• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Whatever became of Frustration FC's Ginger Jiggins? The one AVB emasculated so calmly at a media conference.

Maybe Stobart is auditioning for that role?

Stobart does have a good source - it's quite well-known that he is mates with Josh Levy.

But he also has bosses who will be demanding content during the notoriously dead international break. So with no proper news, he probably just put some punctuation into an aggregate of his twitter feed.

I honestly did not know Stobart was a journalist, i just thought he was some kind of blogger with a depressing view on life.

I honestly did not know Stobart was a journalist, i just thought he was some kind of blogger with a depressing view on life.

Goal is online only, but it employs a handful of staff writers to produce proper content. They get full press passes/access to press conferences etc.

IMO it's as good as any newspaper online content bar the Telegraph and Guardian.

Followed Stobart for a while, he was always positive about Spurs in his language. Have seen a change since Sherwood went. It may well be that this was his source in the club. I doubt Levys son would give any info to a journo.

Agreed. I honestly think some people believe that any article that doesn't kiss Levy's **** and call him the best chairman in the league means they hate him. The standard hate him according to GB, it's beyond silly.

Although the term "trigger happy" is a matter of his own opinion, he's gone through enough managers for that remark to not be totally wide of the mark.

We have wasted the Bale money if we are judging the signings SO FAR.

Baldini has done a poor job so far. Again, that's his opinion, but why is asking the question of how is keeping his job so terrible?

I don't think it's a poor question at all. In fact I think it'd be absurd not to ponder it. I certainly thought he was doing some excellent work when he first came in alongside AVB and with DL's blessings, but perhaps I've ben hornswoggled like Voldy himself? Perhaps the bloke is charlatan?

Followed Stobart for a while, he was always positive about Spurs in his language. Have seen a change since Sherwood went. It may well be that this was his source in the club. I doubt Levys son would give any info to a journo.

His piece at the close of the window was positive and he is broadly positive about us on Twitter. Stobart is still one of the better informed jouros out there when it comes to us. Like GB says, it is probably just an international window space filler.

Goal is online only, but it employs a handful of staff writers to produce proper content. They get full press passes/access to press conferences etc.

IMO it's as good as any newspaper online content bar the Telegraph and Guardian.

Is it? Haven't paid much attention to it in the last few years but I've seen some awful rumours on there in the past. Like one about how Tevez could make a dramatic return from Emirates Marketing Project to United but in the same article it says that City wouldn't sell him, Tevez wouldn't want to leave and United don't want him anyway!

Is it? Haven't paid much attention to it in the last few years but I've seen some awful rumours on there in the past. Like one about how Tevez could make a dramatic return from Emirates Marketing Project to United but in the same article it says that City wouldn't sell him, Tevez wouldn't want to leave and United don't want him anyway!

To be fair, all of the newspapers publish rubbish rumours/clickbait too

They used to just steal from other sites/papers, but since they added some actual journalists it has gotten better, with some original content.

I don't think it's a poor question at all. In fact I think it'd be absurd not to ponder it. I certainly thought he was doing some excellent work when he first came in alongside AVB and with DL's blessings, but perhaps I've ben hornswoggled like Voldy himself? Perhaps the bloke is charlatan?

It's not like he's had pocket change either, he's spent over £100m. And he has failed miserably, so far. Levy can't really sack him now though, if anything, it might raise questions about Levy and we he brought him in to begin with. OK, we all know the reason, but why specifically him? How many more windows do you think Baldini will get?

id imagine Baldini was brought in because AVB recommended him and going by the past we know how important it is for Coaches/DoFs to be on the same wave length. or maybe even it was Baldini who recommended AVB as i remember reading we tried to appoint Baldini the season before but Roma weren't letting him go that summer (also he tried to get AVB to join Roma iirc) on paper that's a wise move - appointing a DoF and Coach who want to work together...

not that i think it was a case of AVB saying i want Baldini or vice/versa and Levy blindly agreeing, but it was most likely a big factor. same with Pochettino and our interest in this Mitchell fella

id imagine Baldini was brought in because AVB recommended him and going by the past we know how important it is for Coaches/DoFs to be on the same wave length. or maybe even it was Baldini who recommended AVB as i remember reading we tried to appoint Baldini the season before but Roma weren't letting him go that summer (also he tried to get AVB to join Roma iirc) on paper that's a wise move - appointing a DoF and Coach who want to work together...

not that i think it was a case of AVB saying i want Baldini or vice/versa and Levy blindly agreeing, but it was most likely a big factor. same with Pochettino and our interest in this Mitchell fella

I expect Baldini played a central role in selecting Poch too

[TWEET]534632804911706112[/TWEET]

"The Spurs chairman is well aware that the club’s supporters are turning on the board following a poor start to the season that has brought just 14 points from 11 matches and included home defeats to Liverpool, West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Stoke City."

Well, at least he's aware now. Maybe we can look forward to a less resoundingly negative net spend in the coming transfer windows, although more likely he'll just hire more stewards and crack down on the smattering of 'ENIC OUT' hotspots developing around the Lane.

Mauricio Pochettino admits he must make Tottenham players improve

Mauricio Pochettino has insisted that he is happy with his players despite Tottenham Hotspur’s disappointing start to the season and admitted that it is his responsibility to give them the tools to improve.

Pochettino has come under scrutiny as a result of Tottenham’s poor form and the attitude of his squad has also been questioned. Spurs have slipped to 12th place after winning two of their past eight league matches, yet Pochettino called for togetherness and sought to defend his under-performing players by saying that it is up to him to make them more resilient.

“I am happy with all players,” Tottenham’s manager said. “I have no complaint with the players. I complain with me because I need to give them more tools to play better. This is my worry.

My mentality is to find a solution for positive results, that is my responsibility as a head coach. I have to make sure we analyse the tactical situations, all the football side, but we need to improve our mentality as a team, to be more strong in all aspects. I tell that to the players, like I do the media. I have to give the tools for us to play better, this is on my shoulders. Now is not the moment to find the guiltiness, it is a moment to be together, to be strong. That is our responsibility. My responsibility is to get the results and improve the team.”

Pochettino refused to comment on reports that Southampton’s head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, is set to join Tottenham soon and said that he speaks his chairman, Daniel Levy, every day. However he hinted that Spurs’ structure needs to change and, given he worked closely with Mitchell at Southampton, the impending arrival would appear to strengthen Pochettino’s position. “My idea always is to try to improve,” the manager said. “Nothing is perfect – always we need to improve.”

Tottenham visit Hull City on Sunday afternoon and they may be glad to get away from White Hart Lane, where they have lost four times in the league this season. After the defeat to Stoke City in their previous match, Emmanuel Adebayor has said that the hostile atmosphere is making it difficult for the team to perform at home. However Pochettino said that he understands why supporters are frustrated. “We need to be positive,” he said. “The solution is just for us to play better on the pitch, to give our supporters the message we want to improve.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/21/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham

@FourFourTwo: SURVEY Tottenham fans still have more confidence in manager Pochettino than their team http://fft.sm/GFp4h4 #THFC

Hmmmm

Three defeats in the last four have seen Tottenham drop to 12th in the table. Confidence in the squad has fallen as low as 60%, while Pochettino is down to 64%, which suggests he may not be the Messiah after all.

And that noise you can hear is Mr Levy growing restless again.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...nce-pochettino-their-team#Hb0sh7VkLxdd4Xyz.99

Last edited:
Back