• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't believe Poch is going anywhere.
I'm not naive enough to think he will be with us forever, but right now, with a new contract freshly signed, his commitment is to Spurs.
IF he did go now, it would really cloud my opinion of him.
But, it's not going to happen, so my love for him remains intact :)

Contract means nothing.
Except to raise the compensation from Pirez.

You'd hope that he is a lot more aware of the actual situation than us and is either relaxed in knowing that Poch will stay or working out how to screw the most money possible out of Madrid and considering his options for our next manager.
I don’t think he has you know. The Zidane situation wasn’t on the cards, especially after he won the CL. Perez didn’t even know until
The day before the announcement. I think Levy thought Poch was in for the ride last week when he signed the deal.

Edit. Sorry. You said is not was. Of course he’s aware but reckon he’s still worried.

I know he was interviewed on Spanish radio a couple of years back and specifically said his methods wouldn't work at clubs like Real Madrid (literally name checked them)

Whether that's still how he thinks now is another matter.

Poch has stated he'd like to manage Madrid one day

I'm pretty sure all he's ever said is that he'd never manage Barcelona, Arsenal or Rosario Central, because of his connections to Espanyol, Spurs and Newell's. People just assumed that was a nod to Real if he were to return to Spain

If there's a lingering emotional pull for him, it will be to PSG, but they are not really set-up for a coach-type manager like him these days.

I don’t think he has you know. The Zidane situation wasn’t on the cards, especially after he won the CL. Perez didn’t even know until
The day before the announcement. I think Levy thought Poch was in for the ride last week when he signed the deal.

Edit. Sorry. You said is not was. Of course he’s aware but reckon he’s still worried.

He knows his manager a lot better than we do. If they have a healthy working relationship, they will have discussed future ambitions.

I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him a move to Madrid, but I’m not sure it’s a right fit, he needs a season to get everyone on board with his philosophy, he won’t get that at Madrid if they don’t win something.

I be very srprised if Levy hadn't caught wind that Zindan was thinking of leaving last week,he must have had a phonecall off Madrid on Poch and maybe Bale,in the dark arts of football these things are discussed in the backroom of football.
He must have told Poch,i'll give you want you want in the transfer market and a five year contract or walk........so Poch signed,what else could he do,he asked for a transfer pot last month he be going back on what he said to the press last month if he walked out knowing Levy has given him what he asked for.

But football being football i wont be surprised if he walked anyway.....if its all quiet from the club over the weekend with no press release saying Poch is staying then that be a tad worrying.

This is very sim
It really wasn’t out of the blue, I know that’s what the press have been saying yesterday, but he was under massive pressure all season. A Madrid manager leaving is never out of the blue.
to be sacked though right? He left on his own terms before being sacked. And he was only probably to be sacked if they lost the CL, which they didn’t. So to me, his leaving Madrid is still out of the blue.

I be very srprised if Levy hadn't caught wind that Zindan was thinking of leaving last week,he must have had a phonecall off Madrid on Poch and maybe Bale,in the dark arts of football these things are discussed in the backroom of football.
He must have told Poch,i'll give you want you want in the transfer market and a five year contract or walk........so Poch signed,what else could he do,he asked for a transfer pot last month he be going back on what he said to the press last month if he walked out knowing Levy has given him what he asked for.

But football being football i wont be surprised if he walked anyway.....if its all quiet from the club over the weekend with no press release saying Poch is staying then that be a tad worrying.
I don’t get why the club need to say anything right now? It’s just speculation, should Liverpool be releasing a statement about Klopp?

Of course I’m not saying he doesn’t, but this Zidane decision has changed things massively. It was out of the blue. Things change.

My argument is with you saying that Levy will be bricking it. I am sure that he is already pretty certain what Poch would do if offered the job now. If he would be interested and it looks likely that he will be approached, I would expect them to discuss it. Levy's job as the head of a £1b company is to plan for such eventualities, if he's bricking it, he's not up to the job.

Poch: Acabo de renovar con Tottenham y estoy feliz... cuidado que Levy muerde

"I've just renewed (my contract) with Tottenham and I am happy." When asked about how Levy might react if he leaves: "Careful. Levy can bite!"

Back