see how someone like him can be considered a club legend tbh. Like you said, I don't think he should be invited to the opening of the new stadium. Ass.

I have always hated Sheringhem since he forced us to sell him to ManU. Sheringham has always been a traitor and judas ! Not sure how some people can call him as Spurs "legend". Real legends are the likes of Perryman, Mabbutt and King who spend almost their entire careers at Spurs. At least Campbell helped us win the 1999 League Cup before joining Arsenal. What did Sheringham done for us apart from showing his loyalty to ManU whenever he can ?

I have always hated Sheringhem since he forced us to sell him to ManU. Sheringham has always been a traitor and judas ! Not sure how some people can call him as Spurs "legend". Real legends are the likes of Perryman, Mabbutt and King who spend almost their entire careers at Spurs. At least Campbell helped us win the 1999 League Cup before joining Arsenal. What did Sheringham done for us apart from showing his loyalty to ManU whenever he can ?
Seriously. F.uck off with any Campbell reasoning.

Don't agree on Campbell, but do on the rest.

Longish read so grab a mug of tea/coffee but it captures what Poch is all about (or what he appears to be all about.)
From the final paragraph :
Pochettino is a football man to his core. He is cones and practice pitches, inter-personal relationships and club-wide behavioural codes. He does not do immediate jolts and he does not indulge players on account of what their marketing reach might be. He and Tottenham, at this stage in their respective histories, are almost perfectly aligned. Were he to leave, the buildings, the badge and the colour of the shirt wouldn’t change, but something in the air certainly would. When that’s the case, when a manager dictates the culture and all the corridors smell of his cologne, the club should shut the windows and inhale. They must become exactly the sort of club he wants to manage.

https://www.tifofootball.com/featur...heir-own-culture-to-keep-mauricio-pochettino/

Longish read so grab a mug of tea/coffee but it captures what Poch is all about (or what he appears to be all about.)
From the final paragraph :
Pochettino is a football man to his core. He is cones and practice pitches, inter-personal relationships and club-wide behavioural codes. He does not do immediate jolts and he does not indulge players on account of what their marketing reach might be. He and Tottenham, at this stage in their respective histories, are almost perfectly aligned. Were he to leave, the buildings, the badge and the colour of the shirt wouldn’t change, but something in the air certainly would. When that’s the case, when a manager dictates the culture and all the corridors smell of his cologne, the club should shut the windows and inhale. They must become exactly the sort of club he wants to manage.

https://www.tifofootball.com/featur...heir-own-culture-to-keep-mauricio-pochettino/
Well written article

According to Paul Merson on SKY today, Wolves third goal against us on Saturday was the moment Poch decided he would go to United as “he can’t take Spurs any further.”

Didn’t realise he was in such close contact with Mauricio.

Back