• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against everton

Japanese, you have a reputation as having ridiculous opinions, this proves it. De was probably our best player.

I thought we were good, but ultimately I just think Dempsey and Parker are incredibly atrocious. I don't want to see them starting again. Parker has been cack since his injury, the most frustrating player since Jenas.

We need vert back at centres back. However irritating ekotto is, and he is, he's still the only option we have.

Walker was our most dangerous player too. By some distance. Hudd looked gat when he came on. Dembele hudd in the middle from now on please.

Think you need to rate each player -2 marks for being handed a 1-0 after a minute against a poor but competitive team but just throwing it away with a naive and childish effort. And also, as I have said in other threads rate the coach down for the last 2 transfer windows leaving us with such glaring squad deficencies as AVB has done to us.

lots of huff and puff today

6 for everyone apart from Adebayor and Dempsey.......7 for Ade, Dempsey gets a 2 and thats generous

Japanese, you have a reputation as having ridiculous opinions, this proves it. De was probably our best player.

I thought we were good, but ultimately I just think Dempsey and Parker are incredibly atrocious. I don't want to see them starting again. Parker has been cack since his injury, the most frustrating player since Jenas.

We need vert back at centres back. However irritating ekotto is, and he is, he's still the only option we have.

Walker was our most dangerous player too. By some distance. Hudd looked gat when he came on. Dembele hudd in the middle from now on please.

Nope you had issues with me in the past, you disagree with some of my opinons so you try to do the old trick of undermining my position by trying to belittle my opinons. Well i do not care what you think.

Think you need to rate each player -2 marks for being handed a 1-0 after a minute against a poor but competitive team but just throwing it away with a naive and childish effort. And also, as I have said in other threads rate the coach down for the last 2 transfer windows leaving us with such glaring squad deficencies as AVB has done to us.

First Levy gets bashed for taking too long with the negotiations that eventually enables to get more players in on the money we have available and now AVB is at fault for our squad being so poor? Ridiculous. A lot of injuries have suddenly occurred at the same time, but I seriously can't see us adding more players to the squad for the 2-3 games per season this happens. I said this in another thread, but we aren't Chelsea, we can't keep a huge squad of top players just in case.

Stock up on overpaid foreigners and everyone complains about us not giving our youth a chance.

Give the youth a chance and it's all about what a poor squad we have.

We sent Townsend out on loan in January. The powers that be at the club decided that was best for him as he wasn't getting a lot of minutes with us. Even if we had kept him we'd still see Sig/Holtby chosen ahead of him 9 times out of 10. Right now we're missing both Lennon and Bale, but in 2 weeks they'll most likely both be back.

Nope you had issues with me in the past, you disagree with some of my opinons so you try to do the old trick of undermining my position by trying to belittle my opinons. Well i do not care what you think.

Have I had issues with you in the past? I really don't remember if so. But you do have some crazy opinions. I don't mean to undermine you, that tactic really fudging irritates me in life so apologies if that's how it comes across.

You do just seem incredibly extreme!

I just think its obvious we were looking for a striker in Jan, why didnt we have a 6 month backup loan option. Not saying we should sign Andy Booth on a 6 year deal if Damaio rejects us. Christ, was there no plan at all or was it just lets see how it goes. Ok Townsand goes out, but who was the back up for Lennon who last season got injured at a few key times to cost us points - nobody. I can see what you are saying but reality is our so called strong squad is overloaded in some positions and short in others.

First Levy gets bashed for taking too long with the negotiations that eventually enables to get more players in on the money we have available and now AVB is at fault for our squad being so poor? Ridiculous. A lot of injuries have suddenly occurred at the same time, but I seriously can't see us adding more players to the squad for the 2-3 games per season this happens. I said this in another thread, but we aren't Chelsea, we can't keep a huge squad of top players just in case.

Stock up on overpaid foreigners and everyone complains about us not giving our youth a chance.

We sent Townsend out on loan in January. The powers that be at the club decided that was best for him as he wasn't getting a lot of minutes with us. Even if we had kept him we'd still see Sig/Holtby chosen ahead of him 9 times out of 10. Right now we're missing both Lennon and Bale, but in 2 weeks they'll most likely both be back.

giving youth a chance? AVB hasnt done that . Thats the problem.

Caulker and Naughton are not in the youth category. They had Prem experience last season.

Lloris - 6 Thought he was a fault for the goal did well otherwise.
Walker - 7.5 best game of his for a while
Dawson - 6 struggled with Anichebe, huge mix up with Parker for the goal
Caulker - 6 now sure exactly what he was doing for the Mirallas goal
Vertonghen - 6.6 not his best game, great cross for the goal though
Parker - 7 did alright, his passing was better than usual fudged up for their goal
Dembele - 7.5 looked like he has gonna have a starring role today at one point, really threathening with his runs, needs to impose himself on the game more and demand the ball
Dempsey - 5 went missing a lot , playing on the right doesnt suit him
Holtby - 6.5 tried hard now everything worked out for him today, great movement off the ball usually ignored by his teammates
Sigurdsson - 8 motm performance worked his arse off out there (7 interceptions!), capped off with a goal
Adebayor - 7.5 best Ade performance in months, he was a real handful for a defence for once running at them

Lloris - 6
Walker - 5
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Parker - 7
Dembele - 6
Holtby - 6
Sigurdsson - 5
Dempsey - 4
Ade - 5

Huddlestone - 7

Really surprised by some of the ratings and comments on here. Parker was our best player, never stopped winning balls or trying to drive the play forward. Played a couple of cute great balls too but the pass receiver made a hash of them. That was Sigurdsson who other than the goal pretty much made a hash of everything he tried today, definitely not his day other than goal. Terrible corners, terrible crossing, terrible first touch and kept giving the ball away. Dempsey was worse though, really really bad but kind of made up for it with his dummy.

Thought our second goal was really good, especially as most of the participants had such poor afternoons. Walker who had been wasteful and defensively exposed got forward again and rather than hit the first man like he had done all afternoon, he does a nice simple pass to Dempsey who also does the first decent thing he did all match by letting it run to Ade, who composed himself really well which was something he hadn't done at all well all match and then he misses a sitter, but it luckily rebounds off the post into Siggy's path who fortunately shows composure for the first time that day!

Huddlestone did really well when he came on. Shame we didn't have Bale or Lennon to latch on to them early passes, but then maybe Everton wouldn't have given the receiver that much room if we had.

Lloris was a bit weak with the first goal, but I think it would be harsh to blame him for it. Vertonghen was terrible for goal one. But good to see Huddlestone back, and hopefully he has done enough to earn a start next time around as we are lacking someone with that creativity from midfield.

Was that the first game this season where all of AVB's signings have started and that we played AVB's preferred formation of 433? Today we may well have seen a sign of things to come tactically!

Overall poor performance for a home performance, we needed the three points but at least we showed character and got the point. Thought Everton's tactics were spot on, let us have the ball until the final third and then hit us on the break. Almost worked for them too.

lots of huff and puff today

6 for everyone apart from Adebayor and Dempsey.......7 for Ade, Dempsey gets a 2 and thats generous

Why does Ade deserve a 7? He was so wasteful and good Everton attacks came when he failed to hold up simple passes. Nice finish for the first goal, terrible finish for the one that hit the post and we scored from the rebound and I hope no one is seriously suggesting giving him an assist for that!

It's like people expect AVB to have bought 25 players since he started. It's madness.

Lloris - 6 Could he have done better with the goal? Maybe. Saved us in the end though.

Walker - 7 His crossing too often hits the first man but gave us good drive down the right.
Dawson - 5 Not great for me. Blood and guts but still got skinned too many times.
Caulker - 5 Badly done for their 2nd.
Vertonghen - 5.5 Half a point for the goal but caught out too often at the back. Shouldn't really be playing out on the left though for me. I am struggling to remember a good consistent game from him at left back.

Parker - 5 He cannot release the ball early and adds practically nothing from an attacking sense. Was great last year but I think he is holding us back now. Frustrates the hell out of me now.
Dembele - 7 Suprised at the sub. That was a mistake by AVB in my opinion. Our best defensive player I thought and good running with the ball as usual.
Holtby - 6 Was busy without affecting the game too much. It was a bit of a VDV impression but with no end product.
Dempsey - 4 For me he should have been hooked after about 60 mins. His best moment was not touching the ball for the goal. Pointless long range shots.
Sigurdsson - 7 Made the difference in the end which capped a good game for him.
Adebayor - 8 Well now, where has that been? Probably our MOM for me.

Hudd 7 - Those passes reminded me why I liked the guy so much. A trio of Sandro Thudd and Dembele would be interesting.
Carroll 6 - keeping possession is another way of defending. Good stuff from the little man.

Why does Ade deserve a 7? He was so wasteful and good Everton attacks came when he failed to hold up simple passes. Nice finish for the first goal, terrible finish for the one that hit the post and we scored from the rebound and I hope no one is seriously suggesting giving him an assist for that!

i stick by the 7. You'll find yourself in the minority with your assessment.

Lloris - 6...have to see the first goal again as I was surprised he didn't make a bigger claim for it. A couple of fine moments though.

Walker - 7...showed great drive and verve plus had to keep his head when the pressure was on him to just bomb away. Good game.

Dawson - 6...one of his shakier matches this season, but the skipper still did enough, including a couple of excellent interceptions. Nothing from the ref.

Caulker - 6...was fine I suppose, have to admit, I didn't really notice him. Surprised he wasn't more of a corner presence.

Vertonghen - 6...once again playing out his favored position, and this cost us dearly for the second as he got caught out early in the run. Great cross. Very unlucky with their first as to my eye, he got nudged in the back as the ball came in and then used as a ladder by Jagielka. Should've been a foul?

Parker - 7...I'm a critic of his, but today was a day to applaud him for what he DOES bring as opposed to rue what he doesn't. A gutsy performance.

Dembele - 6...Drifted in and out of it today. I thought he was tiring. Good sub for Hudd.

Holtby - 6...Worked very very hard but lacked the quality to really sparkle.

Sigurdsson - 6...was never too sure today, but he really did come on in the latter third of the game when he turned it up.

Dempsey - 5...I appreciate what he does as a player usually, but today was probably his poorest effort this season IMO. Did not seem able to get into it. Great dummy in the lead-up to the goal though.

Ade - 8...the focal point today, back uptop and told to basically stay there and thereabouts, responded with a fine performance. Unlucky not to score at least two today and was generally really good.

Huddlestone - 7...what a shame Tommy cannot play a full 90 in the fashion AVB would like. His passing is clearly what we need right now.

Carroll...6...decent cameo, some nice passing.

OVERALL ...7....A GREAT EFFORT FROM THE TEAM WITH EXTRA CREDIT FOR THE SPIRIT AND DETERMINATION (sorry, caps button locked).

Lloris - 5.5. Should have done better on the goal, but pulled off a great save towards the end to prevent Anichebe snatching a third.

Walker - 6.5. Did well on the right with little support.
Dawson - 5.5. Bullied by Anichebe, but managed to just about stand his ground.
Caulker - 5.5. See above.
Vertonghen - 5.5. Good ball for the first goal, but losing Mirallas and failing to climb against Jagielka for the corner meant a sub-par day for him.

Parker - 6. Did what he had to do, and made some good runs that were left unspotted.
Dembele - 6. See above.
Holtby - 6. Worked hard, and switched the ball fairly well, but lacked an impact.
Sigurdsson - 7. Is developing a knack of scoring vital goals at vital times. Good work-rate, and good goal.

Dempsey - 4.5. The one time he doesn't thwack the ball into the stand, it runs on to Ade and Sig bundles in the rebound. Did more good not touching the ball.
Ade - 7. Good game, good goal, and looks to be getting into a bit of a groove now. We'll need that over the coming weeks, and it's pleasing to see.

Subs:

Hudd - 6. Decent game after his introduction. Released the ball well, something Parker, for all his tireless efforts, just cannot do.
Carroll - N/A. Not much time to influence the game.

AVB - 5.5. Got most things right, but the substitution of Hudd for Dembele was a bit of a baffling one. Dembele looked dangerous and drew fouls, so why he was withdrawn when we were chasing a goal is a bit strange.

Pretty much agree with these ratings and comments, although I'd probably be slightly more generous and give Lloris a 6 with Dembele, Parker plus Huddlestone on 6.5.

thfcsteff, agree with all that.

Caulker, again, and he's been doing it all season, when a player runs at him, turns the wrong way with his back to the ball, a basic defending error that the training staff should have sorted by now.

giving youth a chance? AVB hasnt done that . Thats the problem.

Caulker and Naughton are not in the youth category. They had Prem experience last season.

You do realise we are trying to qualify for the ECL and win the Europa don't you? Which youth do you suggest then?

We've got 20 players out on loan, I suspect these are some of our brighter prospects - who would you play in these games?

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 6.5
Caulker - 6.5
Vertonghen - 7

Parker - 6
Dembele - 7
Holtby - 7

Dempsey - 5
Adebayor - 8
Sigurdsson - 7.5

--

Walker was outstanding, Adebayor was our best player, Dembele was great, Holtby had a 95% pass completion or something similar, We DIDNT need parker at the end, Hudd should have come on for him. Siggy was great. Very impressed with Hudd too.

Didn't see the game, had to make do with the commentary on Talkbrick whilst taking in the OMT comments, most of which were pretty negative if not downright abusive about Walker whilst Holtby came in for some unmerciful stick.

So, care to elaborate?

Didn't see the game, had to make do with the commentary on Talkbrick whilst taking in the OMT comments, most of which were pretty negative if not downright abusive about Walker whilst Holtby came in for some unmerciful stick.

So, care to elaborate?

I was in the Shelf today and I thought Walker was terrible. I will write more tomorrow when I get back home if I get the chance!

Back