• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think it was definitely a conscious decision to hit them on the break, but we probably showed them a little too much respect in the first half. The balance was better in the 2nd.

I hope we play this way when we play Liverpool.

This is key to me Klopp seems to have it over poch in head to heads.... play them on the counter though... And I think that would change quite quickly

Does anyone else wonder why @DubaiSpur goes suspiciously missing when we have these momentous successes?

I swear he enjoys reveling in our shortcomings rather than embracing our achievements.

No, apparently it's just you. I'm not surprised, however - I always did have a high opinion of most posters here, and they're generally much more perceptive and pleasing to share moments of happiness with than some simpering git whose very first thought post-victory is 'why isn't DubaiSpur here?'.

Yes the disallowed goal was lucky, but how much bad luck have we had at Wembley (against Chelsea alone) in the past.

We made our own luck tonight. We beat an excellent team. Poch showed he's a bit of a wiz where tactics are concerned......but more importantly he can put the tactics across so the players understand him.

Poch is the best manager we have had for years, possibly since Burkinshaw. Just need to win a few of those silver pots that look nice in a display cabinet.

tickle my balls with a feather. And as you say we now need to start winning something.

No, apparently it's just you. I'm not surprised, however - I always did have a high opinion of most posters here, and they're generally much more perceptive and pleasing to share moments of happiness with than some simpering git whose very first thought post-victory is 'why isn't DubaiSpur here?'.

Take a gander over at the OMT mate, I was very much enjoying the result post-match.

It was just in the process of waiting for one of your essay-esque posts reveling in the victory that I realised; more often than not you save those for the moments when we're struggling or suffering a bit of a wobble.

Your constant moaning during the transfer window before we actually made some brilliant signings sprung to mind.. Two of these players were on show last night FYI.

You're not alone on this, so I don't mean to single you out. But it has always has left me bemused that a certain percentage of our fan base only seem to show any real passion / enjoyment when we're on our knees.

Take a gander over at the OMT mate, I was very much enjoying the result post-match.

It was just in the process of waiting for one of your essay-esque posts reveling in the victory that I realised; more often than not you save those for the moments when we're struggling or suffering a bit of a wobble.

Your constant moaning during the transfer window before we actually made some brilliant signings sprung to mind.. Two of these players were on show last night FYI.

You're not alone on this, so I don't mean to single you out. But it has always has left me bemused that a certain percentage of our fan base only seem to show any real passion / enjoyment when we're on our knees.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/omt-everton-vs-mighty-spurs.9177/page-15#post-959607

Well, that was comfortable. Everton had one attack of note, no threatening shots on target I can remember, and were slow and pedestrian throughout - the hallmarks of a team lacking in pace and needing to gel despite that.

We, on the other hand, were mint for about sixty minutes, and then just casual and unconcerned for thirty. September Kane's back, Alli was good, Eriksen was superb, Davies and Trippier did a good job on both flanks, Dier was reliable in the middle, the clean sheet was brought to us by Ajax Defensive Services (tm) with Toby, Jan and Sanchez impressive throughout.....and Sissoko was actually, legitimately pretty good. He's still trying too hard, and you could see that some of his touches and layoffs were just lacking in confidence - but for the first time in a long while, he looked a proper threat, and watching him rampage into the box was brilliantly encouraging despite the lack of end product.

He got a chant as he came off, and I think that was superb from our away fans. He deserved it. Here's to him getting the support he needs and growing into the player we thought he was when we signed him.

3-0, and life's sunny again, if only for a day. ;) Onwards and upwards.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commun...swashing Machine-omt.9090/page-24#post-947960

We struggled to break them down until Shelvey was sent off - but then, you expect that against a Rafa side. We'd started inching the tempo up before that incident, though - and I feel like, even if they'd stayed at eleven, we'd have upped our intensity as the game neared the 65/70 minute mark in a bid to force the goal. Perhaps by bringing Son on, as we ended up doing (and he instantly made us look more threatening - it's clear that his confidence hasn't suffered in the wake of his broken arm and delayed preseason).

All in all, solid performance despite the easier circumstances after the red card. Props go to Hugo, Toby, Jan, Davies and Dier for having quietly effective games - Alli for having the wit and cheekiness to get Shelvey sent off while keeping his own cool in the face of increasingly obvious attempts to bait him all game, KWP for performing very well for a youngster playing in his first game (and, indeed, on his first start) and both Dembele and Eriksen for being silky and effective in equal measure as the game wore on and their class began to tell.

Good start. Now f*cking sign some players, beat Chelsea and let's see if we can't have ourselves a barnstorming August in spite of the disappointing window that preceded it.

Also, I gave Sissoko last year without judging him, since I felt it's the least we could do in terms of being more forgiving and supportive of our players - *all* of them, regardless of price tag. As far as I'm concerned, his actual Spurs career starts now.

Thus, this season, I'll be expecting more from him, GKN and Janssen, if they all stick around after the window shuts. And on the showing he gave yesterday, I have to say, he isn't impressing me so far.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commun...s-heroes-v-hull-city.8980/page-12#post-926459

P H E N O M E N A L.

How do you take last season's late collapse and stuff it down the guffawing throats of every single one of the people who thought it defined Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham Hotspur?

Like this.

Magnificently done, Harry. Actually, magnificently done Hugo, Kieran, Toby, Jan, Ben, Eric, Victor, Christian, Dele, Son, Harry, Mauricio, Jesus, Miguel and Toni. To watch us wake from our temporary slumber after Clucas' goal and almost nonchalantly *slaughter* Hull for their impertinence was ..... it was just emotional. I wanted Spurs to be a team that terrified the opposition before they ever set foot on the pitch. With that sort of revenge for *daring* to fight back, I think the marker has been suitably set.

This was a beautiful way to end a beautiful season. I wanted 74 points.

We ended up with E I G H T Y - S I X. EIGHTY SIX.

A goal difference of +60.

Take a bow, everyone. Audere Est Facere. And this season, you have definitely f*cking dared.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commun...vs-tottenham-hotspur.8971/page-23#post-925408

First off, a word for our gracious 'champions' of 15-16.

Get f*cked, you inbred sh*tstains. The day you go back down to being nasty little nobodies filled with racists and brainless lumps can't come soon enough, and it hopefully will very soon judging by what just happened.

Anyway, enough about them. We were great. Controlled, composed performance, save for a shaky ten minute spell at the start of the second half. Strangled them to within an inch of their sorry lives in the first half, went in with a comfortable two goal lead, came back out and seemed surprised by their players actually trying to compete with us after that - so, we piled on another four for good measure and left them a lifeless huddle before strolling off.

Great, composed, clinical performance - full concentration, no slacking off, a 100% effort from start to finish. That is enormously impressive - that we come out with nothing to play for and *still* look as unfazed as at any point during this great league campaign is almost indescribably marvellous. *Nothing* like our past selves - such professionalism is bloody amazing to watch. :)

Well done, Harry - close to two consecutive golden boots in two years, another 30 goal season, and our personal talisman when it comes to blowing away sneering little rats. He's perfect - just f*cking perfect, and I'm starting to ask myself every day why we were blessed with someone like him coming along when he did. Nothing good ever happens to us...so why did Kane turn out the way he has?

Well, I won't look a gift horse in the eye. ;) Bravo, Harry. One of our own.

Our last four Premier League victories, in chronological order from most recent to furthest back.

I could bring up about 500 more examples, but honestly, justifying myself to dishonest gits trying to push their 'realizations' is not the way I want to spend my time on this site. I'll only say these two things - I couldn't watch the Dortmund game, so I kept my mouth shut rather than dishonestly blather on about something I hadn't seen. And I'd strongly encourage you to find more to what you enjoy about supporting Spurs than rushing post-match to publicly wonder why a poster didn't post about a game - it's honestly pretty pathetic if *that* is how you 'support' the club, or the players, or the manager, or Daniel Levy.

I'm obviously a big fan of the great man however his use of substitutions continues to be weak. I didn't have a problem with his starting 11 today (though it wasn't exactly what I would have chosen) however he's so slow to change things. In particular:

- it was clear about 10 mins into the second half that Trippier on the left wasn't working as he turned back inside all the time, but he didn't bring him off and put Davies or Vert on the left. It meant that the left hand side was a void in the second half
- we were lacking creativity, yet neither Dembele or Winks came on and we completed the game with 3 CBs and Dier on the pitch
- Dele was awful but stayed on and our only quicker attacker, Son, went off
- Llorente seems to only come on at desperation point

I'm obviously a big fan of the great man however his use of substitutions continues to be weak. I didn't have a problem with his starting 11 today (though it wasn't exactly what I would have chosen) however he's so slow to change things. In particular:

- it was clear about 10 mins into the second half that Trippier on the left wasn't working as he turned back inside all the time, but he didn't bring him off and put Davies or Vert on the left. It meant that the left hand side was a void in the second half
- we were lacking creativity, yet neither Dembele or Winks came on and we completed the game with 3 CBs and Dier on the pitch

That abject display makes me doubt how far we can go wth him. It was so bad when think of all the momentum that has been lost after such a good display on Wednesday! Such a waste!

That abject display makes me doubt how far we can go wth him. It was so bad when think of all the momentum that has been lost after such a good display on Wednesday! Such a waste!

Just like young players have things to learn, he has stuff to learn as a manager. Would love to be able to ask him the reason for some of these changes (or non-changes!)

I think he was poor today, I'm lost for words
He could've been more positive I agree.... No need to have four centre halves on the pitch in a game like that and Trippier didnt get beyond Swansea once and should've been hooked at half time, but Poch is the best manager we have had since Burkinshaw. If you don't see that then I despair.

He could've been more positive I agree.... No need to have four centre halves on the pitch in a game like that and Trippier didnt get beyond Swansea once and should've been hooked at half time, but Poch is the best manager we have had since Burkinshaw. If you don't see that then I despair.

What got me really peved is the lost momentum from Wednesday, all that hard work from the players!
He has indeed been very good for us but in some strang way his managerial performance today just compounds my utter frustration with today's events!

Last edited:
What got me really peved is the lost momentum from Wednesday, all that hard work from the players!
He has indeed been very good for us but in some strang way his managerial performance today just compounds my utter frustration with today's events!

Whatever mistakes Poch made surely we still had enough top players on the pitch to beat Swansea. It just didn't happen. Too many players didn't step up.

Whatever mistakes Poch made surely we still had enough top players on the pitch to beat Swansea. It just didn't happen. Too many players didn't step up.

The players have to of course take their share of the blame!
What really concerns me regarding Pochettinno today was the Trippier situation, it baffled so many just on here? We are not all footballing geniuses by any means, it was just so obviously just plain wrong! AND yet he did nothing?

Just looking at our league results from last season, we did start slow. First 15 games, we won 7, drew 6 and lost 2.

Among those were home draws with Liverpool (where we should have got smashed to be fair) and Leicester (probably should have won that one). Also in 10 of our first 15 games last season (in the league) we scored 1 goal or less.

In the 23 games that followed, we won 19, drew 2 and lost 2. We also scored 2 or more goals in 18 of those 23 games.

So yeah, we are slow starters! Don't panic...yet...

Just looking at our league results from last season, we did start slow. First 15 games, we won 7, drew 6 and lost 2.

Among those were home draws with Liverpool (where we should have got smashed to be fair) and Leicester (probably should have won that one). Also in 10 of our first 15 games last season (in the league) we scored 1 goal or less.

In the 23 games that followed, we won 19, drew 2 and lost 2. We also scored 2 or more goals in 18 of those 23 games.

So yeah, we are slow starters! Don't panic...yet...

I can except all you have said.
But why play Trippier on the left! Baffled o_O

Exactly this. I even started a thread about Poch's in game management and use of subs. It appears to be his Achilles Heel. Maybe he needs wiser counsel next to him on matchdays.

Back