• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The mancs over at redcafe seem to think this means they are definitely getting him? lol
For context, I work in London with a Londoner who is a Man U fan.

He's been telling me how Utd are going to catch Spurs.
Then when he started to realise that wouldn't happen, he resorted to telling me that Mourinho was special and he would find a way to win the FA Cup or Champions League.
He still fully believed in Mourinho until this week, when he announced he hasn't really been following football recently, he is more of a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

THAT is the level of intellect on redcafe. There is a reason these people chose to support Man U.

Then when he started to realise that wouldn't happen, he resorted to telling me that Mourinho was special and he would find a way to win the FA Cup or Champions League.
He still fully believed in Mourinho until this week, when he announced he hasn't really been following football recently, he is more of a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

THAT is the level of intellect on redcafe. There is a reason these people chose to support Man U.

In a nutshell. Man U. - supported by Gent’s hairdressers (Barbers to me..) and Taxi drivers..who just need something to talk about with their punters.

Dare I say.... reminds me of how Fergie would have dealt with it

Fergie would have fudged him out.

To be fair, if the fella had something genuine to ask, he’d still have gotten the same response but how in the name of fudge is something Les Reed said really all that relevant to the current situation. Answering really would have been giving the story unnecessary oxygen.

All press will be sniping for a reaction, it’s what the press live off of. Spurs played the good hand with the interview, setting a precedent that no, it’s not ok to talk about the speculation, and that if someone does raise the subject, it will be immediately dismissed without any telling answer having been given.

So the press will be aware that they will be wasting their time using speculation as a subject of any future Pochettino interview, at least until the matter has been fully resolved one way or another in the summer. That’s not to say that no one else will try those style questions, of course they may give it a go and their ego will dictate that they’ll think that they will fare better than this interviewer, but they will know what to expect if they do.

Well played by the Spurs media team, and I liked Pochettino’s reaction in implying that the interviewer wanted to be the ‘star’ of the interview. Instead, Spurs and Pochettino won out.

He's bang on.

It's probably a source of frustration for him, and Poch being Poch has identified it as another issue, that if resolved, could give us another small percentage gain in getting where we want to.

I get football is reactive, and opinions are easily spouted thru various channels BUT when the two most important men at our club are elevating us, shaping us into our best era for decades, they are by definition making excellent decisions, if I'm a bit sceptical about a choice/decision i have to just let it play out. They've earned that. I've learned that.

And quite frankly if they get the odd thing wrong....I couldn't give a f.ck because it's always with best intentions and thought out to the nth degree...so give them some slack.

Last edited:
I read an interesting quote from Pochettino about the fan’s reaction to his decisions. Pochettino said that everyone was so quick, and negative, about Ben Davies having been selected as centre back against Burnley, and then Arsenal. Many supporters stating that the selection (of Davies as a centre back) was a mistake as Davies couldn’t play centre back.

And yet, after the two matches suddenly people realise that Davies can play centre back. Pochettino asked why people don’t wait and see how decisions pan out rather than being so immediately judgmental. I think Pochettino is right.

How convenient! Funny thing is, most of my manu supporting friends are the exact same way. As soon as its not going so well, they supposedly don't pay attention or don't care and are interested in other things. fudging gold diggers. Plastic fans!

I was in a pub a few years back, waiting to order a drink, and theres a guy next to me watching the game, Utd vs Someone.

"Fakkin cahnt, wot the fudge was that?!" "fudgessake you fudging lemon" "I cant adam and eve it"

He carries on...

"Utd fan?" I asked.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" he says.

"Its the accent" was my reply. He shut up after that...

until there is some form of confirmation that Poch is happy and staying, he is constantly gonna get asked about it every press conference, after the games on tv etc

from the next 4 games

Everton
Bournemouth
Wolves
Cardiff

Any loss and draw will be spun by media into uncertainty in whether the manager is staying, no signings in Jan and the media will say were not giving him money if he isnt going to be the manager in the summer or were not backing the backing manager

Im worried this has come at the worst time for us esp as we are getting great results and could really derail us by end of Jan

He's bang on.

It's probably a source of frustration for him, and Poch being Poch has identified it as another issue, that if resolved, could give us another small percentage gain in getting where we want to.

I get football is reactive, and opinions are easily spouted thru various channels BUT when the two most important men at our club are elevating us, shaping us into our best era for decades, they are by definition making excellent decisions, if I'm a bit sceptical about a choice/decision you have to just let it play out. They've earned that.

And quite frankly if they get the odd thing wrong....I couldn't give a f.ck because it's always with best intentions and thought out to the nth degree...so give them some slack.

Of course he's right, and fudging Spurs fans keep falling for the same brick narrative everytime.

And people will say ohh, all fans feel the same way about media .. flimflam

- Liverpool is the great example, they have finished ahead of us once in the last 8 fudging years, they have won exactly the same number of trophies in the last 12 as us, yet somehow, fudging magically they start every season as title contenders and we are "going to struggle" to stay in top 4. Can you imagine if Poch had made 4 cup finals in a row and lost .. sexy/bottlers/etc? yet Klopp is amazing.
- Spurs has been on an upward trajectory for at least 14 years now, yet somehow the narrative is "how long can they continue to play with the big boys" instead of realizing while our spending may not be there yet, the foundations are in place, we are one of the big boys now.
- Oh well, eventually Eriksen, Kane, Dele, Poch will leave, ok .. maybe, does anyone think they will leave for fudging free? that's probably 500M there that the club will re-invest … why does anyone think it means we will be brick after?
- And as much as I love Poch and hope he stays here for another 20 years, make no mistake, the architect of any long term success Spurs has had, will have, is Levy.

until there is some form of confirmation that Poch is happy and staying, he is constantly gonna get asked about it every press conference, after the games on tv etc

from the next 4 games

Everton
Bournemouth
Wolves
Cardiff

Any loss and draw will be spun by media into uncertainty in whether the manager is staying, no signings in Jan and the media will say were not giving him money if he isnt going to be the manager in the summer or were not backing the backing manager

Im worried this has come at the worst time for us esp as we are getting great results and could really derail us by end of Jan

Hence the club has been very proactive

- No discussion at press conferences re United

The media doesn't care what the club/Poch says, they will spin it, so give them fudging nothing … absolutely the right answer

As for Poch, I don't think he wants to leave (at least to United), but it gives him leverage and he will be an idiot to give it up. It is a matter of time until Spurs will spend at a significantly higher level that before (new stadium match day income, sponsors, NFL, etc, etc.), the question for the club is do we go early (to some level of acceptable risk) or do we wait until we have the income stream to invest. These types of scenarios may make the risk of spending more earlier more acceptable than the risk of Poch leaving.

Back