• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I feel what you've stated here is correct ...Players such as Toby, Jan, Eriksen, and I'd throw in Rose - all feel that they have not been rewarded for their contributions to the top four finishes which have contributed to the financial gains made by the club..

By all accounts, they have seen new players come into the club being paid higher wages - players such as Sissoko and Aurier on higher wages than Eriksen and Rose, respectively.

Players also talk to players at other clubs, and for all the disparaging by some of our fans of other clubs - players at the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Everton & Wolves are earning more than some of our players in their respective positions...

Sure, nany of Poch's current woes are on him but as far as I'm concerned, Levy is not entirely blameless here.

They were all offered new improved contracts, Eriksen was being made one of the top three earners at the club.

Toby was reintroduced with some success, Eriksen has been reintroduced and tbh honest has been an empty shirt.

You mean the one we fluked and then not turned up in? We shouldn’t have even got out of the group.
Liverpool shouldn't have got out of the group either. brick away form and one brilliant Allison save from going out. Be careful how you measure things. or at least be fair...

No you don't ....you keep belittling it.

And for him to take us further he'd have to finish 1st in the premier League (we've done 2nd) and win the CL (we've done runner up) ...let's hope the new guy likes those expectations.

Excellent point. People have short memories. Shorter than ever these days...

Dear Lord.
May we ask kindly for your thoughts and prayers for our lost child. For he is the one that is trying to walk amongst bushes and trees when his eyes are blinded by his own virtues. The trees are his own build yet he blames it on the farmers crops that have already been sewn.
Lord, hear our prayers.
Amen

I haven't read the last 10 pages of this thread, but I love Poch and he has my backing. He's done enough for this club to get a little latitude in these rough times.
He deserves some latitude for his attitude, but I'm lying here agape, longin' for his longitude

I love Poch and appreciate what he is done but he has clearly taken us as far as he can.
It’s fine lines, such fine lines. When that second goal against Leicester went in we was second in The league and I’m confident we would have gone on to score more in that game. Would we be having this conversation had that been the case regardless of the Colchester game? Yes we havent been out our best but we’ve been handed the hardest first 6 fixtures of anyone and are still within three points of third. New players need to be integrated still, this isn’t even Pochs ideal team playing yet. It’s SO early in the season, let’s see where we are at the half way stage when the fixtures have evened out - Last years form is irrelevant, as it is for every team. New teams, new players, new circumstances. I reckon Poch will pull this team together, but even if I’m wrong I’m happy to give him some proper time to find out.....

Perhaps after the squad burn out/injuries etc that seemed to be mounting after 4 years of the previous style it lead him to rethink how we should play, maybe 4 years of being nearly-men made him look for another approach? Can only guess the reasons why but it seems evident that there was a concious decision to depart from the high pressing game that we saw up to the beginning of last season - so abandonning such a tactical shift and reverting back to the previous style (therefore admitting failure of the new ideas) isn't something id expect to see happen at the drop of a hat - though the Palace game recently might have been a step towards that, but really i think Pochettino is someone who will give things more time than most to prove whether it works or not, be that tactical or player selections as we saw with the likes of Adebayor & co in his first season and Mason/Bentaleb thereafter

My reading of last season was all about getting the best of a bad situation, not some tactical evolution.

Sissoko was floundering in the 4231, the diamond suited him much better. And as he was the only reliably fit midfielder we had it was about making the most of his attributes.

I genuinely thought (and think) last season was simply a "needs must" situation, it was dealing with compromise after compromise and just limping through.

Ive never considered it to be by design, and at the moment I still dont buy it.

I haven't read the last 10 pages of this thread, but I love Poch and he has my backing. He's done enough for this club to get a little latitude in these rough times.

The backing thing, for me, cant be blind faith. I want to see things moving in the right direction, even if results arent there to follow. But I want to see there is a plan, a point to aim for. Otherwise we might just be blindly backing a manager spiralling and taking our season with him.

I dont think theres an appropriate thread for these, so Ill stick them here:

The Mirror
Real Madrid want Christian Eriksen to sign pre-contract agreement - then move for Mauricio Pochettino
Eriksen is in the final year of his contract while Pochettino continues to be linked with an exit from Spurs

Real Madrid want Christian Eriksen to sign a pre-contract in January - and are then ready to follow up with a move for Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham midfielder Eriksen is into the final year of his contract and has rejected a new deal worth £200,000-a-week as he waits for Real Madrid to make their move.

But Real Madrid are ready to wait until January, get Eriksen signed up and then get him for free next summer.

That will only add to Pochettino’s frustrations because the current uncertainty over the Denmark midfielder’s future will drag on.

The Spanish giants have also made Pochettino their No.1 target to replace Zinedine Zidane with the Real Madrid boss already under pressure despite their solid start in La Liga.

Real Madrid were alarmed by the Champions League defeat to Paris Saint Germain and if they decide to get rid of Zidane then they will move for Pochettino.

Pochettino’s own frustrations are giving Real Madrid further encouragement they would be able to get their man even though he is under contract until 2023 on £8.5m-a-year.

In the wake of Tuesday’s humbling Carabao Cup defeat to League Two Colchester Pochettino spoke out about the “different agendas” in the squad.

It is understood the Spurs boss was referring to events during an uncertain summer, where the futures of Eriksen along with Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose and Toby Alderweireld were in doubt, and the need to rebuild team spirit.

But all of those players remain at the club and their poor start to the campaign suggests dressing room harmony is still not all it should be.

Asked if January was an opportunity to “fix the squad”, Pochettino agreed. But he is not expecting to do major business while the club is highly unlikely to sanction a spending spree just to appease the manager.

The Sun
ALL IN
Max Allegri ready to take Tottenham job as club chiefs fear Pochettino plans to quit amid worrying slump

MAX ALLEGRI is waiting in the wings if Mauricio Pochettino walks away from Tottenham.

Fears are growing inside Spurs that Poch is preparing to quit after five years at White Hart Lane.

Allegri, who is taking a year out after leaving Juventus last summer, is weighing up his next challenge.

The ex-Juve coach won five Serie A titles in Turin but was beaten twice in the Champions League final.

He is taking a break from the sport but would put himself in the running for the job if Pochettino quits the new White Hart Lane stadium.

Brendan Rodgers also has his admirers if Pochettino ultimately decides he needs a fresh challenge.

The highly-regarded Argentinian coach admitted to cracks in the dressing room after they were beaten by League Two Colchester in the Carabao Cup.

Pochettino established Tottenham’s stylish football, but the draw at Olympiacos, defeat at Leicester and the shootout loss at lowly Colchester has piled the pressure on.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who gave Poch a new £8.5million-a-year contract at the start of last season, is backing his man.

He does not want to lose the Spurs head coach and is willing to help him through the first serious set of patchy results of his career in north London.

Poch admitted last season he was ready to quit if the club went on to beat Liverpool in the Champions League final.

Levy backed his man in the transfer market by signing Tanguy Ndombele for a club record fee and also brought in left back Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham for £22m.

Despite the financial support, Spurs have struggled to maintain their standards during a frustrating start to the season.

You mean the one we fluked and then not turned up in? We shouldn’t have even got out of the group.

Define ‘shouldn’t’. I believe group progression is is decided on most points, then one of goal difference, or head to head. Think we were good for 2nd and the rules dictate top 2 go through.

Some people seem to think if u get your points in the latter games they’re lucky.

Not to mention the fact that we were pretty unlucky not to beat Inter or PSV away, and in the Barca home game we were missing 3 of our best players and still have a good account.

Dortmund 4-0 doesn’t feel lucky.
City, an element of luck but they scored an offside goal.
Ajax - we played them without our best goalscorer and still prevailed.

Back