• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against sunderland

No one rated Danny Rose? He's also our player ;)

Lloris - 7.75
Walker - 6
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 7.25
Naughton - 7.5
Lennon - 8 (MOM)
Sandro - 7.5
Dembele - 7
Bale - 8
Defoe - 6
Adebayor - 6

Dempsey - 6.75 (may be 4-4-1-1 is the way forward afterall)

Last edited:
I love Kyle Walker. When we have had to suffer Ramon Vega, Allan Nielsen, Andy Sinton and Ruel Fox it shows youhow far we have improved under Levy that we are now complaining about players of his quality! So he makes a mistake from time to time. Have posters forgotten how many mistakes Kaboul and BAE have made in their time before becoming fans favourite. He's been great in many games this season. He's young and is learning reminds me a lot of Stephen Carr when he started.

Last edited:
Lloris - 8 I wholeheartedly agree with those posters who have described his performance as 'commanding'.

Walker - 6.5 a couple of mistakes; average performance.
Dawson - 7 steady game, kept the defence organised.
Caulker - 7 played well, kept things simple.
Naughton - 7.5 pick of the defence, some great interceptions and linked well with Bale.

Sandro - 8 he put everything on the line for the team today, some great blocks and some surging runs.
Dembele - 7 quietly effective, played well.

Lennon - 8.5 MotM made life extremely difficult for the Black Cats today, great goal.
Adebayor - 6 he tried hard, should have scored, needs a change of fortune?
Bale - 8 Refs like Atkinson will force him to leave these shores (great overall game)

Defoe - 6 he tried hard, should have scored.

Subs:

Dempsey - 7 as per Dembele.
Parker - 7 it's great to have him back.
Sigurdsson - 6 provided the cover we needed at the time.

AVB - 9 almost a perfect away performance.

Fans - 8 the 5 minutes of "AVB's Blue and White Army" was awesome!

I love Kyle Walker. When we have had to suffer Ramon Vega, Allan Nielsen, Andy Sinton and Ruel Fox it shows youhow far we have improved under Levy that we are now complaining about players of his quality! So he makes a mistake from time to time. Have posters forgotten how many mistakes Kaboul and BAE have made in their time before becoming fans favourite. He's been great in many games this season. He's young and is learning reminds me a lot of Stephen Carr when he started.
i agree but he is having a worse season than last. still the onus is on the manager to rest or sub him, however AVB seems to think he should keep plugging away, even with current form. agree with the complaints; disagree with the vitriol.

i agree but he is having a worse season than last. still the onus is on the manager to rest or sub him, however AVB seems to think he should keep plugging away, even with current form. agree with the complaints; disagree with the vitriol.

He 'just' needs to do the simple things well. Keep steady in defense. He's young, wants to do well. But is not settled when defending. Its getting the balance of attacking and then switching into a steady defensive mode. Today a player ran at him - he had time to clear but was a rabbit caught in the head lights. Then a few sloppy fouls and few crosses came in he could not stop.

He needs a mentor. Just do the simple things well and the rest will follow.

Lloris 7.5 commanding
Walker 6 bad lapses at key times. One silly free kick near the end.
Dawson 7.5 solid, decent passing, occasional over hit
Caulker 7 solid still playing it safe which is good at this age
Naughton 7.5 good performance. I met him on my Vegas flight last summer and had no idea he'd feature as much
Sandro 7.5 excellent
Dembele 7.5 excellent again
Lennon 8.5 great performance
Bale 8 fantastic from him
Adebayor 7 worked hard, poor misses
Defoe 7 decent, but should have scored

Dempsey 7.5 made some very good contributions
Sig 7 solid
Parker 7 solid

Lloris - 8 Goes up high and goes down fast, and brave too!
Walker - 6 mixed bag again; some very good interceptions; some very poor set piece delivery
Dawson - 6 nearly architected his own sending off; but commanded the high line well
Caulker - 7 neat and tidy game for him; feeling though that there is more to him when defending set pieces
Naughton - 7 effective in defence, midfield and attack. pity about that chance - he should have crossed earlier to ade - but he'll learn!
Sandro - 7 the usual great tackling, blocks and interceptions; however seems to be losing possession a lot more this season!
Dembele - 7 his bamboozling the opponents took the winds out their sails; after a while they just stood they and waited for him to ghost them!
Lennon - 8 for the opportunistic goal but felt he was too wasteful and making the wrong decisions- should stop those lofted chipped crosses, they are just too difficult to attack and too easy to defend.
Bale - 8 starting to look a bit selfish :)
Adebayor - 6 ran his socks off for the team. i can wait for him to get going. didn't deserve the yellow.
Defoe - 6 didn't try hard enough running the channels to inspire that creative pass

Subs: All OK - nothing outsanding

AVB - looks like he's found the away game strategy, striking fear in teams wishing to attack us in front of their home crowd, and eventually causing own goals and such (we were lucky but we deserve it).

Fans - Totally agree with the " 8 the 5 minutes of "AVB's Blue and White Army" was awesome! " and the Bale support chants as he went off completely drowning out the Sunderland "boos" on TV

He 'just' needs to do the simple things well. Keep steady in defense. He's young, wants to do well. But is not settled when defending. Its getting the balance of attacking and then switching into a steady defensive mode. Today a player ran at him - he had time to clear but was a rabbit caught in the head lights. Then a few sloppy fouls and few crosses came in he could not stop.

He needs a mentor. Just do the simple things well and the rest will follow.

Funny thing is that he was doing so well last season...i'm sure avb sees this but why does he persist on playing Walker all the time?

I thought we hadn't lost there in 3 years?

We havent now \o/ but we did have a poor record before that, as Mumorn as mentioned. That late late 1-0 defeat still hurts as does the 3-1 defeat 3 years back when Bent could have scored 4 if he could take penalties

Last edited:
Lloris - 8 Goes up high and goes down fast, and brave too!
Walker - 6 mixed bag again; some very good interceptions; some very poor set piece delivery
Dawson - 6 nearly architected his own sending off; but commanded the high line well
Caulker - 7 neat and tidy game for him; feeling though that there is more to him when defending set pieces
Naughton - 7 effective in defence, midfield and attack. pity about that chance - he should have crossed earlier to ade - but he'll learn!
Sandro - 7 the usual great tackling, blocks and interceptions; however seems to be losing possession a lot more this season!
Dembele - 7 his bamboozling the opponents took the winds out their sails; after a while they just stood they and waited for him to ghost them!
Lennon - 8 for the opportunistic goal but felt he was too wasteful and making the wrong decisions- should stop those lofted chipped crosses, they are just too difficult to attack and too easy to defend.
Adebayor - 6 ran his socks off for the team. i can wait for him to get going. didn't deserve the yellow.
Defoe - 6 didn't try hard enough running the channels to inspire that creative pass

Subs: All OK - nothing outsanding

AVB - looks like he's found the away game strategy, striking fear in teams wishing to attack us in front of their home crowd, and eventually causing own goals and such (we were lucky but we deserve it).

Fans - Totally agree with the " 8 the 5 minutes of "AVB's Blue and White Army" was awesome! " and the Bale support chants as he went off completely drowning out the Sunderland "boos" on TV

True enough, but if you are going to mention that then you ought also to mention it was his perfect delivery from a corner that led to our opener and turned the tide for us.

Comments seem a bit harsh imo. He's no Fabregas for sure but Lennon's decision-making this season has improved no end. I like the way he tries to cut passes back into the path of oncoming strikers and for me those chipped crosses are just what's needed. The ball often loops down at the far post beyond the keeper giving strikers an opportunity to head in from close range. Far better than over-hit crosses that sail way beyond the box.

Okay so you're smiley suggests you're only tongue in cheek but if he is selfish surely that is something to celebrate? He scored a hat-trick last time out being selfish \o/ and yesterday instead of shooting after an outstanding, mazy run which completely opened up their defence, he passed to Defoe who was in the perfect position to score from close range but failed.

Every player makes mistakes, but with Kyle I always feel there's a braindead moment just around the corner with him.

His technical ability does not match with his confidence and it causes issues. Just before he gave the free kick away he was literally just standing in space with the ball, and he still manages to lose it, attempting to fudge around moving the ball around with the odd drag back. He fudges it, the ball rolls away from him. So then he's made the error, and gets hot headed about it and runs over to the player with the ball and essentially throws him down to the ground in a bizarre attempt to win the ball back. They get a free kick in a promising position (with one of the best free kick takers in the league imo) and all of a sudden after dominating for the entire first half we go in losing one nil.

But there were many more mistakes than that. Constant misjudging of balls in the air, if I was playing against us I'd have balls floated in to that area all day. Half arsed attempts to block crosses, and throw ins that I'm pretty sure have gone to an opposition player every single time.

Teams like Sunderland away are going to make things hard enough for us already, we don't need a rightback who's going to add to that. I'm definitely in favour of having Naughton at RB a few games.

I want Walker to succeed with us, I do think he has the potential to be a class right back. But it's scary seeing the things he does sometimes. I think special attention is needed with him currently, I really hope someone's taking him through his performances and analyzing them, it didn't cost us at Sunderland but it could have, and if it did then he'd have a lot more flak going his way.

Lloris - 8 Commanding
Walker-6 Curates Egg
Dawson - 7 Impressive
Caulker - 7 Strong
Naughton-7 Goal saving
Lennon - 7 Better. Great goal. More running off the ball. Horray!
Sandro - 7 Solid
Dembele - 7 Getting fitter
Bale - 8 Sheer Class
Defoe - 6 Wasteful
Ade - 5 Disinterested and wasteful. Wish he would stop trying to make "friends" with the opposition and show a bit more controlled agression - particulary in the air.

Dempsey 7 - Looked Classy
Parker 6 - okay

AVB - 8 Getting the tactics right away from home - now just needs to adopt a more positive outlook at home.

Sunderland (A) 1-2

Second away win in a row with Lennon MOTM with his highest rating of the season of 8.32, beating his previous high of 7.83 vs Chelsea (H) when we lost 2-4. This is also his first MOTM performance since that game back in October and third of the season overall.

Adebayor's third worst player of the match in a row sees him join Dempsey with five in a season and in only 15 games to compare with Dempsey's 19.

FX0bs.jpg

Back