• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matchday questionnaire for Love Everton Forum

1. How have you found the season so far?
The wins we are racking up are great but our performances are frustrating and we always seem to struggle in getting that goal

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer?
He was always going to leave this summer or next, good luck to the lad

3. What relationship do your fans have with your manager?
Overall we have a lot of time for him and what he is trying to do, we would just like to see a more sexy game being played than currently. Saying that we have had a huge turnaround in players over the summer and it will take time to gel

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this?
I would suggest that Bale, Lennon, Townsend, Dawson, Walker, Kaboul and Rose would suggest otherwise

5. What if any were your thoughts upon Moyes leaving and Roberto arriving?
Moyes did a fantastic job for you, but with Roberto you have a very good manager that will have you playing great attcking football. If he can keep Moyes hard to beat attitude at the same time you will go far

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football?
I like your club, traditional, similar morals to ours and a great histroy.... its clubs such as city and chelsea and recently liverpool that I have taken a disliking to

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating?
As far as where we end up in may it is far to early to say, but our lack of goals worries me that we will come away empty handed

8. Final score on the day?
a hard earned point with us trying to hit you on the break 1.1

I think it's hugely encouraging that we are where we are despite generally not having played anywhere near the potential of this team and squad. Only in a couple of games have we reached a level close to our best. And teams like Woolwich Arsenal and Liverpool have been seemingly lauded for their play, yet we're ver much in touching distance. So overall, I'm pleased, and confident there is a LOT more to come.

2. what thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer?
Deal of the century from Levy's perspective - shows why he's best chairman in the league. Sad to see a great player, and our best player, leave, obviously... selling our best players is generally not a stance I agree with. But for that money? Can't turn it down. As for Bale - I have no hard feelings and wish him the best in Madrid, hope he succeeds.

I think most of our fans like him, but there is a number who are on the fence with him. He was my first choice so I was delighted with the appointment, i love his style and his conduct in the media, and most importantly... I think he'll deliver what we want.

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this?
As quite a few other posters have commented on - I don't agree with this... not sure where it came from? Sure we've had some flops, but show me a club that hasn't. And we've had a number of successes... Danny Rose and Andros Townsend to name a couple. And most significantly, LEDLEY KING, who came through Spurs to be one of the most talented and best centrebacks in the country.

I think Everton got the better of that deal. Like Martinez, bold progressive manager with his own style, gets teams playing good attacking attractive football. I don't think Moyes is like this - wasn't a fan of Everton's football under Moyes.

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football?
I have a lot of respect for Everton. See them a lot like Spurs: historically big club, big fanbase, good history... and underachievers really based on all of that. Like Goodison Park in the way that I love WHL - old, famous, atmospheric ground. And most importantly, both teams have a c**t of a neighbour up the road who plays in red.

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating?
Always was confident going to Goodison when Moyes was manager. Now, it's a tad into the unknown. Think it'll be a good game. Mainly worried about Lukaku... if we had a fully fit Kaboul it might be different, as he's a big bad motherf**er with the arsenal to handle Lukaku's blend of touch, power and speed. If we can nullify him I'd be reasonably confident, as we're one of the best sides in the league away from home over last couple of years, our record is up there...

an open and entertaining 2-2.

1. How have you found the season so far? Frustrating, and that's purely because we can't turn domination into goals. But I'm also happy with winning games 1-0 which we would've lost 1-0 in previous seasons.

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer? Had to be done his head was turned by the media hype and we've improved the squad all round rather than being a "one man team"

3. What relationship do your fans have with your manager? Mixed, some love him some love to hate him

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this? Rubbish, what young talent failed to flourish. We've brought through the likes of Lennon, King, Bale and Walker and now we're seeing Townsend showing what he can do. How many other teams have that sort of record?

5. What if any were your thoughts upon Moyes leaving and Roberto arriving? Moyes leaving, the second best thing that could've happened to Everton. Martinez arriving, the best thing.

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football? I like Everton, it has always struck me as being a good family club run how clubs should be run.

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating? Important for boith teams if they have top 4 aspirations.

8. Final score on the day? A hard fought 1-1

1. How have you found the season so far? Boring. We havent played well at all really, but also im delighted at our current position and if Man utd had played like we have and were sitting 4th peopel would be crowing about them

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer? We got a massive, crazy amount of money for a top top player. No club would turn that fee down and I hope he is a huge success in spain

3. What relationship do your fans have with your manager? Somone said it earlier... Marmite

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this? Wrongly and someting ive never heard from anyone else. As many on here have said we have a better record of bringing through young talent than arguably anyone at the moment. Its no coincidence our younger sides are doing so well as they are being developed in the right way. You could flip this round and say why do Evertons youngsters come throgh so highly rated after achieving very little and then point at Rodwell - great business by the way. No club has an exceptional record for bringing through youngsters but were arguably better than most.

5. What if any were your thoughts upon Moyes leaving and Roberto arriving? Always liked Martinez but can also see what a good job Moyes has done over the years. martinez deserves hos chance and Moyes will not succeed at United as i personally dont think he will attract the calibre of players they need

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football? Your ground is awful and desperately needs investemnt. I worked on the Tesco development which would have been a massive help for Everton even if it wasnt at Stanley Park. I liked the club growing uo but now have a hatred for you as some of my best mates are everton fans (natural banter). Your football now is much better but traditionally its been very direct and not entertaining. id still swap tht for some of what were watching at the moment though :(

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating? every game is huge at the moment to avoid losing traction coming up to Christmas. Everton need to win to put down a marker for the season. We need a win to maintain a place in the top 4

8. Final score on the day? Could see a bire draw. The worse game ive ever seen was at Goodison a few years back. A 0-0 where neiether side had a shot on target the whole game. truelly awful but at least it meant the banter was tolerable when we returned home

minus west ham I think we have made a decent start....concerning performances I am less concerned by some as I believe we will improve and I expect us to function a lot better in the second half of the season......in overall terms I think this could be one of the most exciting epl seasons ever.

absolutely gutted we lost him......bit sour the way he left but we need to move on.......at least we showed ambition in mitigating the loss...time will tell if we spent wisely.

I am sold to the avb project....I cant help it and accept I could look like a fool if it all goes pete tong......I think other fans are mixed....personally I am excited at where we could be if he's still here in a few years......I cant help it....I dream of him leading us to glory.

4. spurs have a reputation as a graveyard for young talent?

hmmm are you referring to rickets...Bostock?????? I think we have had success and failure's like most clubs.....for *** for tats sake I could say Everton have a reputation for having impressive strikers who then fade to obscurity.......Johnson Yak and Jelavic spring to mind but you wont ruin Lukaku lol......he's too good.

Always liked Roberto.......think of him as classy however when he was at wigan and losing a few on the bounce if I was a fan his post match interviews would have grated with me..........is there any nastiness in him?????? Moyes did a decent job for you........I think Martinez will take you further even if budgets are tight......and you won the transfer window hands down with excellent business.....mainly lukaku.

proper proper club........beautiful atmosphere and old fashioned ground unfortunately out of date and inadequate if you want to compete in the future financially.......fans are decent and your style is better in the few months of Roberto compared to how many years of moyes...

very important fixture and im scared at what Lukaku could do to us.....will be a great game.....wish it was under the lights though....makes goodison better!

3-2 spurs Lamela comes on and dribbles through your defence to snatch a late winner..........In all honesty I would be happy with a point.....very tricky fixture.

At times our performances, particularly when attacking, have been a bit underwhelming. Our results have been good overall and we're bedding in a lot of new players. We're all hoping for the performances to pick up a bit too as we progress.

Getting over it. We got a lot of good players in for that money and we've adapted fairly well.

Opinions are somewhat divided, but my impression is that a rather large majority are in the positive or very positive camp. Personally I'm very hopeful that he will be the right man for us.

I think that's unfair. We've brought quite a few young players into our team in recent years. Walker, Bale and Sandro were all signed at 21 or considerably younger and and have become regulars at least. Townsend, Rose and Naughton have all become at the very least squad players. That's ignoring players like Holtby, Eriksen and Lamela as they've only been signed relatively recently although we're all expecting at least 1-2 of those to become regulars. Also ignoring players like Lennon and Kaboul as it's been a while since they broke through at a young age.

Another interesting point is that we've seen Townsend, Livermore and Caulker make their way through our academy from a very young age and become PL regulars. We're expecting Tom Carroll to do the same in the not too distant future. A lot of big clubs sign a lot of players in the 16-18 age range, but not that many produce players from their own academy.

Moyes to United baffled me, it really did. It might work out for him, but for me it was a big gamble by United. Martinez is highly rated around here, a lot of posters on here wanted him to replace Redknapp.

You're alright ;) Your style of football hasn't been great under Moyes, but you've been getting fairly consistent results at a solid level and doing so without using cheat codes. I was surprised that some of your fans were losing patience with Moyes before he left. I thought he performed above what could be expected with the situation you were in. I would be surprised and impressed if Martinez manages to push on and get a top 4 finish in the next 3 seasons. But I've been flat our wrong, never mind surprised and impressed, in the past.

It's an important game, like most games. For the season it's one of those where we can afford a loss in my book at least. Not much fear for me, I think it will be a fairly close game that can go either way. I think your style under Martinez will suit us better than a lot of our recent opponents.

I'll go for a 1-1 as a somewhat realistic guess.

Like watching paint dry for much of the time. We've had a very easy run of fixtures so far and are sitting in a false position in the table. Such a disappointment given the talent we've brought in.

Great player, but not worth anywhere near that amount. Our squad is much stronger with the players bought with that money.
I fear he'll be back in the EPL within a couple of seasons playing for one of our rivals.

Some like him, just as many don't. In my opinion he's far too negative for Spurs.

Bit unfair if you look back over the last few years, over the last 12 months I think it certainly become much harder for youngsters to break through.

An improvement, Everton are genuine top 4 contenders now that they are willing to take a risk or two.

Great club, always seem to do things the right way. There an integrity which is missing at many other top clubs.

Critical, it's the first of four much harder games (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Man C and Man U coming up). The way we're playing right now there should be a high fear factor.

I'd take a draw right now, got a feeling Everton will edge it.

Hello again ladies and gents.

I hope you are all healthy and happy and enjoying your football team. Would you please be kind enough to help us out once again with our match day questionnaire, and may I take this opportunity to wish you well for the season.

Thanks to all who make the effort to reply, and I'll add everything to our match day thread for our members to read.

Although we are a new site and fairly small, we welcome all away fans warmly, so feel free to pay us a visit.

All the best.

Love Everton Forum

www.loveevertonforum.com/forum

View attachment 1692

1. Happy with the results, rubbish football.

2. Wanted him to stay but once it became clear he wanted to leave then he we had no option but to sell.

3. I want him succeed but I'm honestly not as enamoured with him as some Spurs fans seem to be. Almost like they know he is going to succeed before it's actually happened and he's teflon to some. Tactically I'm unconvinced by him, but he's kept the good team spirit and togetherness going which we had from the previous manager.

4. We don't produce enough players, not as many as you do anyway.

5. I thought Moyes leaving was good for both parties, don't think he could have achieved much more at Everton and he never won the big games. Jury is still out on Martinez, but he's done well so far.

6. I like Everton, similar to us in terms of history and both have underachieved in the Premier League era. Never really like your style of play under Moyes though.

7. Very important. We threw 3 points away in the same fixture last season and the home game cost us CL football according to AVB. We used to turn you over regularly, now you've turned the tables on us. I would take a draw.

8. 1-1 but not confident.

In general - loving the fact it's open at the top. Happy not to see United/City/Chelsea running away with it, but would rather not see Arsenal/Liverpool (two clubs I resent for different reasons) in the mix. Nice that Southampton, us and you are there, would prefer to see the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Swansea up there too as opposed to anyone in red.

Was time to let him go, great move for the lad and good luck to him. I think he will struggle, too nice a guy with no mean streak and personally I don't think his game is that complex.... similarities to Owen and Macmanaman before him. Our chairman squeezed out more than his value and we've spent the money well.

Very good; he wouldn't have got away with his comments last week if that wasn't the case. He praised the fans for the following game, so played his hand well. If there is frustration at the moment its not being primarily directed at him. Popular assistant in Freund helps too!

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this? Not sure about the "young" bit, I think that's more relevant to Chelsea. But I think we have a bad habit of taking promising players from teams just a little behind us - Pienaar and Sigurosson the classic cases maybe - and letting them drift.

Thought you were handicapped on both counts but it looks like I'm wrong. Transfer window was a key factor in this, Moyes paying over the odds for Fellani, Martinez spending the money well (given the tight purse strings at Goodison I'd bet Fellani's deal is paying for some of those loans). Similar to our Bale deal I suppose, and Lukaku was the masterstroke. Moyes getting Everton ahead of Man United at last!

I relate the them as being alongside us, Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine as frustrated big clubs.... we feel like we have been pulling ahead Never been to the ground but would love to visit, similarities with WHL due to the architect and I think it would remind me of my first visits to foobtall back in the 80s. I do recall there being suspicion regarding Everton's transfer policy with regards to black players from then and I'm afraid to say its one thing, rightly or wrongly, I've always held against them

Maybe not as crucial as people make out, in that we are direct rivals but we've managed to keep ahead of you without doing well at Goodison recently. But an interesting barometer to the mentality of both sides.

1-1 and I would take that in a heartbeat

Cheers guys, all the best

Hard work to watch at times, but we are a much more compact and well drilled proposition than most fans have ever seen us before and that's quite nice to see.

Gutted to see him go but totally understand it. Brilliant player, will be as devastating in La Liga as Ronaldo in a couple of seasons.

Difficult. He's done almost nothing wrong but his style is contrary to what most of us are used to and that's taking some adjusting. Really though it's a matter of most of us pulling the stick out of our arses and realising a good thing while it's here.

Baffled by this. We've had a few flops admittedly but no more than any other club. When you consider the talent we have nurtured over the past few years it's fairly impressive; Walker, Lennon, Rose, Modric, Bale, Huddlestone, Caulker. The players that come along a drift of like Gio Dos Santos, Bentley, Postiga, tend of have pretty bad attitude problems that would've affected them at any club.

Think it was probably in Everton's best interest, Moyes is a good manager but not a lot more. I don't know if you guys were happy being persistently safe from relegation and usual European contenders but Everton is a big club and I think you're entitled to be a little more ambitious. I always found it odd how after being in the Champions League in 2005 you guys were so happy to drop back down to mediocrity.

Always had a lot of time for Everton. Bloody annoying that we know we're never going to get an easy game out of you but admire the club and it's traditions that echo Spurs in many ways. Also, can't stand Liverpool so your enemy's enemy and all that.

Eh too early to tell. Hope we get the win but everyone that goes to Goodison Park is going to have a tough game so would be content to get a point.

1-1

Well done the OP.

Great questions . I might answer them another time, not now.

I think we will win on Sunday. Lukaku won't score.

Once again, thanks.

I should point out that the graveyard question was in relation to players signing for Spurs and becoming surplus to requirements, as opposed to not producing your own young players.

You will have heard the old saying "Why sign for Spurs just to sit on the bench?" etc etc. At one time your midfield was probably bigger than our entire squad ha ha. :lol:

Once again, thanks.

I should point out that the graveyard question was in relation to players signing for Spurs and becoming surplus to requirements, as opposed to not producing your own young players.

You will have heard the old saying "Why sign for Spurs just to sit on the bench?" etc etc. At one time your midfield was probably bigger than our entire squad ha ha. :lol:

We have gone through different signing policies over the last 7-10 years (Levy era)

- In the beginning we were just garbage and had to build a whole new squad -> rise from mid table to Europa regulars
- We also had a mandate to look for better long term/resale value -> Young and British initially -> era of Lennon/Dawson/Carrick/etc.
- That moved to HR era which was more specific and included a few more veterans in needed places e.g. Wilson Palacios, Scott Parker
- We will always buy top end players regardless of if "needed" for right price, see VDV, Lloris

To understand Spurs buying as vs. any other non Sugar Daddy club, is to realize we have pushed hard to improve our league position with some success in a relatively short space of time. I'd argue for example Everton has been a Europa spot (best of rest contender) for a large part of the Moyes era, with no "real" (i.e. investment intention) ambition to be a CL club. Spurs had to go from true mid table mediocrity -> Europa regular -> CL spot challenger and are attempting to go to CL regular. quite simply we have outgrown players

Performance wise it's been rather ****e but happy with the amount of points we've picked up.

Wasn't that sad he left as we relied on him far too much. We managed to bring in some pretty talented players with the cash so it's not been too bad.

hmmm for the most part i think he's liked but he's got us playing some extremely boring football (at home)

Hmmm dunno really...don't really agree at all tbh.

I rate/rated Moyes highly and wanted him to take over from Arry. I also like martinez a lot and think he'll do well.

Very similar to us...i like Everton.

Not particularly important at this stage of the season although i would obviously prefer we won.

2-0 to you lot...maybe 2-1.

Hello again ladies and gents.

I hope you are all healthy and happy and enjoying your football team. Would you please be kind enough to help us out once again with our match day questionnaire, and may I take this opportunity to wish you well for the season.

Thanks to all who make the effort to reply, and I'll add everything to our match day thread for our members to read.

Although we are a new site and fairly small, we welcome all away fans warmly, so feel free to pay us a visit.

All the best.

Love Everton Forum

www.loveevertonforum.com/forum

View attachment 1692

1. Not the most entertaining season to watch so far but it has been nice to pick up the points.

2. Expected him to go next summer so a little sad about that. However, that's football and we got a huge amount of money, some good new players. Hopefully we both benefit from the deal.

3. Generally good I think. Most fans realise the overall good work he's done, even if he does sometimes make some weird decisions (who doesn't?)

4. I assume this refers back to the period of Parrett/ Bostock/ GDS et al, when we were buying up quite a few young 'talents' from the UK and abroad and quite a few didn't make it through. I think there was perhaps a tinge of truth back then, somewhere along the line these purchases didn't go right and it did feel like at the time that we had a larger failure rate than other clubs (though I also felt like we bought more of these kinds than other clubs). Now? I don't think its fair at all tbh, I think we've become very good at pushing young players through and either integrating them into the first team or making sure they fulfill their potential and are then moved onto a team at the appropriate level.

5. Found it a bit surprising that Man Utd went for Moyes, as good a job as he'd done for you. Martinez is a very interesting manager, think he'll be a good fit for Everton, plays very nice football. My only worry if I was an Everton fan is that his Wigan team consistently had a very poor defensive record. Their defending seemed poor both on a team basis and individually. I've heard that Baines is already looking a bit more exposed defensively this season. I wonder if this will continue? Will be interesting to see.

6. Really like Everton, always had good experiences with the fans. Stadium could do with a bit of renovation though...

7. Will be nice psychologically to be 2nd in the league if either of us wins but in the long run, not too much difference, there's a lot of time left in the league.

8. Don't tend to predict, there's not much point imo. 1-1 I'll go for though. Lukaku to beast our defence.

Thanks for all the support with the thread.

I thought today's game was a bit disappointing. Spurs played a blinder in the first 45 but we were our own worst enemy with sloppy passing and control. 2nd half was much better for us, but over all it was a bad game for both sets of fans as a spectacle. I'm not sure why the ref didn't give you a penalty, as it was clearly a foul, but he needs to be thrown into jail for not giving Everton one later in the game, as it was right in front of him. I was under the impression that if you make one mistake, you don't rectify it by ignoring something else. Spurs should really have been down to 10 after the elbow on Jagielka, and maybe he'll get retrospective punishment, as nobody wants to see that in a game, from either side.

A draw was probably a fair result, but doesn't help either side, other than suggest the inability to find a way to win is possibly the difference between our sides ever winning a league, as the top sides tend to find that little opening when it counts.

I hope your keeper is ok and also Romelu. I was surprised at the card shown to our player as it was clearly an accident.

I think Spurs remind me a bit of a Moyes Everton, in that they do everything well but score lol. Nice and solid team, but we've had better matches.

All the best for the rest of the season, and feel free to drop in for a chat.

Great bunch on here.

www.loveevertonforum.com

Thanks for all the support with the thread.

I thought today's game was a bit disappointing. Spurs played a blinder in the first 45 but we were our own worst enemy with sloppy passing and control. 2nd half was much better for us, but over all it was a bad game for both sets of fans as a spectacle. I'm not sure why the ref didn't give you a penalty, as it was clearly a foul, but he needs to be thrown into jail for not giving Everton one later in the game, as it was right in front of him. I was under the impression that if you make one mistake, you don't rectify it by ignoring something else. Spurs should really have been down to 10 after the elbow on Jagielka, and maybe he'll get retrospective punishment, as nobody wants to see that in a game, from either side.

A draw was probably a fair result, but doesn't help either side, other than suggest the inability to find a way to win is possibly the difference between our sides ever winning a league, as the top sides tend to find that little opening when it counts.

I hope your keeper is ok and also Romelu. I was surprised at the card shown to our player as it was clearly an accident.

I think Spurs remind me a bit of a Moyes Everton, in that they do everything well but score lol. Nice and solid team, but we've had better matches.

All the best for the rest of the season, and feel free to drop in for a chat.

Great bunch on here.

www.loveevertonforum.com

Clear cut yellow for me. I think he could have done a bit more to get away from it, but even if not he was about a second late into that duel. Had that been an outfield player making a clearance or tackle and Lukaku clattered into him like that no one would have argued about it being a yellow for being late. Just as late even thought it was a goalkeeper and quite obviously dangerous seeing the outcome.

What did you think about your own fans booing Lloris after that incident? Seemed way out of line to me. Lukaku had to come off with a knee injury resulting from him kneeing Hugo in the head, but Hugo gets the boos?

Anyway, best of luck to you until the next time we meet. Cheers for popping by :)

Clear cut yellow for me. I think he could have done a bit more to get away from it, but even if not he was about a second late into that duel. Had that been an outfield player making a clearance or tackle and Lukaku clattered into him like that no one would have argued about it being a yellow for being late. Just as late even thought it was a goalkeeper and quite obviously dangerous seeing the outcome.

What did you think about your own fans booing Lloris after that incident? Seemed way out of line to me. Lukaku had to come off with a knee injury resulting from him kneeing Hugo in the head, but Hugo gets the boos?

Anyway, best of luck to you until the next time we meet. Cheers for popping by :)

I have no time for boo boys mate unless it's banter etc. When a player is hurt the game has to stop, especially a head injury. I should point out that more clapped Lloris than booed though.

Speak soon.

I have no time for boo boys mate unless it's banter etc. When a player is hurt the game has to stop, especially a head injury. I should point out that more clapped Lloris than booed though.

Speak soon.

Got to say I thought Lukaku's behaviour was exemplary. He obviously felt terrible about the challenge, to my eye it was absolutely accidental VERY hard to get out of those when the keeper's as brave as Hugo, and he was very quick to look for a medic/check and make sure all was OK with Hugo.

Speaking of banter, '**** Bradley Wiggins' and Baines smiling and nodding (before receiving an honorary 'yiddo yiddo') was fantastic. THAT'S what football should be, smart humor and good spirits all round.

Back