• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Could have fooled me, you seem to have spent two days so far trying to be as negative as possible about the club.

After the season (and seasons) we have just had, I find it hard to fathom why.

Thats unfair. Take a look at everything I’ve written. At no stage have I had a pop at Poch in terms of results and his achievements. Quite the contrary. In fact, at no point have I said that I think he’s leaving. Again, quite the contrary.

I’ve just offered an honest opinion on what’s been put into the public domain by Poch over the last month. I get that this is a Spurs forum but the “everything is fine, this is Poch just using the media. There’s no chance he’ll leave” narrative a little bit biased.

Biased? You are turning treble pikes just to maintain a downward slant on everything.

So who is biased?

We just finished 3rd. 3rd. Ill take the liberty of assuming youve been a fan more than 5 minutes, so Ill also assume you know just what an achievement that is.

Add to which not even having a home ground, and having a bricky injury list through the season, and the quality of our CL showing, an FA cup semi - all with Sissoko as a mainstay in our midfield - personally I find it hard to see how any fan can be anything less than positive about the club and our situation.

We are now moving into a new stadium, everything is on the up, and I come on the forum to see you arguing your damndest that everything is turning sour.

Because what? Poch said he wants to re evaluate where the project is/going? After the 3 years we just had thats exactly what he should be doing!

Do yourself a favour, allow yourself to enjoy it. We are in a fudging good place right now, and its not by luck - its because we have become a top team. Its ok, just let it wash over you ;)

It's football, so we can never be sure how long anyone will stay at the club. But I don't see one of the elite going for Poch right now, as he is unproven by their standards, he hasn't won anything. On the flip side, I don't see Poch working well with a squad of giant egos who have won everything (say, Real Madrid).

You could argue Madrid gave Zidane a go and he had no track record, but he is one of their legendary players and can command a level of respect from their players right off the bat.

The likes of Conte and Ancelotti are out of a job (Conte as good as). You have Simeone at Atletico, someone who the biggest/richest clubs may feel is gettable. Why would one of the mega clubs take a gamble on Poch over these guys? Maybe the only one that would is Barca (as Poch coaches a better brand of football), but he has ruled them out because of his Espanyol history.

TBH, Poch has things pretty good at Spurs.

Biased? You are turning treble pikes just to maintain a downward slant on everything.

So who is biased?

We just finished 3rd. 3rd. Ill take the liberty of assuming youve been a fan more than 5 minutes, so Ill also assume you know just what an achievement that is.

Add to which not even having a home ground, and having a bricky injury list through the season, and the quality of our CL showing, an FA cup semi - all with Sissoko as a mainstay in our midfield - personally I find it hard to see how any fan can be anything less than positive about the club and our situation.

We are now moving into a new stadium, everything is on the up, and I come on the forum to see you arguing your damndest that everything is turning sour.

Because what? Poch said he wants to re evaluate where the project is/going? After the 3 years we just had thats exactly what he should be doing!

Do yourself a favour, allow yourself to enjoy it. We are in a fudging good place right now, and its not by luck - its because we have become a top team. Its ok, just let it wash over you ;)

Take a look at everything I've posted about finished third. I've described it as an incredible achievement and arguably Poch's biggest one since he's been at the club. It's truly remarkable.

However, I don't buy that everything is rosy in the garden because of Pochettino's words over the last month and his refusal to really clarify his position. I'm not basing it solely on what he said yesterday.

You may disagree with and not like what I'm saying and that's fine. I get it. But don't misrepresent what I'm saying about our on-field achievements because I've been as big a cheerleader as anyone on this site for Poch in that regard.

Similar situation to United, their manager wants to sign more players, does that mean he's leaving? or is it just the media have to have a dig as Spurs again as they proved they are a better team than Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich and their "Wembley hoodoo" agenda is blown away.

Similar situation to United, their manager wants to sign more players, does that mean he's leaving? or is it just the media have to have a dig as Spurs again as they proved they are a better team than Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich and their "Wembley hoodoo" agenda is blown away.

Usual .. bit of a dig … because the 2nd best side in the country finished 4th and is already a title favorite for next season.

If the Matt Law article is anything close to on target, Poch really isn't asking for much
- 150M spend over summer if we sold TA, Rose & Dembele? what is that, 40-60M? outlay with CL season coming?
- More relevant is likely the wage cap increase to keep Eriksen, Dele, Kane +incoming

Take a look at everything I've posted about finished third. I've described it as an incredible achievement and arguably Poch's biggest one since he's been at the club. It's truly remarkable.

However, I don't buy that everything is rosy in the garden because of Pochettino's words over the last month and his refusal to really clarify his position. I'm not basing it solely on what he said yesterday.

You may disagree with and not like what I'm saying and that's fine. I get it. But don't misrepresent what I'm saying about our on-field achievements because I've been as big a cheerleader as anyone on this site for Poch in that regard.

Maybe you should take a look at everything youve posted, because I suspect it doesnt represent you in the way you think it does.

What has Poch really said? Really? Not a lot.

And what have you said? A whole bunch of 'what if' based on nothing but with a heavy dose of negativity.

Im no happy clapper, at all, and all Ive seen in Poch recently is:
  • Annoyance at the constant narrative against us.
  • A shift in ambition, (rightly) based upon the success he has had.
  • Honesty.
  • Nothing else. No underlying message. No hint at discontent. Nothing.

What I see in you? Almost wilful belief in a negative spin on all this, based on little to no actual evidence.

Maybe you should take a look at everything youve posted, because I suspect it doesnt represent you in the way you think it does.

What has Poch really said? Really? Not a lot.

And what have you said? A whole bunch of 'what if' based on nothing but with a heavy dose of negativity.

• Honesty.

What I see in you? Almost wilful belief in a negative spin on all this, based on little to no actual evidence.

And you’re entitled to believe that about me. That’s fine. But to state that I’m not happy with third or talking down our on field achievements is just false based on what I have actually posted.

He hasn’t really in my opinion. That’s like saying Rose had earned the right to make the wage conversation public. These things should be kept behind closed doors particularly with Levys track record on this sort of thing.

If Levy and Poch were as tight as we think, why not address it in private? This also isn’t Poch just letting stuff out and talking too much like he said in the interview - there’s an agenda behind it because he’s a very clever man.

I’m one of his biggest fans, he has done a spectacularly great job for us but I don’t think his public comments since United have been a good thing.

It is a call to arms. Quite literally. As a leader of teh playing side of the club, its for everyone - the players who have to step up, the coaches, the money men, maybe even the fans, who now have something to discuss! It's defo a positive in my eyes, that we don't have a leader who is happy to sit still.

And you’re entitled to believe that about me. That’s fine. But to state that I’m not happy with third or talking down our on field achievements is just false based on what I have actually posted.

For someone repeatedly going on about "what I actually posted...", perhaps you should try it?

Ive commented on what youve posted. Which has been distinctly negative. I havent, however, stated you arent happy with 3rd.

Did I mention 3rd? Yes. To point toward all the positives at the club. That was it.

Relax, take a step back, maybe not everything needs to be an argument?

My whole point was based out of the Poch thread where you seem to be wilfully taking a negative spin on rather benign comments. Whatever anyone says you have a downbeat retort, its like you want to be down on something... Thats what Im picking up on.

Now, you tell me thats wrong? Fair enough - but maybe take a minute to work out why I might think that in the first place...

• Honesty.

So, this is part of what people are missing, I think a lot of people read Poch's comments over last month as a dig at club.

I think a big part is a dig at media narrative
- Why is Pool the 2nd best side in England (this has literally been said numerous times by pundits), by what fudging measurement?
- Why is Spurs success always have an * next to it, i.e. but they still haven't won trophies?
- Why does Spur's bottle it, but Chelsea/Arsenal having spectacularly bad seasons not bottling? or United accepting 2nd from December?
- Why do Kane/Alli who are England's biggest hopes only get stick where other players get a pass?

I think Poch loves the English game, but sometimes it's brick like the above that grates him more than any budget issue at the club.

For someone repeatedly going on about "what I actually posted...", perhaps you should try it?

Ive commented on what youve posted. Which has been distinctly negative. I havent, however, stated you arent happy with 3rd.

Did I mention 3rd? Yes. To point toward all the positives at the club. That was it.

Relax, take a step back, maybe not everything needs to be an argument?

My whole point was based out of the Poch thread where you seem to be wilfully taking a negative spin on rather benign comments. Whatever anyone says you have a downbeat retort, its like you want to be down on something... Thats what Im picking up on.

Now, you tell me thats wrong? Fair enough - but maybe take a minute to work out why I might think that in the first place...

Ah look. I really don’t want to go around in circles with you on this but your first post having a go at me was because I said “I’m one of his biggest fans”. My posting history absolutely supports that. If you find a post where I’ve not been positive about Pochs performance, I’ll retract everything I’ve said.

I’m concerned about the noises he is making because they may (or may not) mean he’s having second thoughts about us. That’s the way lots of people have interpreted his comments and I’m just putting forward that viewpoint. It is possible to be 100% behind him and the club while being concerned at the same time.

Ah look. I really don’t want to go around in circles with you on this but your first post having a go at me was because I said “I’m one of his biggest fans”. My posting history absolutely supports that. If you find a post where I’ve not been positive about Pochs performance, I’ll retract everything I’ve said.

I’m concerned about the noises he is making because they may (or may not) mean he’s having second thoughts about us. That’s the way lots of people have interpreted his comments and I’m just putting forward that viewpoint. It is possible to be 400% behind him and the club while being concerned at the same time.

And theres the bit I havent seen you entertain.

As I said, I can only post to what Ive seen, perhaps the way you think you are presenting yourself isnt actually how you are coming across.

It is annoying but Poch has caused this by opening his mouth in public. The media are just doing their job. He says nothing or unequivocally states that he’ll be here next year then there is no story. He’s failed to do that repeatedly.

One other point. Levy doesn’t like his managers talking in public like this. Gooner George and Harry found that out. I know there were other circumstances around those two but talking about club business in public like this doesn’t appear to be something Levy tolerates very well.

The difference is, Poch waited until the season was over before coming out with these quotes, making sure that uncertainty wouldn’t affect the team’s results. Redknapp liked to play the political game too, but he was more than happy to play it in February, ramping up the pressure on the team and causing all manner of speculation that he could leave. Poch hasn’t done that.

As the guy that has just enabled us to finish top 3, 3 years in a row, he’s absolutely entitled to make the point that we need to push on. It’s his job, and I’m delighted we have someone with such a winners mentality leading our club. Levy is going to respect it more than anything - he’ll be no stranger to applying the right kind of pressure to various parties to get the best for the club and he knows Poch is doing exactly the same. It will be Levy’s job to give as much as he can while keeping us long term sustainable, but neither party will be doing anything they aren’t supposed to be doing over the next few weeks. We have seriously smart people running our club, and we have winners. We are in great hands.

And theres the bit I havent seen you entertain.

As I said, I can only post to what Ive seen, perhaps the way you think you are presenting yourself isnt actually how you are coming across.

Fair enough buddy. I’m a natural glass half-emptyist anyway so fingers crossed he gets his transfer kitty, keeps the squad together and works his magic for years to come.

Finishing 5th or 6th would actually show anything but a winning mentality. Players with winning mentalities want to go toe to toe with the best (CL) not get one over Accrington Stanley.

I will be sure to remember that should we finish 5th/6th and win a trophy. I am sure the point of view will be spun to something about net spend and 6th highest wage bill so we are at about our level whilst enjoying the glory of a trophy you aren't bothered about over CL. Unbelievable

Where would that money come from? City just bought the title with a squad that cost £0.5Bn more than ours.

Even if Levy could somehow find £0.5Bn to catch up (he can't) then what's to stop City just going out and spending £1Bn?

I think it is not just a case of money but timing. Pre-seasons are very important to Poch, and the World Cup/starting with three away games will already leave him frustrated ( I think we'd all agree that inability to close deals fast has disrupted our pre-season and affected our early season form). He wants early, decisive action in the market, and he wants a couple of "shake-up difference makers" for sure. He is not unrealistic at all, and I think everything he wants is wholly, wholly realistic given our success the past three seasons.

Back