• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Swansea (poll added to opening post)

which part of it? Livermore assets are that he's a physical beast and has a great work-rate but he doesnt have the core skills needed to play in the top half of the PL (and I know that you're now going to cite the goal he scored against us!). Hull is a good club for him and about the right level for his abilities - they'll bob around between lower reaches of the PL and half of the championship. Bruce is also a good manager for him

Livermore can pass, and as he's shown with Hull he is more forward thinking than he was ever allowed to be with us. He's comfortable on the ball and I always rated him - not just now he's gone. I would have imagined him fitting in quite well with Poch's ethos, but can happily disagree on this one...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

This is a match ratings thread. Not a carry over arguments from the OMT thread. Please will everyone calm it down a bit and treat each other with a little more respect.

Lloris 7 - got in the way when it mattered most, good distribution too for once

Walker 6 - good to see him back, he adds steel to our defence, even so there were several dodgy moments today, probably down to rustiness, when he pushed his luck and got away with it

Fazio 5 - how he was not punished more severely for allowing Bony to get gooalside of him so often I'll never know. He did have some good moments too, tbf

Vertonghen 6 - better late than never in coming to Fazio's rescue on occasion. Needs to eliminate his increasing tendency to hesitate when bringing the ball out of defence because it invites unnecessary pressure around our box

Davies 6 - shocked that so many made him our MotM! Yes there was that brilliant last gasp tackle midway through the first half to rob Bony at the death, plus a fair bit of tidy work throughout, but on the flipside he allowed Routledge second half acres of space to wreak havoc down the left time and it was only through sheer good fortune we were not made to pay dearly

Mason 5 - his poorest game to date, looks in need of a well-earned rest

Bentaleb 6 - some delightful touches, especially that Cruyff turn early on, but not nearly influential enough overall

Lamela 5 - lost count of the number of times he yielded possession unnecessarily but at least he put in a shift, grafting back to win it back on occasion

Eriksen 7 - looked too lightweight for long spells but more than made up for this with occasional dazzling cameos, including the perfect corner for Kane's goal and his own match-winner at the end

KANE 8 - looked class almost every time he touched the ball, a real joy to watch and a great headed goal. Could even have had a hat-trick on another day. And no, that was not simulation, he stubbed his foot and lost balance after being nudged and clipped on the leg. Spurs MotM

Soldado 4 - every bit as bad as Kane was good. The number of times he needlessly fluffed possession was nothing short of criminal.

Subs

Dembele 7 - some excellent work down the flank to open up their defence plus an assist for Eriksen's goal

Stambouli 6 - solid

Chadli 5

Coach

Poch 7 - correct subs, although imo Lamela should have been replaced by Chadli much earlier

I agree that Sandro is better than Capoue, Dembele or Stambouli but I dont think thats the reason he was sold. Saying he's better than some sh1te DMs isnt saying much!!! The last 18 months Sandro has looked like injuries have caught up with him in teh same way that they did for Ledley and the same way which they have with Kaboul

Lamela is clearly strugling to adapt. Poch obviously thinks there's a top player in there so is worth giving him the game time in order that he adapts. He also did do well in Italy. Someone said earlier this week (I think in this thread) that Ronadlo was another similarly talented player from a slower league who came to the PL with a big price tag and potential and for the first couple years tried to do too much fancy stuff and struggled to adapt. that obviously doesnt mean that Lamela will become Ronaldo but it does show that sometimes you do need to give players time to settle and get used to the league

same could be said for nani and anderson....

Lloris - 8 - Important saves kept us in the game

Walker - 5 - Lacking a bit of sharpness, lost Bony a couple of times but did well generally against Montero
Fazio - 4 - Really struggled positionally, but made a few decent blocks
Vertonghen - 4 - As above
Davies - 7 - A really shrewd summer signing, did well at the back including the tackle of the season so far on Bony, then played an excellent pass to assist the winner

Lamela - 2 - Awful today. Like always he continually gives the ball away, and today he not only generated no end product but he was also lucky to not be sent off. He's being played in the wrong position, but this was still crap. You can tell he's trying really hard to win the ball back, but regardless, we need to see more creativity from our wingers.
Bentaleb - 6 - A young Carrick, good on the ball but unspectacular
Mason - 5 - Probably his worst game for us. Nothing really came off and he was rightfully substituted
Eriksen - 7 - A relatively quiet game out wide, but a great delivery for the first goal and then scored a brilliant winner at the end

Soldado - 3 - Adebayor would have been torn to pieces for such an anonymous performance
Kane - 8 - Worked his *******s off and scored a well taken goal. Impressive.

Subs:

Dembele + Stambouli - 7 - We got better as these two came on and added a bit more steel to the midfield
Chadli - N/A

Poch - 6 - Last season Sherwood won his first couple of games in charge playing a 4-4-2, then made a brave decision to abandon his winning formula for Swansea away to get an extra man in midfield, which worked out well. Poch kind of tried that with Soldado and Kane playing deeper, but we were over run for big parts of the game. Our defence was all over the place at times, Bony was not tracked properly and should really have scored some of the chances he was given. From an attacking standpoint, we cannot play Lamela on the right wing any more, he offers nothing in this position and it is hurting the entire team. Having said all that, Poch made the correct substitutions at the right times, to add more steel to the midfield, to help us keep possession, and then once again, the superior fitness from his regime led to high pressing in the 90th minute which forced a mistake from Swansea that we scored from.

Good result today. But we need to play a lot better than this.

Re: Rating vs Swansea

Eriksen was invisible for 70 minutes.

Soldado was okay.

Walker looks fit as ever.

Fazio better than Vertonghen. Fazio made a couple of mistakes, but he was the one saving us on several occasions.

this it for me.

everyone was average, teamplay was poor, not helped by the downpour and the inconsistent pitch.

even messi struggles in a downpour and were barca were held to a goalless draw over the weekend - at least we won ours. and without messi :)

8 - Eriksen (he is an obvious MotM for me, because finally points rate is the decisive factor, but not the quality and brightness of our team/players' perfomance. Eriksen was the key to both of our goals + Kane should/could have scored after another great corner during 2nd half)

7.5 - Davies (overall great display, covered Vertonghen in one moment and blocked Bony's shot + provided Eriksen with a well-timed assist), Kane (was unlucky not to score a double or hat-trick; great work rate; happy to see how an academy player turned suddenly, in the space of two months, into one of our best players and leaders on the pitch)
7 - Lloris (solid, not his fault for their goal)
6.5 - Walker (happy to see him back), Bentaleb
6 - Dembele, Stambouli, Fazio (how can people give him 4 or 5? I don't get it. Yes, he wasn't faultless and lost position on a couple of occasions to Bony, but 3 or 4 times he blocked very dangerous shots plus he did some work for Vert and won several headers. We concede at least one goal nearly in all games this season and yesterday it wasn't one of the worst perfomances by our defence which I've seen during last weeks. To be fair we played even worse against Crystal Palace when we were really lucky not to concede)
5.5 - Vertonghen
5 - Mason, Lamela, Soldado (some of them could get even lower rating, but we won and so I don't want to be very critical and pessimistic)
n/a - Chadli

6.5 - Pochettino. Correct subs, but Lamela should have been benched or taken off much earlier.

Last edited:
The way we are set up to play the Centre Backs are left high and dry, even Superman and Batman would struggle.

'Davies 6 - shocked that so many made him our MotM! Yes there was that brilliant last gasp tackle midway through the first half to rob Bony at the death, plus a fair bit of tidy work throughout, but on the flipside he allowed Routledge second half acres of space to wreak havoc down the left time and it was only through sheer good fortune we were not made to pay dearly.'
If you had Eriksen infront of you not backing you or a pair of centre halfs,who can't cover then you bound to be left stranded........that tackle on Bony,has to be the best tackle of the season so far,remember Rose's attempt against liverpool last year,that was shambolic.,

'Davies 6 - shocked that so many made him our MotM! Yes there was that brilliant last gasp tackle midway through the first half to rob Bony at the death, plus a fair bit of tidy work throughout, but on the flipside he allowed Routledge second half acres of space to wreak havoc down the left time and it was only through sheer good fortune we were not made to pay dearly.'
If you had Eriksen infront of you not backing you or a pair of centre halfs,who can't cover then you bound to be left stranded........that tackle on Bony,has to be the best tackle of the season so far,remember Rose's attempt against liverpool last year,that was shambolic.,

I'm sorry but Eriksen's ineffectiveness cannot excuse the sheer extent of Davies' laxity. The sad truth is both he and Rose are all too often culpable of going awol, allowing their opposite number the freedom to run riot. Watch the move that led to Bony's goal again and you you will see just how much space Routledge was allowed, it was criminal. It's a shame because if only Ben could get that part of his game sorted then we'd have a serious full-back on our hands.

Back