• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Play the full team and risk players ahead of the cup semi and get torn to shreads for not taking the cups seriously, rest players for the semi and get torn to shreads for chopping and changing...

This.
My personal preference would’ve been strongest side tonight, but I have to trust him.
It was a match where we can clearly see why he will upgrade the CMs if possible; neither Victor or Moose are quite there in the business end of it all..:

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This.
My personal preference would’ve been strongest side tonight, but I have to trust him.
It was a match where we can clearly see why he will upgrade the CMs if possible; neither Victor or Moose are quite there in the business end of it all..:

We don’t know which players omitted tonight are in the Red Zone for injury or had a knock that would benefit from a rest. What we do know is that Poch, while he makes mistakes, is the best manager we’ve had in decades (I know, no trophy) and that he has earned the right to make the decisions he does make. And he will improve, whatever the results of his choices.

We don’t know which players omitted tonight are in the Red Zone for injury or had a knock that would benefit from a rest. What we do know is that Poch, while he makes mistakes, is the best manager we’ve had in decades (I know, no trophy) and that he has earned the right to make the decisions he does make. And he will improve, whatever the results of his choices.

100% this.

Who else would we play instead of Kane

Lamppost llorente?
Son who has a poor away scoring record?
Lamela who doesn’t score?
You make it sound like we don't score goals with Kane out. In the last couple of seasons when he has been unavailable we have done well in terms of scoring. Recall Emirates Marketing Project at home, Chelsea away.

You make it sound like we don't score goals with Kane out. In the last couple of seasons when he has been unavailable we have done well in terms of scoring. Recall Emirates Marketing Project at home, Chelsea away.

Yeah I know but son last night showed he can have poor games

eriksen too

Maybe we missed Alli as he does occupy the defenders well

Attacking wise again we were blunt and Kane got better as the game went on (was rubbish first 30)

I agree we need to sort out what the back up plan is (if that’s what you mean)

Yeah I know but son last night showed he can have poor games

eriksen too

Maybe we missed Alli as he does occupy the defenders well

Attacking wise again we were blunt and Kane got better as the game went on (was rubbish first 30)

I agree we need to sort out what the back up plan is (if that’s what you mean)

For me it is clear mate. Our CMs generally need to move the ball quicker (they have done in some matches, though this is usually when the personnel blend is right). It gets too slow in there otherwise. When Dele plays deeper we end up with quick moving possession. Yes we absolutely miss the lad whenever he doesn't play, he can do several things we struggle to find anywhere else. I believe we will absolutely look for better alternatives in the DM dept, not to mention FBs...

For me it is clear mate. Our CMs generally need to move the ball quicker (they have done in some matches, though this is usually when the personnel blend is right). It gets too slow in there otherwise. When Dele plays deeper we end up with quick moving possession. Yes we absolutely miss the lad whenever he doesn't play, he can do several things we struggle to find anywhere else. I believe we will absolutely look for better alternatives in the DM dept, not to mention FBs...

I agree. Wanyama is badly off form since coming back from injury and Sissoko is all effort and no finesse. If only Winks was fit and on form.

I think that it was probably right to rest players for Saturday but I will feel more relaxed about it if Burnley do us a favour tonight.

I agree. Wanyama is badly off form since coming back from injury and Sissoko is all effort and no finesse. If only Winks was fit and on form.

I think that it was probably right to rest players for Saturday but I will feel more relaxed about it if Burnley do us a favour tonight.

Agreed. We really need Burnley and the dippers to help us IMO. I think we will get across the line for 4th but it won't be comfortable. Yes, shame about Winks and hope it is retrievable (have heard nothing to suggest it isn't - that's just me talking)...but yes...I have personally been very disappointed in Wanyama (lack of regular games does affect rhythm but equally he was never a player who needed that) and Moose is just being -well, Moose!

I'd add that until addressed, either Dele or Eriksen can sometimes drop back into those areas for 20 mins or so and help drive the traffic at greater speed and with more precision...

Stupid selection today from Poch

He tore the heart out of the team and replaced it with players who were not ready

Sissoko is a terrible footballer
Aurier is a terrible footballer
Kane is massively not match fit right now, lumbering around
Alli given the day off
And Dembele
And Dier
And Trippier

Just stupid, giving away 2nd and 3rd place, making it a VERY tough game for everyone involved, rather than playing the real first team and then coasting

Awful match, awful performance, awful selection from Poch. Stupid
Nonsense. Sissoko played well and Kane was much better than Saturday.
We were only an Aurier away from a good result.

Based on the wages we pay 4th is overachievement.

Based on the players we have and the weaknesses of other clubs 4th will be a disappointment.

I was fine with the selection, it was almost exactly what I posted in the match thread.

People bitch and moan about squad depth, and then bitch and moan when changes are made and the players dont deliver.

There was pace and guile in that team. There was a solid core. There was, 80% of our first choice defence.

Against BRIGHTON. With a semi final at the weekend.

Completely reasonable selection IMO.

I understand people get tinkley when we dont get the result they want, but come on...

I was fine with the selection, it was almost exactly what I posted in the match thread.

People bitch and moan about squad depth, and then bitch and moan when changes are made and the players dont deliver.

There was pace and guile in that team. There was a solid core. There was, 80% of our first choice defence.

Against BRIGHTON. With a semi final at the weekend.

Completely reasonable selection IMO.

I understand people get tinkley when we dont get the result they want, but come on...
Also no one giving credit to Brighton who were very solid and defended very well.....

Also no one giving credit to Brighton who were very solid and defended very well.....

Played like the away team. Dont blame them. Were very compact and had clearly been working on stiffling us.

I do agree with the earlier comment, had we not conceeded that penalty at that point, it would likely have gone on to be a routine win.

Dont forget, also, that the reverse fixture was very tight. Aurier fluked a goal just before half time, from when it was very cagey right up until Son scored in the 87th minute. It wasnt a comfortable 2-0 at all.

Played like the away team. Dont blame them. Were very compact and had clearly been working on stiffling us.

I do agree with the earlier comment, had we not conceeded that penalty at that point, it would likely have gone on to be a routine win.

Dont forget, also, that the reverse fixture was very tight. Aurier fluked a goal just before half time, from when it was very cagey right up until Son scored in the 87th minute. It wasnt a comfortable 2-0 at all.
Absolutely. Eriksen had a stinker and hes the one that makes my pants sticky so to get a draw wasnt the worst result in the world. The only issue I have is that we dont really have any momentum going into the Semi Final....

Hard to judge that with all the changes, all those rested should come in really bright - and who knows - maybe those minutes were crucial for getting Kane up to speed?

He started to look his old self when dropped back and moved away from goal. He is one hell of a passer of the ball and opens up defences. When stuck up against the centre backs he is stifled somewhat.

Last edited:
Back