• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

So if you're West Ham to my Emirates Marketing Project, does that make @nayimfromthehalfwayline Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

That's a little harsh.
A fake lawn in your garden suggests a little (and I mean little) bit of money but a distinct lack of class.... Does that make you Wigan?

Nayim?.... I think he got something right, once, a long while ago, but continuous rubbish since..... Coventry perhaps?

I'm clearly a division above you. ;)

Problem is the not bringing in players in is a myth as well.

Since Walker we have got Gazza (could be off on that one), Sanchez (record signing), Foyth, Aurier, Lucas, we used the academy for Winks, Skipp, KWP and now we have added Sessegnon, Clarke, N'dombele (record signing), Lo Celso

If Poch had been able to coach/integrate Sanchez, Aurier, Lucas and one of the academy players in, that would have been 4 new players in, with likely 2 or 3 more this season, so more than a 50% turnover. But everyone on this board is pretending we didn't buy anyone for 3 years .. just not true.

And that's if you again conveniently ignore people very close to the club who have insisted Poch was offered players he didn't take.

Since Walker we have got Gazza (could be off on that one), Sanchez (record signing), Foyth, Aurier, Lucas, we used the academy for Winks, Skipp, KWP and now we have added Sessegnon, Clarke, N'dombele (record signing), Lo Celso

If Poch had been able to coach/integrate Sanchez, Aurier, Lucas and one of the academy players in, that would have been 4 new players in, with likely 2 or 3 more this season, so more than a 50% turnover. But everyone on this board is pretending we didn't buy anyone for 3 years .. just not true.

And that's if you again conveniently ignore people very close to the club who have insisted Poch was offered players he didn't take.
All of that is 100% right

You're taking my statement that we haven't signed anyone to improve the first team since the summer of Alderweireld and Son and misinterpreting it to mean we haven't signed anyone at all - this summers activity is the beginning of us revamping the squad with the correct level of player, the level of signing that begins to put us on even ground with the teams we want to compete with, clear first choice signings of the manager who no doubt fit in to how he wants us to play. Of the players you've listed prior to this summer no one, with a straight face, can say that they've improved our team - they just haven't and you can make the argument that it's the managers fault that those players haven't improved the team but i think we all know that is rather disingenuous.

Last edited:
You're taking my statement that we haven't signed anyone to improve the first team since the summer of Alderweireld and Son and misinterpreting it to mean we haven't signed anyone at all - this summers activity is the beginning of us revamping the squad with the correct level of player, the level of signing that begins to put us on even ground with the teams we want to compete with, clear first choice signings of the manager who no doubt fit in to how he wants us to play. Of the players you've listed prior to this summer no one, with a straight face, can say that they've improved our team - they just haven't and you can make the argument that it's the managers fault that those players haven't improved the team but i think we all know that is rather disingenuous.

Why? a player failing to make the grade is not unusual, EVERY player since Toby & Son? maybe the manager needs to take some blame.

Sanchez, Lucas, Foyth, Aurier and the host of academy players in that time were not without talent, Poch has to own that ..

Why? a player failing to make the grade is not unusual, EVERY player since Toby & Son? maybe the manager needs to take some blame.

Sanchez, Lucas, Foyth, Aurier and the host of academy players in that time were not without talent, Poch has to own that ..

Players bought that are not first choice signings because you are balancing the books failing to make the grade is not unusual - youth products not making the grade is not unusual, eventually such tactics in the market run aground.

Last edited:
Players bought that are not first choice signings because you are balancing the books failing to make the grade is not unusual - youth products not making the grade us not unusual ' eventually such tactics in the market run aground.

Agreed on some scale, but a 0% success rate?

Lets look at his work at CB
- Sanchez was absolutely bought to be first choice (record signing)
- Foyth was bought as promise
- Dier has the tools
- Tangaga has looked more solid than almost anyone
- Davies can play there

He has had more than 2 years with all of them now and yet we are still dependent on Toby/Jan? (and the narrative is poor Poch, he only has two "old" CBs who's legs are gone)

Fact is Poch has been a miserable failure at changing the lineup and his flimflam about needing 2 years with new players shows he has no fudging clue how to change it either

MAUR TO GIVE
Bayern Munich want Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino to replace under-fire Niko Kovac
GOSSIP
  • 30 Oct 2019, 18:57
BAYERN MUNICH are eyeing Mauricio Pochettino as a replacement for Niko Kovac, according to reports.

Poch's long-term future in north London has been called into question following Tottenham's shaky start to the season.

According to Sport1, the Argentine tactician has caught the interest of the Bundesliga giants.

Pochettino admitted for the first time his job is under threat - but insisted he will not go grey worrying about.

Spurs are eight points adrift of the top four after picking up just 12 points from their first 10 league games.

But the squad showed their support for the under-fire boss by treating him to a slap-up meal in Mayfair this week.

And Dele Alli has claimed the team are "1,000 per cent" behind the 47-year-old.

Despite the poor form of late, the Tottenham boss has been widely praised for his work with Spurs since he joined in 2014.

And that has made him a worthy contender to replace struggling Kovac in Germany.

Despite leading Bayern to the Bundesliga title last season, the 48-year-old's position has come under scrutiny this season.

Former RB Leipzig boss Ralf Rangnick has also been linked to the job.

Honestly I still think the guy is burned out, and that if/when he leaves us - he is going to need to take a time out

MAUR TO GIVE
Bayern Munich want Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino to replace under-fire Niko Kovac
GOSSIP
  • 30 Oct 2019, 18:57
BAYERN MUNICH are eyeing Mauricio Pochettino as a replacement for Niko Kovac, according to reports.

Poch's long-term future in north London has been called into question following Tottenham's shaky start to the season.

According to Sport1, the Argentine tactician has caught the interest of the Bundesliga giants.

Pochettino admitted for the first time his job is under threat - but insisted he will not go grey worrying about.

Spurs are eight points adrift of the top four after picking up just 12 points from their first 10 league games.

But the squad showed their support for the under-fire boss by treating him to a slap-up meal in Mayfair this week.

And Dele Alli has claimed the team are "1,000 per cent" behind the 47-year-old.

Despite the poor form of late, the Tottenham boss has been widely praised for his work with Spurs since he joined in 2014.

And that has made him a worthy contender to replace struggling Kovac in Germany.

Despite leading Bayern to the Bundesliga title last season, the 48-year-old's position has come under scrutiny this season.

Former RB Leipzig boss Ralf Rangnick has also been linked to the job.

Honestly I still think the guy is burned out, and that if/when he leaves us - he is going to need to take a time out

Let him go, that way we can recover this season, him his career and his fanboys can remember him before he drags us any further down.

Let him go, that way we can recover this season, him his career and his fanboys can remember him before he drags us any further down.

I wonder how many will switch to being Bundesliga fans? ;)

My point was more though - as much of an opportunity Bayern might be - I dont think jumping into another job will do Poch any good at all.

I really think he needs to retreat to his house in Madrid for a few months for some R&R. Not take on a new club/league/language right after Spurs.

As to whether they poached him or not, I dont think Id mind to be honest.

Excellent points. I would further add that Poch has an iffy record of improving players as well. Many of the new signings have been a total disappointment and show no sign of the supposed magic Poch effect. Furthermore some key talented players while showing signs of early promise, have clearly regressed ( eg Sanchez, Rose, Wanyama, Dier and even Dele). That begs the question - are Poch’s methods really all they are cracked up to be ?

Agreed on some scale, but a 0% success rate?

Lets look at his work at CB
- Sanchez was absolutely bought to be first choice (record signing)
- Foyth was bought as promise
- Dier has the tools
- Tangaga has looked more solid than almost anyone
- Davies can play there

He has had more than 2 years with all of them now and yet we are still dependent on Toby/Jan? (and the narrative is poor Poch, he only has two "old" CBs who's legs are gone)

Fact is Poch has been a miserable failure at changing the lineup and his flimflam about needing 2 years with new players shows he has no fudging clue how to change it either

It's not 0% is it? Moura is a good squad option and Sanchez will likely end up first choice CB from this season forward, Winks is developing in to a good squad player, which is good for an academy player, and Foyth is still a prospect at this stage.

Asides from Sanchez i don't think any were ever likely to threaten the first team and were essentially punts - them not becoming first team players is not really a failure and if that is where do you draw the line between a manager not working with the player vs the player not being good enough?

The ones that work out are Poch buys, the other ones are Levy bargain basement buys forced on Poch, the poor sod. He has it so hard, you know?

Who's making that claim?

We've been balancing the books out of necessity these last few years - if you don't think we've been making compromises in the transfer market because of that then i don't really know what to say

Back