• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matchday questionnaire for Love Everton Forum

LoveEvertonForum

Alton Thelwell
Hello again ladies and gents.

I hope you are all healthy and happy and enjoying your football team. Would you please be kind enough to help us out once again with our match day questionnaire, and may I take this opportunity to wish you well for the season.

1. How have you found the season so far?

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer?

3. What relationship do your fans have with your manager?

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this?

5. What if any were your thoughts upon Moyes leaving and Roberto arriving?

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football?

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating?

8. Final score on the day?

Thanks to all who make the effort to reply, and I'll add everything to our match day thread for our members to read.

Although we are a new site and fairly small, we welcome all away fans warmly, so feel free to pay us a visit.

All the best.

Love Everton Forum

www.loveevertonforum.com/forum

LE_zpsfebb7d62.jpg

1. As expected, quite happy overall, surprised that Chelsea and City are not out of sight already.
2. Who?
3. He's marmite at the minute, personally I love him.
4. A bit harsh, we've had as much success as most others.
5. Everyone's a winner, he's earned the right to be at United, you probably needed a change, Martinez deserved to step up and is an excellent manager.
6. I have a soft spot for Everton as I really really really ****ing hate Liverpool, your chairman appears to be an honest down to earth bloke, your managers likewise.
7. They are all worth 3 points, not as worrying as Chelsea/City/**** etc but definitely in the next tier.
8. I think we'll nick it by a goal, probably a Soldado penalty.

Last 31 home games:

BXwjliNCMAAxMjX.jpg

Will NOT be easy at the weekend.

1. Peculiar, performances haven't been amazing but we've made our best ever start to a season. I guess thats a good thing!

2. No player is worth that much and we were right to cash in and invest in the team.

3. Excellent, even after AVB bemoaned the fans on Sunday, he's 100% correct, atmosphere has been on a downhill slide for a few seasons now at the lane.

4. I'd say we've been as successful as others, theres always ones who make it and ones who don't.

5. Was suprised Moyes went to United, despite the ongoing rumours and Martinez is a great choice, I'm sure Everton fans are enjoying the more attacking football on show now.

6. Always had a soft spot for Everton, similar to Spurs in a way, being in the shadow of their red neighbours but slowly but surely rising up. Never been to the ground, but looks like a good old skool ground that gets rocking, not like the modern identikit bowls.

7. It will be a test, Goodison has brought us mixed fortunes over the years, but is somewhat of a fortress these days. But your style of play will hopefully help us play our game a bit better too.

8. Bit worried about this one, maybe a score draw at best for us, so I'll go with a fair 2-2 result, although if we can contain Lukaku we'll have a chance at all 3.

Results: Encouraging. Style: Frustrating.

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bale's transfer?
You can do a lot of team improving, with c£80m or at least you should be able to.

Good hopefully, although he is quite a reserved character.

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this?
I'm not aware of that reputation, or what it would be based on. We have quite a few young talented players.

Moyes has got a tough job. Be interesting to see what style of football you play under Roberto, and what difference that makes to consistency and performance.

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football?
Can't comment on the ground, but always thought Everton fans must feel like long suffering Spurs fans sometimes, supporting a club that has plenty of promise , but often underperforms.
And where your fiercest rivals often finish above you. As for style of football...will be good under Roberto -- especially if you hang on to Baines, Lukaku, Barkley etc.

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating?
Two sides still sorting themselves out.

A score draw.

PS What is it with Pienaar. He plays great for you, but pretty rubbish for us? For no obvious reason.

1. I've found the majority of games on TV this year to be on the dull side, teams aren't as expansive as they used to be and take fewer risks, Spurs in particular have been incredibly boring to watch. On the otherhand it seems the top 7 or 8 clubs are closer together than before so hopefully it makes for an interesting season.

2. Gutted he went, personally I hope he succeeds in Spain but I can understand why others would want him to fail. Too early to tell whether we've strengthened by selling him or not.

3. Some love him, some think he's a bit distant and boring. I'm kind of in the middle.

4. Think that's nonsense really, all seems to come from John Bostock not making it here whilst ignoring that Spurs have grown as a club by investing in/developing youth and selling on for a profit.

5. I thought you were upgrading. Moyes obviously did a good job with Everton but I never felt like he had you punching significantly above your weight. Martinez did end up being relegated but keeping Wigan up every year was always a difficult task. He had them playing good football though, he won a trophy, he won away to a couple of the "big" 4 sides - something Moyes couldn't do with a much better set of players. I was a little unsure of why he was bringing half of Wigan's squad with him to Everton but getting Barry and Lukaku has been a massive plus.

6. Good club, good ground, your fans appealing for every single decision gets a bit tiresome but at least you create an atmosphere. Style of football seems to improve season by season.

7. No more or less important than the other games, I am quite fearful though - mainly of Lukaku than anything else.

8. Under 1.5 goals is all I'll predict.

1. Happy about the points total, not so happy with the way we are playing.
2. No refunds! I wish him well out in Madrid, I'm just not sure he has the type of character to deal with all the pressures.
3. I can only speak for the people I know personally as Tottenham fans, but most aren't quite sold on him yet.
4. We've struggled to promote youth over the years but I wouldn't call it a graveyard. I guess we've had the money to purchase ready made players at the expense of our youth at times.
5. I don't think Moyes will manage expectation at Utd and he will be gone within 2 years. Martinez plays good football as long as he can plug his leaking defenses he'll do well for you.
6. I liken you to us in a way having a noisy neighbour who's recent success has bettered yours. I think your club conducts itself well, you seem to have a good academy and a willingness to promote youth. It is never easy for us to play at Goodison, but like us you need a new stadium.
7. Certainly over the Moyes era I've classed our fixture as a sticky tie and a potential banana skin away.
8. 1-1.

Nervous. We've had real problems braking our opponents down, with three 1-0 victories by way of a Soldado penalty a good example.
Best of luck to him. Hope we've spent the money wisely, too soon to tell.
Mixed feelings it seems. Our home support have been declining in recent years and I fully support the manager for calling our fans out. On the other hand, I can understand some of the negative fans as our attacking football has been poor this season. But we as fans have a responsibility to support our team no matter what.
Rightly. Under Redknapp we'd rather sign players at the end of their careers than give players at the start of their careers a decent chance. Now we have such depth in our squad that it seems very hard for youngsters to break through.
Thought Everton under Moyes was a bit boring at times, though he did well with limited resources. Martinez seems like a very good replacement who brings with him a more exciting style of football.
I like Everton as a club. Proper working class club. Best of luck to you this season, excluding the games against us of course.
Our goal is top 4, so every game is important if we're not to miss out again this season. Everton could be a rival for those top 4 spots, so this game is very important.
I'm pessimistic by nature, 2-1 to you lot.

Frustrating at times with some of the football we have played, but cant complain too much as we are picking up the wins

Disappointed he left, really thought he might give us one more season. I'm hoping it pans out we have spent the money wisely and end up being an improved team

Think the jury is still out with many, seems a 50/50 split

Not sure I would go that far. Certainly didnt work out for John Bostock, but in recent times we have seen some successes Walker,Naughton,Rose,Caulker,Townsend

Good move. Martinez was one of the managers I wanted to see at Spurs

Never had any problems with Everton fans. With living 'down the road' I know plenty. We seem to have the same problem. Tw#ts a few miles away who wear red. Parts of the ground need an upgrade...Lower Bullens

Certainly quite important as once again I feel we will both be battling for a CL/Europa spot. Dont fear us going to Goodison even though we didnt have a good record there of late

Lukaku v our defence holds the key. At the moment I fear he may be your matchwinner 2-1. My pessimism may have changed come Sunday morning though

I've personally been very satisfied given the summer.

He made a promise to stay (thus the commercial action you saw in the summer) Madrid tapped him up prior to Hong Kong and threatened, i was devastated and angry, but now…well, looks a bit like we robbed the bank to be honest. Wish he was still here WITH Soldado, although Townsend would not have developed, so all good!

I personally think he's excellent.

Not so sure about that…in recent years we've seen the likes of Lennon, Walker, Bale and Townsend nurtured via various methods and developed into internationals, with Tom Carroll sure to come good and Jake Livermore also returning at the end of the season…I think it's a bit unfair but depends on the initial definition I suppose.

I think Martinez is quality and I think Everton have the better of the situation.

I've always had a great time at Goodison, it's a great ground for atmosphere although sometimes you get a pretty bad view depending on where you are…the club? All good...

I think it's important that we do not lose, especially as we are getting stick from some of our own supporters despite being 3 points off the top!

1-1 or 1-2 to us…optimism rules!

1. Slightly frustrating, going to take a little time for the team to gel
2. Sorry he left us, but a good bit of business for the club and I hope he does well at Madrid
3. As he never played for Tottenham he will always be regarded as second rate by a lot of fans. I would say he has to win something before the majority take to him. We only love managers who do not have a clue about defending.
4. Strange question I can't think of many young talented players we have let go who have gone on to be stars.
5. I believe it's a great move for Everton, Moyes had gone as far as he could with you and Martinez will bring a more fluid game to the club.
6. Always has a lot of respect for Everton as a club that played good football, had a distant cousin play for you in 60's (Jimmy Gabriel) and worked for same company as John Connelly, nice bloke. You been punching way above your weight in last few years, based on the budget Moyes worked with. Only been to Goodison back in the 60's so can't comment, Loyal and good humoured, must be hard to have all those glory hunters in your city ever fortnight, got to be an improvement in style with new manager, hope it works out.
7. I think all games in the Premiership are hard, it's not Football Manager it's real life. If all your players aren't putting it in you will lose games. I don't fear us playing any team but I expect this to be a tight game as usual between us.
8. Be tight I think it could be a draw on a single goal game.

Good luck for the season

Interesting, strong possession based side, very difficult to beat, but the attack side of our game has not transitioned from around Bale, to our new players yet.

A very good player leaving is always a down, but hopefully we have re-invested well

Think he is respected, not yet quite loved, and dealing with a lot of expectation

Bale, Lennon, Dawson, Townsend, Caulker, Rose, Walker, and several other on the way (Carroll) kinda of contradicts it. That said, we have had several "next big things" that did not quite play out.

Think Moyes had hit his ceiling, and personally I think Manu is beyond him. Roberto is a good guy, just interested how consistent he can be, seemed to have great runs, without a great season.

Like ourselves, trying to challenge without a sugar daddy and financial doping. and without the victim mentality of your neighbors.

Tough game, likely to be close, all points count, our CL misses in last few years are generally 1-3 points. Realistically not the end of world for either team, but get a run going.

2-1 to either.

Only a few points off the top, and yet to really fire on more than 2 cylinders. We're still obviously a work in progress, but match for match we are in a better place than last season so far.

Who?

I like him, and I didn't take offence at his weekend comments. If he says that the crowd are getting to the players, then he was right to say it. Just wish he would be slightly less conservative withy his tactics and subs.

Bale? Rose? Walker? I think they are all doing quite well. Maybe a criticism that had an element of truth in it in the past, but we seem to be better at nurturing the talent better now, and we seem to have used loan spells very well. Watch out for Tom Carroll next year when he comes back to the Lane.

Meh! to Moyes.. lover what Roberto has done for you. Top manager who now has a good chance with a proper big club! Good luck to you for the season (unless you're playing Spurs!)

See answer above. Proper club, bit like Spurs really.. both have a healthy dislike of anything in red, not much recent success but passionate fabs, great ground, good manager, and some good players.

Worried to be honest... Lukaku was the signing of the window. He could make mincemeat of Daws I'm afraid.

I'll settle for a 1 all draw

All the best to you lot at the Love Everton Forum

It's been a good start, the loss against Arsenal aside. We still look like a new team sill trying to gel together but given the ammount of signings we've made that's to be expected.

I was gutted he left, he's by far the best player I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt in my 20 year life time. But at the same time I think we've imrpoved all over the pitch and Townsend is hitting form. If Townsend can keep it up and Sigurdson can keep it up then we've got two great replacments.

Some criticise him quite a bit but I think he's done a great job. He annoyed some fans by criticising the atmosphere at White Hart Lane but he's right to do so, the atmosphere has gone from being the best in the country by far in my opinion to now being medicore and I dislike that.

In some ways yes. But look at Gareth Bale. His career was transformed here from a defensivley unaware left back to a fantastic winger. Sol Campbell went from a medicore striker to a fantastic centre back. Ledley KIng's career was made here as well and he could've achieved so much more if it wasn't for a awful injury record. Townsend is starting to blosoom here. Many clubs sign players who for what ever reason don't fulfil their potential. But plenty have. If you take your chances and impress in training then you'll get a chance, if a player isn't doing that then that's just one of those things that happen in football.

I think Martinez will do a much better job than Moyes. When Moyes was linked with the Tottenham job after Ramos and after Redknapp I was VERY concerned. He isn't that great a manager and though he didn't have a great budget with you I still think he could've performed slightly better. Martinez though I rate highly and think that by getting rid of Moyes and gaining Martinez Everton are the real winners. I'm also sure Marinez would've been a much better choice for the United job.

You haven't been a major force in football for a while but I think that alongside us and perhaps Aston Villa us three are historically the three biggest teams after Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

I can't see you competing for top 4 just yet whilst we are. It's still an important fixture though as you're one of the more difficult teams outside those competing for top four. I am worried about the game as Lukaku is one hell of a loan signing (WHY DID CHELSEA LOAN HIM OUT?!?!) and our record against you is a bit 50-50. You always seem to cause us defeats which prove to cost us at the end of the season.

I don't make preidcitions and I think it will be too close to call anyway!

1. How have you found the season so far? So far, I'm happy with our position in the league but frustrated that our performances often feel stifled. I think we're struggling to beat a team that has elected not to 'park the bus' as we're struggling to find that cutting edge. I think that will come, there's been glimpses of excitement so far and I know that each of the players that we have signed has something to contribute to the success of the team. Plus, we've not really found our feet in terms of performances and yet we're 4th, can't be a bad thing. Means that when we really get going, we should be right up there in the mix.

2. What thoughts do you have in relation to Gareth Bales transfer? Frustrated at Bale for the way that he acted throughout the deal but more disgusted by the apparent behaviour of Real Madrid who seemed to have no regard for our club. I thought that tapping up was illegal and yet the number of Real Madrid players that came forward and said how happy they would be for Bale to join the club appeared to be a very much side step stance to get to Bale. I kept wanting Bale to stay but it was sadly only a matter of time. I was disappointed in Bale for not playing for us at the start of the season. If he really was injured, then I can understand this but question marks have been raised over the authenticity of these injuries. In the end, we secured a good price and have bought players who look like they can deliver over the longer term so perhaps it can work out well for all parties concerned.

3. What relationship do your fans have with your manager? I think he is quite popular with the fans. I think that his statement about the backing that the fans give the players was controversial but needed to be said. We, as a crowd, can be louder and need to find the atmosphere that we used to have again. He does have to get the team playing 'sexy' football before he can be really loved by the crowd though. We can't accept just good results, we appear to want the displays alongside them too.

4. Spurs have a reputation as being a bit of a graveyard for young talent, rightly or wrongly. How would you respond to this? At the moment I couldn't say that I agree with the comment. In terms of youth development, obviously Townsend has come to the fore this season. His play has been exciting, his confidence to run at players lighting up what can otherwise be grey performances. Other than that, I would say that Harry Kane appears to be growing in ability and confidence. Plus, Kyle Walker has been with us since the age of 18 and is a first team regular now at the age of 23, and has just been offered a new contract. So, whilst our youth development hasn't always been great, as a club we appear to be happy to sign young players and keep with them and have developed a few of our own over time.

5. What if any were your thoughts upon Moyes leaving and Roberto arriving? I was interested to see how Moyes performed at Manchester United but had doubts that he was the right choice. I think Everton made the perfect appointment. Martinez likes to manage teams who play good football and so far this season, Everton have been a breath of fresh air with positive displays and securing strong results. I think you've done well to bring him in.

6. What are your thoughts on Everton as a club, our ground, our fan base, and our style of football? I like Everton. I think alongside Aston Villa, and Southampton, those are the only Premiership teams that I really have an affinity with. Swansea perhaps could be added to that too. I think there is something comparable between Tottenham and Everton, both clubs having recently lived in the shadow of their derby rivals. Both clubs are now really starting to push their rivals and we're both hoping that there can be a swing in fortune soon. The style of football has improved this season under Martinez, as commented upon above, and I like seeing Everton play. I appreciate Everton fans, especially as I know that the real fans in Liverpool support Everton. I've met a lot of Everton fans and never been offended by one.

7. How do you view this fixture in terms of importance for the season and it's fear factor rating? I'm a bit anxious going in to this game. I believe that Everton are on form at the moment, whilst our performances haven't always been impressive. I think it's an important game as at the moment there's a closely knit group of clubs at the top of the table and no team will want to fall too far behind. I think over the course of the season it won't be one of the most important, as the game will become just one game in 38, but right now it's important for momentum and for current standings.

8. Final score on the day? I think this will be a draw with 2-2 a likely scoreline. The game will be more open than we're used to, as Everton like playing football. I think Lukaku will be a handful for our defence but I think we'll be capable of scoring if your side aren't water tight at the back and I'm expecting Soldado to get one.

Its been a mixed bag so far. Expected I guess, given the number of new players we have had to integrate into the squad. We look worse up front without Bale though, and I think that is the critical issue right now.

Inevitable due to the different scale of economics between the two clubs. In the end Bale went for megabucks so it was a win-win. And look at how Townsend has blossomed in his absence.

Mutual respect I guess, from the media interviews and the online feedback. Until AVB wins us some silverware i don't think we're ready for hero-worship yet

Its true we tend to churn our players, but in a good way - our books are well balanced and one of the best in the league. on the other hand look at the number of players who has come through the club - carrick, berbatov, modric, bale - says something about the type of football we play and the opportunities that players get joining a club like spurs

thought moyes was perfect for everton and got the club and team management down to a science. but change is good, martinez is capable of snazzier football, so its a distinct change and whether the whole thing pays out remains to be seen. during moyes tenure, everton did turn out a lot of good young players though.

good club that plays fast and physical football at an unrelenting pace. nice grounds, decent fans with some really passionate ones in the stands. Amazingly i've seen more everton supporters than spurs fans in the far east.

Every fixture of for spurs this season defining moment for the team as most of the players are new. Honestly I don't know what to expect with spurs capable of dominating for long spells, but the lack of bite upfront always gives the other team a look in and a chance to steal a win (see west ham's double fluke goals few weeks back)

3-0 to the might spurs: soldado-soldado-soldado (we finally click up front!)

Back