• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't think that it is anything to do with playing at Wembley. We have been slow starters every season under Poch.

This.

I do think his use of substitutes is an area for him to develop, and has been since he came to us. I have every confidence it will improve.

This.

I do think his use of substitutes is an area for him to develop, and has been since he came to us. I have every confidence it will improve.

Our record towards the end of games is one of the best in the league. So I'm not too bothered about his use of subs.

I don't think that it is anything to do with playing at Wembley. We have been slow starters every season under Poch.

I hope you are right and it is nothing to do with Wembley. And it is true that we have been slow starters. However, when you play the kind of high line pressing game that we do, the additional ground we have to cover over 90 minutes, although it may not seem much, I believe does make a difference. And where we often used to look a bit more ragged and open in the last quarter of the game at WHL, I think we look more so at Wembley.

Plus the Wembley turf has always seemed a bit dead and energy sapping - but that is just my subjective observation of various teams playing there on TV -so very possibly wrong.

Anyway I guess we will find out after a few more games.

You'd have hoped that this season should have been the chance to change that. All the starting 11 today were here last year, no signings to bed in and get used to the system and there was no World Cup or European Champs in the summer to delay the return of our players to pre-season training (some June internationals would have had a bit of an impact but not much). You would have hoped that we would have come out of the blocks flying this year....and to be honest, the Saudi Sportswashing Machine performance I thought was very professional/clinical and the Cheatski performance was far from a disaster either, they just scored with their only 2 efforts.

Its incredible what one injury-time goal today does to opinions. If we'd won 1-0, everyone would be quietly confident going into the internationals, rather than the near melt-down which risks ensuing on here....

The last two weeks must have given it a bit of a knock.

For me he often waits too long before changing it up.

That said, our final league position over the past two seasons would suggest I'm writing brick and Poch is right. :)

This Wembley thing has been going on for yonks though. Different managers, different players. We are simply going through a long continuous run of poor results stretching back years.

You'd have hoped that this season should have been the chance to change that. All the starting 11 today were here last year, no signings to bed in and get used to the system and there was no World Cup or European Champs in the summer to delay the return of our players to pre-season training (some June internationals would have had a bit of an impact but not much). You would have hoped that we would have come out of the blocks flying this year....and to be honest, the Saudi Sportswashing Machine performance I thought was very professional/clinical and the Cheatski performance was far from a disaster either, they just scored with their only 2 efforts.

Its incredible what one injury-time goal today does to opinions. If we'd won 1-0, everyone would be quietly confident going into the internationals, rather than the near melt-down which risks ensuing on here....

No team can play flat out all season. Poch times our peak in form and fitness for the right time. We just need to get better at grinding out results early in season. If it was not for a couple of late goals, we'd be having a very different conversation. Small margins and all that.

This Wembley thing has been going on for yonks though. Different managers, different players. We are simply going through a long continuous run of poor results stretching back years.

Before this season, we have tended to play better quality opposition at Wembley. You would expect to win less against better sides. Our fans need to be mentally stronger and stop looking for excuses.

If it was not for a couple of late goals, we'd be having a very different conversation. Small margins and all that.

Yep, exactly what said.....and I cant see anything today which really changes to outlook for us or the PL from the day before the season started. Maybe Man U has started faster than some expected but we should still be in / around the top 4 come May

Before this season, we have tended to play better quality opposition at Wembley. You would expect to win less against better sides. Our fans need to be mentally stronger and stop looking for excuses.

We lost an Fa cup semi against Pompey.....That is not normal or acceptable at all

I'm not saying there is a curse or something, just that we are going through a long run of poor results. When it will end who knows. We just have to get through it.

We lost an Fa cup semi against Pompey.....That is not normal or acceptable at all

I'm not saying there is a curse or something, just that we are going through a long run of poor results. When it will end who knows. We just have to get through it.

You're going back a way there. It is ridiculous to say that losing to a particular club in a cup game is unacceptable. The underdog wins a surprisingly high number of games, so anything can happen in a one off game.

You're going back a way there. It is ridiculous to say that losing to a particular club in a cup game is unacceptable. The underdog wins a surprisingly high number of games, so anything can happen in a one off game.

I did say we are going through a long continuous run of poor results. It's simply an observation. Good opposition, weak opposition, whether we play well, whether we play poorly, PL, CL, fa cup, league cup, it doeznt matter the result ends up going against us.

I did say we are going through a long continuous run of poor results. It's simply an observation. Good opposition, weak opposition, whether we play well, whether we play poorly, PL, CL, fa cup, league cup, it doeznt matter the result ends up going against us.

It happens. You get runs of results. There does not have to be a cause for it.

Love Poch, thought we were unlucky today and I think we will kick on with a couple of additions.

BUT - I don't know why he left Dembele on for so long today, he was totally phucked near the end. Watch how he moves for their goal. I think Poch dropped a b0llock there.

3 games in, a good time for the international break for us. We'll put a run together, just you watch.

I have tried making this point to people in everyday life and it is like banging your head against a brick wall, I bet we do not lose many games at Wembley to crap teams this season and as much as I hate them Chelsea are not crap. We will get the odd draws just like we did most seasons at the lane, last season was a once in a generation for us with home form.

I have tried making this point to people in everyday life and it is like banging your head against a brick wall, I bet we do not lose many games at Wembley to crap teams this season and as much as I hate them Chelsea are not crap. We will get the odd draws just like we did most seasons at the lane, last season was a once in a generation for us with home form.

Quite. The teams that we lost to at Wembley last year were Monaco, Leverkusen and Chelsea. That is going to be tough anywhere.

With respect to Poch, he's taken us 5th, 3rd, 2nd, so has plenty of credit in the bank. It's easy to dig him out for late subs etc, but there will be other managers who have better resources, and maybe make better sub choices than us, who have finished below us, over the last 2 or 3 seasons.
My point being, let's not look in isolation at some of the real time decisions he has to make.
RegardingWembley itself, I'm going to try and take a positive out of this, in that WHEN we get some "home" wins under our belt, playing there in a Cup match, should end up becoming an advantage, especially in the latter stages.

Back