• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Pochs team have leaked this more pressure on levy to get what he wants

If they had, wouldn’t Chelsea just deny it?

By the way, I don’t think there is any chance of this happening. Poch wouldn’t do it looking at his comments re Barcelona and Levy would rather deal with Arsenal than the Russian gangster.

What is amazing is that people really believe Poch and Levy have not already broached this topic? Plans have been in place...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mate, people don't understand this is multi-million dollar business

- There are plans, plans to exceed plans, checkpoints, target adjustments, 3-5 year goals, key performance indicators
- Poch/Levy know (not think/speculate) if we have been successful/are ahead of schedule
- There would have been investment decisions to be made at checkpoints, etc.

Just because other clubs are run like a corner store, doesn't mean Spurs are.

At least this season the window closes on 9 August so we can't leave it late even if we wanted too.

Ive wanted this for years, about bloody time. It was so obviously the right thing to do all along, Ive no idea why it wasnt like it in the first place.

Would still be too late for Poch. He wants everyone he wants in before the US tour I suspect. At the latest.

He can want what he likes, but I think he (and we) know a lot of these things take time - especially if we are looking to aim higher.

Has a Spurs manager ever left because they were poached by another club? I can't think of one. It's a reassuring stat if it really hasn't ever happened.

Has a Spurs manager ever left because they were poached by another club? I can't think of one. It's a reassuring stat if it really hasn't ever happened.
Just about every manager who has gone from one club to another has been poached to some extent. The recruiting club unofficially contacts a manager to sound him out etc well before it has been agreed he can talk to the club...

While that is fair, there is some "realities"

- Pool has consistently gotten better/more positive coverage than their results of last decade warrant (large number of ex pros in media)
- Chelsea gets a pass on the blood money, RA's past and the fact that their fans are largely racist pieces of brick
- Spurs achievements have largely been discounted over the Redknapp -> Poch era, when it is covered positively, it's in a "well that's only this season" and the narrative of us selling our best players has never left even though its far more applicable to Scum or Pool.
- Even this season, for Spurs games, they would run media pieces on fudging Wenger/SAF at half time, even though we weren't playing them.

The reality is Sky initially branded a top 4, the FA built schedules around that, and the marketing, PR and brand investments were for those teams. Kudos to us for making it a top 6, but the brand machine still has a bias

And to all those who still discount it, I'll make a bet

- At the predictions stage for next season, at least 50% of media/pundits will put Pool as title challengers and Spurs as outsiders for top 4, despite the fact that we have finished above them 8 out of 9 seasons.

We are talking about the media. It's just hot air. We all react, that's all they want.

On Liverpool - would you want a whole bunch of nutters declaring the scouse equivalent of a 'fatwa' on you. Safer to let them think everybody rates them....

Just about every manager who has gone from one club to another has been poached to some extent. The recruiting club unofficially contacts a manager to sound him out etc well before it has been agreed he can talk to the club...

And how many have done that with us?

We have sacked them all (in recent memory!), not lost them to another club. Which I think was the point?

Though I would suggest Jol, and his alleged interview with Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a big factor in him leaving. They didnt poach him, but it wasnt until he went in for that talk that things went sour here.

Exactly. I can't think of any Spurs manager who has left and then gone straight into another job.

And how many have done that with us?

We have sacked them all (in recent memory!), not lost them to another club. Which I think was the point?

Though I would suggest Jol, and his alleged interview with Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a big factor in him leaving. They didnt poach him, but it wasnt until he went in for that talk that things went sour here.
Yeah of course, we always tend to sack them - was just making a more generic point I guess. The fact they havent been poached is because none of our previous managers were ever good enough for a better club - Poch could feasibly get a job at a bigger club (not saying the likes of Real Madrid would be a good move for him) .....

Yeah of course, we always tend to sack them - was just making a more generic point I guess. The fact they havent been poached is because none of our previous managers were ever good enough for a better club - Poch could feasibly get a job at a bigger club (not saying the likes of Real Madrid would be a good move for him) .....

Quite possible.

I think it was just a fairly innocent observation in the first place. Not one that had occurred to me before.

At times Redknapp and Jol might have got some attention, but neither are in Pochs league.

Billyiddo - thanks for posting the quotes (I have pasted them in again below).

That is the first time I had read the quotes in isolation and, as you say, they are actually incredibly positive quotes. I love that Poch has some ideas that he thinks will ensure that we can compete for the major trophies (and remember that Poch only considers those to be the PL and CL). With his "Crazy ideas" comment it doesn't sound like Poch is talking about us going out and spending fortunes on a bunch of established players. I would say that the biggest thing Pochettino will be pushing Levy for is him allowing us to sign new players before existing players are sold. Let Poch go out and get the squad he wants and then concentrate on selling/loaning unwanted players after that. Yes there is then a risk that we will achieve lower transfer fees for our unwanted players, but I think that is a risk worth taking in this case.

“We need to talk a lot between us and the club. I think I have a very clear idea of what we need to do. I don’t know if the club will agree with me or not, but we are going to talk next week to create what I think we need to do together again, to try to improve. That is a little bit up to Daniel and the club, of course, to agree with us because, after four years, I think we need to assess that period if we want to compete for big, big trophies. I think all that we achieved until today is fantastic but it will be so important to create again.

“I think they’re going to listen to me, of course, but sometimes I have some crazy ideas. But you need to be brave in this kind of situation, in our club with our unbelievable fans, and take risks. I think it’s a moment for the club to take risks and try to be competitive. I am sure Daniel is going to listen to me and of course we can create together to help the team to move on.”

I would have thought 'crazy ideas' and 'taking risks' was more likely to mean spending big money on established players ie Bale....

Back