• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Sheffield Utd - first leg

milo

Jack L. Jones
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ak4ERllXxYhviOf6_krG9SinM1eyS5___SdXs2l5Vgk/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Ratings v Sheffield Utd

Vorm - 5

Walker - 5
Dier - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Davies - 4

Stambouli - 7
Mason - 4

Townsend - 5
Kane - 6
Eriksen - 4

Adebayor - 4

Re: Ratings v Sheffield Utd

vorm - 6

walker - 4
dier - 6
vertonghen - 6
davies - 4

townsend - 6
stambouli - 7 (motm)
mason - 4
eriksen - 4

adebayor - 4
kane - 6

--

dembele- 5
soldado - 5
paulinho -n/a

Vorm 5 Not tested. Not impressed with his kicking at the end to put us under pressure a couple of times.

Davies 5 Again, far from impressive.

Dier 7 This kid has something about him. Wouldnt surprise me if he turned into a top player

Vertonghen 7 Did the job, back on form.

Walker 6 Has helped our defense since hes been back

Stambouli 5 Clearly our most defensive option in midfield. Not the quickest around but gives teams a fight.

Mason 4 I am yet to see why he has impressed so much.

Townsend 7 Yes he keeps the ball too long and makes the wrong decisions but he must be hard to play against. I think hes a good player. And he scores pens.

Eriksen 4 Clearly tired, paulinho should have started.

Adebayor 3 Terrible, should have been sent off after 10 minutes. Captain :lol:

Last edited:
Vorm 6
Walker 4
Verts 6
Dier 6
Davies 2
Stambouli 7 (moym)
Mason 2
Eriksen 4
Kane 5
Ade 4

Soldado 7
Paul 5

Mason and Davies was abdolutely horrific tonight. And why do we take the most in form striker in the pl and place him behind adefookingbayor !!!!

I think Dier has a bright future though, strong as a bull , fast and a good header of the ball. Future england CB

I thought that Adebayor was better than most of the scores I am seeing here. He is clearly short of match practice but he put himself about, worked for the team and had a good chance to score.

I thought Dier and vertonghen were good and Townsend our only threat was my MOTM the rest below par

Agree with that.

Hate to be negative but Davies in particular was apalling.

Walker played far too apologetically I thought. Don't give a damn if they're your club.

For their late counter attack, Walker was the only one running with any urgency. The rest were half jogging.

I thought that Adebayor was better than most of the scores I am seeing here. He is clearly short of match practice but he put himself about, worked for the team and had a good chance to score.

Very much this he wasn't great but then nobody really was he worked hard and had some nice pieces of hold up play also that was a fantastic touch to bring that ball down but couldn't finish it. I find our fans treatment of him appalling tbh

Davies was awful rose is in great form it was the one move I questioned on the team sheet and it hurt us

Vorm 5

Davies -4- Thought he looked to do too much and was left completely unprotected in the first half. Second half better, but his play has deteriorated since his last EPL game.
Dier -7 MOTM- Very impressive from the youngster. Looked more assured than against Sunderland and is actually a threat from set pieces. Marshalled Walker at times when required.
Vertonghen -7- Great game and looked calm.
Walker -5- Not impressed with him tonight. Didn't look good at all.

Stambouli -6- Probably the best dribbler in the team lol. He was good in there tonight, won a lot of tackles and protected the back four.
Mason -4- Looked off the pace and his passing was terrible. Did do his defensive duties though.

Townsend -6- Best player in the opening 20 but he got worse from then on. Scored the pen to get +1 and looked a better player after that. Confidence player??
Eriksen -5- Very ordinary tonight, nothing came off for him.
Kane -5- Aweful. Threatened at times but looked well off his game. Could this be the dip in form we were waiting to see?

Adebayor -4- Not sure why he started.

Subs all get a 5, as none of them really did much wrong nor much right.

Ade a 1, 2, or 3???

Thought he made one impressive burst from the midfield, similar to Kane's previously and could've had a pen after a great take down from another great super Jan pass.

Thought Walker was impressive too tonight, in particular the drive he had to catch up when caught further up the pitch.

Our whole left side looked toothless and nervous. Lennon should have come on but we won the game so the manager has done his job albeit not the the higher standard he wanted.

Paulinho looked livelier when he came on than Mason had all match. He's always looking to go forward but it just didn't come off for him tonight which saw him lose possession or pass to a player under pressure from two or more.

Dier was composed and you feel there is more to come. Harshly penalised for deciding the ball was his to be won. Making a nuisance of himself from set plays was good to see.

Townsend looked lively every time he got the ball and the short ball normally found his man, albeit without any killer incision to either the pass or the run. Getting back to better form.

Credit to the opposition. Much has been made of our stamina as we close out the full 90 and they matched us for the most part with an extremely will drilled well organised performance beyond their position in the football pyramid. They'll feel they were unlucky not to ride their luck further but I do feel our performance deserved nicking it. Especially, as I alluded to earlier, as I feel we could have had a penalty - the defended made no contact with the ball, he made contact with the player which in turn affected the shot. Haven't had a chance to see it again to evaluate that viewpoint but for now I stand by it ;)

Vorm ------- 5 --------- Not much to do really. But he was alert off his line a couple of times, but also some sloppy kicks.

Walker ----- 5 --------- Nothing he tried seem to come off for him. Never got past his opposite full back and tried too hard.
Dier -------- 7 --------- Good game from the lad. Nice to see him getting some games in his natural position. Tracked their strikers well and looked a threat from set pieces.
Vertoghen - 6 --------- Assured game. Not really tested. But brought the ball out well into midfield and cut out some crosses at source.
Davies------ 3 --------- Was getting roasted every time by their winger. And gave the ball away that nearly cost us. Better 2nd half only because they were forced back.

Stambiouli - 7 --------- Another good game from him. He is getting a small run of games and showing he was not just a panic buy in the summer. I believe Poch can get more from him.
Mason ------ 4 --------- Look off the pace. Surely not unfit after a relatively short time out of the team. Did not do much of note but still kept to his defensive duties.
Townsend -- 6 --------- At least he keeps trying. But cuts back on to his left way too much. Its obvious. Good penalty but I want to see him beat a man with skill. Not just pace. Then he might be more of a threat.
Eriksen ----- 5 --------- Off game for him as well. But he kept the ball ticking over. Not much in front of him to pick out though.
Kane ------- 5 --------- 2nd game in a row he has been out of the game. Dropping deeper he does not get to beat the last man and get a shot off. We are wasting our current in form player by tinkering with him.

Ade --------- 3 -------- Captain? why? not much. No harrassing their defenders. one good run with an awful finish. Pretty anonymous.

Subs:

Dembele --- 4 --------- Pushed up higher than Mason but nothing of note. Just passing it off.
Paulinhio --- 4 --------- Had a couple of nice surging runs. Not a bad cameo.
Soldado ---- 4 --------- Good run for the pen. Helped by a stupid defender. But not much else.

Vorm 6

Walker 6
Dier 7
Vertonghen 7
Davies 4

Stambouli 7
Mason 5

Townsend 6
Kane 6
Eriksen 5

Adebayor 4

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Vorm 6 - no saves to make, one or two dodgy clearances especially late on

Walker 6 - love how he imposes himself on the oppo, still a few errors since coming back though

Dier 7 - impressive in the air at both ends

Verts 8 (MotM) - faultless display at the back, loads of headed clearances, great ball to Soldado for the pen

Davies 4 - possibly his worst game for us to date, gave their winger far too much space, hardly won a tackle and needless errors around our box put us in trouble

Mason 5 - competed well in mid but forward passes were consistently too ambitious

Stambouli 7 - excellent game overall but rescued by Dier following a rank bad pass out of defence late on

Eriksen 6 - nothing came off for him tonight even so there were some delightful attempts to find our forwards in the box and I liked the way he fought back whenever he lost possession

Kane 6 - crowded out tonight but still managed a couple of decent shots that on another day might have gone in

Townsend 7 - as always with this fella he frustrated a lot but also produced some quality set pieces including the pen, hence the seven

Adebayor 5 - fluffed a great chance first-half after a quality pull-down from Eriksen's superb cross, didn't show too much else otherwise

Subs

Soldado 6 - quality pull-down from Verts' cross to help win the pen

Dembele 6

Paulinho 6

Poch 7 - maybe should have started Dembele rather than Mason and brought Rose on for Davies, but is having to use the whole squad judiciously.

Dier, Stambouli, Verts and Townsend the best performers for me.

Townsend got the MOTM nod for the confidently taken pen.

Stambouli MOTM for me. Always getting involved positively and trying to make things happen.

Townsend's never day die attitude and refreshing corner kicks that reached the far post was good to watch.

Eriksen and Ade invisible again.

Soldado's technique to bring the ball down back across his body won the penalty and the win for us.

Edit: Special mention to Campbell Ryce - quick, strong, fast feet. Mitchell are you watching .

Last edited:
Back