• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I've not really been looking at the table much this year but just saw it and had a double take at the wins column.

3 fudging wins from 11 games. I knew we'd been poor but bloody hell.

You just have to believe that the upturn starts now. A win would be priceless but a draw would mean progress. Hope there is no trouble outside the stadium/ our fans get to watch the game and get home safely...
Considering the re routing of our fans you have hope nothing kicks off

and then conceded another straight away

it was an immature performance, a situation that needed control, quiet the opposition fans, kill some clock, don’t give up anything easy

And then we scored again in the 75th?

I mean yeah, control would have been lovely, but City didn’t exhibit it either, and they have a Manager that values control above all else, so maybe we also did some good too?

Galeforce, I have been on this forum for years under different guises and I have normally liked and respected your posts. However, you appear to have recently found and taken some Helmet pills.

Leave them alone, mate. No good will come of it.

:)

Galeforce, I have been on this forum for years under different guises and I have normally liked and respected your posts. However, you appear to have recently found and taken some Helmet pills.

Leave them alone, mate. No good will come of it.

:)

Falling+down+you+were+the+hero+to+me_820e1b_4456590.gif

Commentator plus Lineker/Rio/Crouchy/Glenn in the studio... saying that things have finally clicked for Spurs and that will help take the pressure off Poch, as though Poch has been doing all the right things and has just been waiting for his luck to turn around.

Wrong. Fans have been crying out to ditch the contract rebels and play Ndombele and Lo Celso and RySess... yet against Liverpool we played the Ghost of Eriksen rather than those guys... fans have been crying out for earlier subs rather than waiting 101 minutes to take off the Ghost of Eriksen against Everton... finally we get our wish and we destroy Red Star. Apparently Liverpool, Napoli and PSG could not win at Red Star, yet we did. Suddenly. Who would have thought?!

Mind you, we destroyed Red Star at home, and Poch promptly dropped half the team to bring in the contract rebels. So I expect the same this weekend.

Apparently Poch hasn't kept the same team since Feb 2018 which is 93 matches, so EXPECT changes!!

Commentator plus Lineker/Rio/Crouchy/Glenn in the studio... saying that things have finally clicked for Spurs and that will help take the pressure off Poch, as though Poch has been doing all the right things and has just been waiting for his luck to turn around.

Wrong. Fans have been crying out to ditch the contract rebels and play Ndombele and Lo Celso and RySess... yet against Liverpool we played the Ghost of Eriksen rather than those guys... fans have been crying out for earlier subs rather than waiting 101 minutes to take off the Ghost of Eriksen against Everton... finally we get our wish and we destroy Red Star. Apparently Liverpool, Napoli and PSG could not win at Red Star, yet we did. Suddenly. Who would have thought?!

Mind you, we destroyed Red Star at home, and Poch promptly dropped half the team to bring in the contract rebels. So I expect the same this weekend.

Apparently Poch hasn't kept the same team since Feb 2018 which is 93 matches, so EXPECT changes!!

yes, tonight can only be judged in context after the next few games

And so we enter the next phase of the debate. I’m looking forward to when we hit a good run of form, and it being ‘well we would have had this good run of form sooner if the manager just did what I wanted him to do.’ Never mind the long term considerations of anything he was doing in the first place.

he also left Winks at home - fully committed, non contract rebel Winks. Maybe leaving him out was just as effective as leaving out Eriksen? He also played Rose, transfer listed Rose, who assisted a great goal. Maybe there are different things going on, different considerations to be made?

I’m all for different opinions, but I feel like people are so keen to prove their idea of what is right and what should be happening correct, which I just find an interesting position to take with certainty when we don’t have all of the information. I think it’s fine to argue that if we did different things we maybe could have gotten better short term results, but Poch has clearly been doing a lot of what he has been doing for the longer term.

And so we enter the next phase of the debate. I’m looking forward to when we hit a good run of form, and it being ‘well we would have had this good run of form sooner if the manager just did what I wanted him to do.’ Never mind the long term considerations of anything he was doing in the first place.

he also left Winks at home - fully committed, non contract rebel Winks. Maybe leaving him out was just as effective as leaving out Eriksen? He also played Rose, transfer listed Rose, who assisted a great goal. Maybe there are different things going on, different considerations to be made?

I’m all for different opinions, but I feel like people are so keen to prove their idea of what is right and what should be happening correct, which I just find an interesting position to take with certainty when we don’t have all of the information. I think it’s fine to argue that if we did different things we maybe could have gotten better short term results, but Poch has clearly been doing a lot of what he has been doing for the longer term.

I'm not looking forward to it. More useless film-flam!!! But your point is crystal clear.

Your second bold-point is (IMO) excellently articulated. If I swallowed one less helmet pill I'd like to think I could've written that!!! :)

Mate, I'll take a good run of form at the cost of any stick/debate/whatever ..

But the test comes on the week-end, and again I'd argue we need to see players rewarded for such a result, if it's back to changing 3 to 5 players for no other reason than rotation you risk everything.

Still confused at 4-0 up we left N'dombele on for another 90 when he seems our most important midfielder.

Back