• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Journos with actual access to the club: "It's been one of the most chilled weeks in recent memory for Poch."

The rags: "FULL BLOWN CRISIS MODE, POCH IS FUMING, LEVY IS SMASHING THE CHEESE ROOM TO PIECES AT THE THOUGHT OF A PAYOUT. More to come stay tuned."

It's at least four media outlets running the story now, all at the same time .. make of it what you will.

My only comment is if the club is that close to a decision, Levy already has a replacement lined up.

I would be flabbergasted if his job hangs on one match. It would make no sense. Unless he flat-out quit (and again I cannot believe he will) I don’t think so.

Remember, for two seasons the media has been trying to separate us from Poch, and last winter some here were 400% convinced he was off to Man U...we shall see mate...but I don’t think so!

As for the "crisis meetings" with Levy, I'd certainly hope the two are meeting, from my hope and perspective to address what we can do in January to continue regenerating this squad as we try to also get on with the season.

It wouldn't just be this one match though, from Levy's POV it would be the culmination of the entire season so far and another loss could be yet another indicator that Poch is unable to turn things around.

I'm not saying we should sack him, but at some point if the current results and performances continue then sadly that is what will happen, the question is how much time are we willing to give him to show progress?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

It's at least four media outlets running the story now, all at the same time .. make of it what you will.

My only comment is if the club is that close to a decision, Levy already has a replacement lined up.

their all the same guys churning out the same stories. the way the media works in the U.K. is so scewd by who owns the papers which now is only a few people

It wouldn't just be this one match though, from Levy's POV it would be the culmination of the entire season so far and another loss could be yet another indicator that Poch is unable to turn things around.

I'm not saying we should sack him, but at some point if the current results and performances continue then sadly that is what will happen, the question is how much time are we willing to give him to show progress?

It would actually be a logical point in time

- The manager has a mostly fit squad, plus the international break to work on plan and with several players
- The club probably has had time to continue (I'm sure there has been a back up plan for some time) the replacement conversation
- The opponent is both a rival and in an equally bad position form wise, failure to pick up maximum here would be an indicator.

None of us know, but surely it won't really be a surprise if it was the case?

It would actually be a logical point in time

- The manager has a mostly fit squad, plus the international break to work on plan and with several players
- The club probably has had time to continue (I'm sure there has been a back up plan for some time) the replacement conversation
- The opponent is both a rival and in an equally bad position form wise, failure to pick up maximum here would be an indicator.

I likewise do expect him to be removed from his position if we lose to West Ham and having been saying so amongst my friends. Could be the end of an era [emoji21]

T = points scored by top team in the league
B = points scored by bottom team
S = points scored by Spurs

F (points factor) = S/(T-B)

That way, it includes our proportion of the top points scored as that's an important measure of how much we fought towards a title. It also factors in how competitive (narrow) the season was.

This will probably make a lot less sense once the wine wears off.
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png

The only thing that matters is whether Poch has the backing of Levy to oversee the transition in full. Pain and glory. If he does, then Saturdays result is irrelevant.

I don’t believe we are the sort of club that makes decisions based on one game. And for anyone who says it’s not one game, if u believe that a win will save Poch, then it is one game.

We have at least 5 players who are wantaways. That's almost half a team. They are not squad members either they are first teamers. Discarding them is terrible for the dynamic and morale of the squad. What do you do with that many players? have them train with the youth team? Why? They've done nothing wrong other than said they see their futures lie elsewhere.

The best thing was to sell them otherwise you as the manager is going to have a problem. Personally I think we should have got rid of Eriksen and Toby two summers ago. But we were stuck because finances being tough, we couldn't bring in replacements.

This is different from Poch's first season when it sounded like two distinct factions. The group who want to leave are mates with the ones who want to stay.

Alderweireld, Eriksen, Rose, Vertonghen and I presume Wanyama? Scraping the barrel there, he hasnt been first team fit, let alone level, for what? 2 seasons?

Erisken, Rose, Alderweireld all have perfectly adequate alternatives in place. Committed alternatives at that.

Vertonghen is the only real hole in that, and while we could be playing someone like Tanganga I dont think we need to, IMO Vertonghens been playing ok.

And heres the catch. We dont need to discard all of the players who want out. We need to discard the ones that are apparently distracting the group and bringing it down.

Remember Modric? If these players were all operating at the levels he did in his last season there would be no complaints at all.

What have those guys done? Well, supposedly, they are responsible for how badly the group is playing right now. What with their "distracting" and stuff.

IF there is anything to that, the answer is very simple. Get shot. Everyone is better off.

Squad morale? Well lets frame this a little bit.

Is it a squad of elite sportsmen, all striving for success? Or is it the little orphan boys jolly fun social club?

I tend to think the former myself, and I tend to think - no matter how friendly the players are - if one (or more) is stinking up the whole season for the team, bringing everyone down, and being all distracting - then professional pride would come before personal connection.

Morale in a team is stronger when the leadership sets the standards and everybody knows the levels they should attain.

I dont believe in this idea of them all being super best friends who will sulk and pout if their underachieving mate gets penalised for being a turd.

We cant sell them right now. So the best thing is the manager fudges them off so everyone else can move on.

Where would they go? Honestly I dont care. Id be quite happy to send Eriksen back to Ajax to train his contract out ready for his next move. Matters not one bit to me at all.

What does matter is the manager having a vision, having focus, and making sure he has players who can say the same. If he needs to strip the bad apples out of the squad then he should, and IMO the squad is better off for it. Everyone on the same page, everyone striving for the best, the team version 2.0 coming into fruition, and no "distractions".

FWIW - I actually think Poch has been pretty unlucky this season. Firstly with injuries to new players initially etc.

We are the 5th highest scorers in the league and have conceded the same as Chelsea. Certainly not worthy of being 14th. The fact we are 3 points off 5th tells u the 14th is a little misleading. I know we’ve been poor but the teams around us have a vastly inferior GD which tells u a lot.

Also, 2 big VAR shouts have cost us 3 and 2 points each imo. You could argue we are 1cm from being 5th!

We could quickly run up the league with a few decent results. However, top 4 is gone imo.

Looks like the Tottenham have briefed the papers tonight and thet put this story at the same time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...no-holds-crisis-talks-daniel-levy-tottenhams/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Pochettino-just-matter-leaves-Tottenham.html

Why? They are trying to see how fans will reaction now to sacking Poch. If this story goes down badly he'll get more time.

That storms been brewing for a little while IMO. The £12m compo thing came out a week or so ago, just a subtle line in an article, almost as if to dispel the whole "He wont be sacked, itll cost £30m!" thing that was going round.

Other managers being linked, getting their profile up, talk of players being unhappy etc.

Not to make a judgement of if its right or wrong, but it certainly smells like the groundwork for change.

It really wouldnt, which I think says it all at this point.

I think this is a fair appraisal, yes. He has been trying to push on for some time, but regardless, as you point out, we are where we are and he isn't the first. I suppose now it becomes who wants what.

An interesting conundrum for some would be if we bin off the season Cl-wise, finish 7th or 8th but win the FA Cup. How would people feel about that? I, of course, still think we can win the CL but I am hopeless in that regard hahahahahaha...

I think that we would be in a position to have to bin off a season would be unforgivable. Especially as my personal feeling is there is really no good reason for us to be in the position we are right now. For that to become "lets write off the season then, try again next year" would be an absolute disaster.

And if THAT was the case, I would honestly question Pochs place in things.

CL? Its a cup competition, of course we could win it. And in true Tottenham fashion we would probably end up being the only CL winners defending their title from The Championship :D;)

Personally I think it should be down to if Pochettino *really* wants to stay.

If he doesn't want to be at the club then I see no alternative other than to let him leave.
However, if he is fully motivated we should let him rebuild.

Imagine swapping him for Ancellotti? Is that really better? (answer: no)

Personally I think it should be down to if Pochettino *really* wants to stay.

If he doesn't want to be at the club then I see no alternative other than to let him leave.
However, if he is fully motivated we should let him rebuild.

Imagine swapping him for Ancellotti? Is that really better? (answer: no)
Are you serious? The manager who has won everything there is to win and done so multiple times isnt any better than the coach who has won nothing? I love Poch, but come on:D....

Are you serious? The manager who has won everything there is to win and done so multiple times isnt any better than the coach who has won nothing? I love Poch, but come on:D....

Fair point. I think I see him through very, very blue tinted glasses...

Although just saw Napolis last CL match they had 29 shots and drew 1-1...So based on that it looks like he's ready to manage us ;)

Joking aside, I think it brings up the question of "win with a manager I personally don't like". I guess others would think the same of Mourihno for example.

Our form this calendar year is relegation form. Poch should have been moved on a few games ago. We lose on Sat and I am sure Levy will see the light!

That storms been brewing for a little while IMO. The £12m compo thing came out a week or so ago, just a subtle line in an article, almost as if to dispel the whole "He wont be sacked, itll cost £30m!" thing that was going round.

Other managers being linked, getting their profile up, talk of players being unhappy etc.

Not to make a judgement of if its right or wrong, but it certainly smells like the groundwork for change.

I think the 30 million is what it would cost for another club to buy out his contract and that's why Bayern won't go near him until he's sacked.

We know West Ham will perform at 120% of their potential, so not the best match to judge our team on. A failure to secure advancement in the CL against Olympiakos will definitely push him closer to the door. I don't see a repeat of the Barca game last season against Bayern.

I think the 30 million is what it would cost for another club to buy out his contract and that's why Bayern won't go near him until he's sacked.

We know West Ham will perform at 120% of their potential, so not the best match to judge our team on. A failure to secure advancement in the CL against Olympiakos will definitely push closer to the door. I don't see a repeat of the Barca game last season against Bayern.

If we are out fought by West Ham, that would indeed be very damning.

I think Scara raises a fair point. I dont think West Ham is "do or die", in the sense of "lose it and youre fired", but really every manager has a last game at some point - dont they? And West Ham could well be Pochs last.

Back