• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm totally chilled over this. My anxiety meter is barely flickering .
Meanwhile G³'s is...

danger-meter.gif

He's said that he's just signed a new contract and is happy at Spurs. That is a straight a response as you will ever see from a football manager.
Which is what a million players/managers have said right before interested party comes in and they jump ship. Poster was saying he cant say he wants to stay at Spurs because would jeopordise him ever going to Madrid. What I posted was something he could easily say that would satisfy all involved....

This current 'dance around' gives Levy time to get his duck lined up.
This could go on for a couple of weeks at least.

we could always yabber on about signing Bale or the like.

Which is what a million players/managers have said right before interested party comes in and they jump ship. Poster was saying he cant say he wants to stay at Spurs because would jeopordise him ever going to Madrid. What I posted was something he could easily say that would satisfy all involved....
It’s a black mark against him with their hierarchy, you don’t turn down Madrid at any stage of your career and it’s just forgotten about.

It's a presser to promote the book. He's said plenty about staying with us. Don't forget that the quotes we are getting is from someone translating live and who has said the sound isn't great.

He could easily say 'this isnt the right time in my career' Thats not too difficult is it?

Trouble is, that just gives a twistable soundbite - "not now, but I do want to go at some time"- that would be rolled out forever more by the media and others whilst he is at Spurs.
Plus given Zidane only went yesterday, it's unlikely Poch has even been approached yet (if that will even happen), so he'd look a bit stupid (and presumptuous?) turning down a job he hasn't even been offered.

It’s a black mark against him with their hierarchy, you don’t turn down Madrid at any stage of your career and it’s just forgotten about.
Im not sure they would hold it against him when hes so young for future reference. Apparently Wenger is on the shortlist, he rejected them before didnt he?

It's a presser to promote the book. He's said plenty about staying with us. Don't forget that the quotes we are getting is from someone translating live and who has said the sound isn't great.
Im not particularly worried about him leaving although I do think theres a remote possibility. Was just a response to Gazza's point thats all...

Trouble is, that just gives a twistable soundbite - "not now, but I do want to go at some time"- that would be rolled out forever more by the media and others whilst he is at Spurs.
Plus given Zidane only went yesterday, it's unlikely Poch has even been approached yet (if that will even happen), so he'd look a bit stupid (and presumptuous?) turning down a job he hasn't even been offered.
Exactly, there’s nothing to gain for him to outright say he’s not going there now. His quotes today have been perfect IMO (looking at it from a Poch and Spurs point of view)

Back