• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Two different clubs in two different situations. My recommendation for arsenal... To be more aggressive than us in buying and develop youth, get a younger and more progressive coach, and be ruthless in demanding effort on the pitch. With the budgets they have they should be doing much better. And say goodbye to Wenger and his favourites.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk
Sure. But I question the basis for putting (domestic) cup wins forward as essential our decisive.

Sure. But I question the basis for putting (domestic) cup wins forward as essential our decisive.
It's not the only decisive element. It's on top of what we have already. And it's still about money, about how football succees must drive non football commercial growth and vice versa.

If we get #2 again next year, I am sure one of our best starting eleven will be off too. Hopefully not to a direct competitor, unless they give us one of their own to even things out.

It's not the only decisive element. It's on top of what we have already. And it's still about money, about how football succees must drive non football commercial growth and vice versa.

If we get #2 again next year, I am sure one of our best starting eleven will be off too. Hopefully not to a direct competitor, unless they give us one of their own to even things out.

Assuming you're right about that.

The question remains. How much of a difference does a domestic cup win make to that? Unless that is likely to make a significant difference does it make more sense to not prioritize the domestic cups as they might distract us from that all important league title chase?

As it is I think a comparison to some other clubs in similar situations is useful. Dortmund and Atletico Madrid spring to mind. Cup wins didn't let them keep their best players. Even league titles didn't actually ensure that. If a player wants to leave depends more on what the elite clubs in Europe want and need. Much more than any cup win.

The key to continued success is in the continued development of players. And some success in the transfer market. Not in trying to solve the impossible riddle of how to ensure no player wants to leave.

every single one that a bigger club wanted

henry
nasri
sagna
clichy
vermaelen
Wheelchair
ade
van persie
k toure
hleb
flamini
fabregas

So finishing in the Holy Grail ( top four) did not keep them there. I find that hard to believe as i have been told MANY times that finishing in the top four is a MUST if we want to keep our best players.

So finishing in the Holy Grail ( top four) did not keep them there. I find that hard to believe as i have been told MANY times that finishing in the top four is a MUST if we want to keep our best players.

it's about wages

and we need to establish ourselves in the CL to increase the salaries we can pay

So do you believe that Modric, Bale, Berby only left us for money?

primarily yes, status is surely part of it too, but a very very small part

my company have won plenty of awards over the years, I couldn't name half of them, and I'd move to a competitor who hasn't won any if they offered more money, or at least use it to get a raise

footballers are professionals, they have a lifetimes living to make in a 15/20 year career

primarily yes, status is surely part of it too, but a very very small part

my company have won plenty of awards over the years, I couldn't name half of them, and I'd move to a competitor who hasn't won any if they offered more money, or at least use it to get a raise

footballers are professionals, they have a lifetimes living to make in a 15/20 year career

Well we will have to disagree over this, we seem to be taking this thread off topic so best we leave it.

It's necessary, but not sufficient.

A cup win isn't necessary or sufficient imo. But it can be a factor.

It's a bit of success in everything. Winning stuff begets commercial deals and attracts more fans, resulting in us paying better salaries. We've got decent football results, now we need to pay better salaries.

Yeah the world has gone crazy but that's the price you pay if you want to remain in amongst the top these days

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk

Interesting interview

Poch is such a great guy it's easy to see why players like to play for him.

He is the right man for the club at this time. There is a clear philosophy and standard he is implementing. The emphasis and trust in youth is clear.

I don't know how long our best players will stay but Levy and the club cannot afford to lose Poch. The stability, strength and vision he provides will not be easy to find in someone else.

This was a nice snippet to lift from a broader interview with Friedel. And a good mention about John McDermott as well.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/07/...ast-career-makes-mauricio-pochettino-special/

World Soccer Talk: Spurs, your former club are touring the US right now. They don’t have the resources of the other top clubs (in England) but somehow, some way Mauricio Pochettino has been able to bleed in a lot of young players yet keep the club in the top four the last two years in an incredibly competitive league at the top. What are your expectations for the upcoming season and how does Pochettino do it?

Brad Friedel: My expectation is that they’ll fight for the league title. You say “somehow, some way.” It’s not an accident, not a mistake – Mauricio is arguably the finest young manager out there. Along with John McDermott who I think is one the very best youth developers of footballing talent in the entire world – he is the academy director there. They work closely together. Mauricio has no problem giving a young player the opportunity to do well, if he thinks they are ready. No they don’t pay the wages or the transfer fees of some of the other teams. They don’t need to. That’s because of the way Mauricio and John train the players. That’s both mentally and physically. He (Pochettino) is a truly a gem, and if he really needed someone and needed to press to get someone and needed to go to Daniel Levy and the board, I am sure they would back him. But he’s very particular about who he wants to bring into the club. If he isn’t sure that person is going to make the club better than he will promote one of the academy players and make them better (instead). It was only a year at the end of my career, but it was such a valuable year for me on the coaching front and I was working on my pro license with one of his assistants. I learned an incredible amount from that entire staff.

That is music to my ears, but Sissoko?!!

If Poch is so careful, why did he Sissoko all down the front of his tuxedo?

Back