• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Im still not worried.

I think he would be an absolute fool to go at this stage and if he did Levy would try and put all sort of clauses in the deal to make players like Kane unsignable for Real.

If it was United I would be, they have a history of wanting young players coming through.

Could you imagine how bad the reaction would be if he was losing games/not winning and he didn’t make changes till the 70th minute - can already see the white hanky’s.

He’s lucky to have Spurs as we are to have him in the sense that he is at a big club and the pressure on him to win is not that much, which allows him to develop.

At Real he would be out the door within a season if he didn’t win anything - it’s how the club works - there is no time for a plan there.

I’m not saying he’s never going to be ready, but he’s miles off at the moment.

He’s clearly been tapped up though after his comments the other day - I hope the rumours about the new contract are true as he calls his bluff on them

I love it when our lot are flavour of the month, be it the players or the coach, nowadays.

I think that after Campbell and, to a lesser extent, Berbatov, we learnt some painful lessons (are you reading, G**ners?!? lol) and I feel confident that we hold the upper hand when/if any of the doped clubs come knocking. Sure, we will lose one or two players along the way but by Christ we will get top dollar for them and I'm sure that contingency plans will be acted upon pretty quickly tomake it as seamless as is possible. Plus, like Pochettino has said previously, I reckon that we will only sell if WE want to at the moment. That may well change in the next few years but I'm not going to worry about it right now.

Just gonna enjoy the ride!

And all the stuff that he is best at, he wouldn't get a chance to do there
With that all said he doesn’t exactly dismiss them does he? They are arguably the biggest name in football, such an opportunity doesn’t come often. Not saying he’d go there now, but I wouldn’t be overly confident he’d turn them down....

With that all said he doesn’t exactly dismiss them does he? They are arguably the biggest name in football, such an opportunity doesn’t come often. Not saying he’d go there now, but I wouldn’t be overly confident he’d turn them down....

There was nothing wrong with what he said, imo. I think he's been very clear on where his immediate future lies...

“My commitment is massive in this club and I’m working like I’m going to be here forever. But in the end it’s like the players – you never know what’s going to happen in football.
“Yes I know, there are a lot of rumours about this, about that. But tomorrow Daniel could have a bad night and say ‘oh I’m going to sack Mauricio’. And then I look stupid for saying now I’m not going to work in one place or another or another.
“You never know in football. That’s the problem. It’s a very unstable situation.

I think he does effectively dismiss them - now - he just doesn't close the door for the future.

Why should he? The average tenure of a football manager is painfully short and if nothing else, these links help raise his profile.

Why should he? The average tenure of a football manager is painfully short and if nothing else, these links help raise his profile.
Of course that’s my point, he wouldn’t rule out going to Madrid so why should we assume he wouldn’t just because they tend to have a short term span at Madrid? He had no problem dismissing ever managing Barca another elite club - yes I know that’s because of the rivalry but if he was so against the idea of going to a massive club that obviously only look short term he should have publicly dismissed them in the same fashion - and like you say, why should he, I’d be disappointed in him if he didn’t consider them....

“My commitment is massive in this club and I’m working like I’m going to be here forever. But in the end it’s like the players – you never know what’s going to happen in football.
“Yes I know, there are a lot of rumours about this, about that. But tomorrow Daniel could have a bad night and say ‘oh I’m going to sack Mauricio’. And then I look stupid for saying now I’m not going to work in one place or another or another.
“You never know in football. That’s the problem. It’s a very unstable situation.

I think he does effectively dismiss them - now - he just doesn't close the door for the future.
My gut is he won’t go for a few years, but you never know. Why should we believe what Poch says to the media anyway? Apparently everything he says about Sissoko is a lie, so why would it be any different in other areas? Or does he just tell the truth whenever it suits a certain agenda:D

Of course that’s my point, he wouldn’t rule out going to Madrid so why should we assume he wouldn’t just because they tend to have a short term span at Madrid? He had no problem dismissing ever managing Barca another elite club - yes I know that’s because of the rivalry but if he was so against the idea of going to a massive club that obviously only look short term he should have publicly dismissed them in the same fashion - and like you say, why should he, I’d be disappointed in him if he didn’t consider them....

This feels like another dead end conversation to me.

I think they will go for Conte. If Conte is up for a stay in Spain then I expect his people to put his name forward to Perez.

Also the Psg guy.

Poch will be very tempted despite his commitment to the project at Spurs. Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime chance. There is no certainty they will knock in his door in the future.

I think they will go for Conte. If Conte is up for a stay in Spain then I expect his people to put his name forward to Perez.

Also the Psg guy.

Poch will be very tempted despite his commitment to the project at Spurs. Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime chance. There is no certainty they will knock in his door in the future.

Actually I tjink there is a certainty.... if he keeps on doing what he is doing

Back