• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Well if Guardiola is given the same time Poch is Im sure he will be a success with City. The fact is you cant ridicule managers being placed ahead of Poch who have actually won things, as good as Poch potentially is. Klopp is certainly in the same bracket as Poch yet has won things, and Guardiola has won it all so you cant really argue Poch can be ahead of them just because he's building a potentially successful team....
I think most managers would be a success at City if given time considering their huge resources. It is difficult to fail to win trophies when you are at the club who have the biggest transfer budget and wage bill. It was the same story for Guardiola at both Barcelona and Bayern Munich too.

With the huge resources at Pep's disposal it was a bit of a mess at City last season.
I think Mourinho and Pep both are overrated and their success is a direct correlation to their employers financial muscle in the transfer markets.
Sadly, as sport in general is even more one dimensional these days, it is why Levy is 'trying' to increase oor ability of at least hanging on to the coattails of the oil rich clubs.
Poch though has worked wonders and begrudgingly an honorable mention to Klopp who is also doing a good job with less resource.

With the huge resources at Pep's disposal it was a bit of a mess at City last season.
I think Mourinho and Pep both are overrated and their success is a direct correlation to their employers financial muscle in the transfer markets.
Sadly, as sport in general is even more one dimensional these days, it is why Levy is 'trying' to increase oor ability of at least hanging on to the coattails of the oil rich clubs.
Poch though has worked wonders and begrudgingly an honorable mention to Klopp who is also doing a good job with less resource.

In Mou's defence he did win in Europe with Porto... but it does help that heibclub didn't have to worry about league games

In Mou's defence he did win in Europe with Porto... but it does help that heibclub didn't have to worry about league games

No doubt about it Mourinho was a class manager back then. Now he is a manager under huge pressure and with £400m+ p.a. for transfers and he's no fool he is going to use it. He was excellent at Inter and Chelsea also.
Pep will have/should have learned from last season.
Poch will have his work cut out this season for sure.

No doubt about it Mourinho was a class manager back then. Now he is a manager under huge pressure and with £400m+ p.a. for transfers and he's no fool he is going to use it. He was excellent at Inter and Chelsea also.

Pep isn't stupid but he has to address the things that cost them an that takes time in a league that is far more competitive than any he has managed in previous

Similarly Mou has to actually develop a first team as last year it looked at times like it was chucked together and it showed. I'm not convince they have £400m either but lets see

What both need to do is assemble a team rather than individuals playing in 11 shirts

We have a structure and a flexibility that no team in the division can match... whether we are good enough to improve on last year remains to be seen but that flexibility is massive. Ive never seen a team change formations mid game like we do and not suffer. Posh know shot he is doing and most importantly what he is dealing with

Mourinho's philosophy is that teams do not win games... but teams do lose games. He goes out to win a cup by "not losing" all the way to the cup. Miserable taco.
Listen to Graham Hunter's podcast with Benni Mcarthy.

Mourinho's philosophy is that teams do not win games... but teams do lose games. He goes out to win a cup by "not losing" all the way to the cup. Miserable taco.

Well, in the cups you can indeed lose if you draw twice but score less away goals than your opponent, but I see what you mean. ;)

Mou doesn't lose big games IMO

He is a master at setting his team up to not lose if that gets him the result he needs... it was Suprised me last year in that he conceded games with his team choices but he made sure he won the ones that got them trophies

Mou doesn't lose big games IMO

He is a master at setting his team up to not lose if that gets him the result he needs... it was Suprised me last year in that he conceded games with his team choices but he made sure he won the ones that got them trophies

He is the best in the game at winning those type of games,some fans may not like to admit it but if you had to bet your life on any game he would be the manager to choose.

Difference between poch and mourinho summed up.

If we played Ajax in the final of the UEFA cup there would have been a few doubts and nerves. With mourinho and that Man U team there was never a doubt in my mind.

Difference between poch and mourinho summed up.

If we played Ajax in the final of the UEFA cup there would have been a few doubts and nerves. With mourinho and that Man U team there was never a doubt in my mind.

Perfect example is when Liverpool who had won 11 lge games on the trot back in the 13-14 season and were at home to Chelsk three games from the end of the season. Jose did a job on them Suarez, Sturridge and all and ended up winning the game.

Perfect example is when Liverpool who had won 11 lge games on the trot back in the 13-14 season and were at home to Chelsk three games from the end of the season. Jose did a job on them Suarez, Sturridge and all and ended up winning the game.

Jose is good against sides he knows how to setup, i.e. he is a great counter manager

Poch is becoming a manager that is good at setting his side up to win consistently with his system.

To me, there is no question who is the past and who is the future (regardless of all the things Jose has accomplished, he is no longer the manager who went to Madrid)

The slippy G game?

Jose is good against sides he knows how to setup, i.e. he is a great counter manager

Poch is becoming a manager that is good at setting his side up to win consistently with his system.

To me, there is no question who is the past and who is the future (regardless of all the things Jose has accomplished, he is no longer the manager who went to Madrid)

Fairy tales mate he won two cups immediately with a brick man u team.

Other teams in the league have got better but i wouldn't dismiss him.

Pochettino given time will win things and possibly would have done already had he got Chelsea man u etc money

Pochettino given time will win things and possibly would have done already had he got Chelsea man u etc money

A brick Manu team? you mean the one that had Pogba, Zlatan, DaGea, Mata, Carrick, Martial, etc. and is the most expensive squad in the league? What he continues to be great at is getting the media to buy into his alternative reality that somehow other teams have any kind of advantage over them re squad/money/etc. Look not dismissing the guy, but he is not what he used to be, old Jose would have won the league.

IMO it would be foolish to write Jose off just yet.

Spot on.

A brick Manu team? you mean the one that had Pogba, Zlatan, DaGea, Mata, Carrick, Martial, etc. and is the most expensive squad in the league? What he continues to be great at is getting the media to buy into his alternative reality that somehow other teams have any kind of advantage over them re squad/money/etc. Look not dismissing the guy, but he is not what he used to be, old Jose would have won the league.

He is half way through rebuilding his team looking at the rumours and activity. Surely you can see that this man u team has massive holes in it.

I'm impressed with his record at utd. Possibly could have won more league games but look at the defence he inherited. He spent lots perhaps he will play pogba to his strengths and not for cover etc

Back