• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against everton

You do realise we are trying to qualify for the ECL and win the Europa don't you? Which youth do you suggest then?

We've got 20 players out on loan, I suspect these are some of our brighter prospects - who would you play in these games?

Rose should have been recalled in Jan. Townsend should have stayed. Carroll could have been given more chances. Someone like Ceballos has been impressing many all season, cannot believe he didnt at least come on today when we needed a bit of spark.

The thing is, Rose and Townsend are getting EPL experience - at troubled teams. That is more valuable to us than them sitting on our bench. If BAE is now almost second choice, then I doubt Rose would have got a look in. I've always rated Townsend and I think this will do him wonders. These two are England U21 and I wouldn't class them along with our youth players who need a chance.

Carrol has played enough games IMO, he's a player we use when we need to link midfield to attack against teams who have parked the bus.

No idea about Ceballos.

If we were fighting for a Euro spot then I suspect we'd see more of these youngsters. This Bentaleb(?) guy sounds interesting for starters.

Lloris (7) got muscled out for the first goal but after that got in some vital saves at the end.
Walker (6) PLayed well but too often came inside, he needed to get wide and get more crosses in. When he did we got a goal from it.
Dawson (5) Bullied all game by Anichebe. Him and Caulker could not deal with his strength.
Caulker (5) same as above.
Verts (6) Get a bit more than the above two because he got in an assist. He is not not at his best at left back. That said i thought he should have tried to get more balls into the box.
Parker (6) Lot of effort and tried to drive the team on. But he still gets caught in possesion and him lack of concentration on their second goal was awful.
Dember (6) Has the skills and speed but seems to go nowhere with it or get drive down a dead end. Still wanted him to stay on though as he was the only one really taking them on.
Holtby (5) Worried about him. He looks slow and his passing is weak. Several times he just got run off the ball.
DEmpsey (4) Did nothing all game, no runs, no penetration and no work rate.
Siggy (6) Tries hard, but he is so right footed it hurts him, they knew to just run him out on his left and with that he produced nothing.
Adebayor (7) Work hard, tried to take people on. Hassled their defence. Almost had two goals. Hope he keeps this up.

Subs:
Huddlestone (7) lovely range of passing and you know he is a threat if he gets a chance to shoot. Would rather he play than holtby at the moment.
Carroll (6) some neat passing and always looking to play someone in.

Lloris - 6
Walker - 5
Dawson - 6
Caulker - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Parker - 7
Dembele - 6
Holtby - 6
Sigurdsson - 5
Dempsey - 4
Ade - 5

Huddlestone - 7

Really surprised by some of the ratings and comments on here. Parker was our best player, never stopped winning balls or trying to drive the play forward. Played a couple of cute great balls too but the pass receiver made a hash of them. That was Sigurdsson who other than the goal pretty much made a hash of everything he tried today, definitely not his day other than goal. Terrible corners, terrible crossing, terrible first touch and kept giving the ball away. Dempsey was worse though, really really bad but kind of made up for it with his dummy.

Thought our second goal was really good, especially as most of the participants had such poor afternoons. Walker who had been wasteful and defensively exposed got forward again and rather than hit the first man like he had done all afternoon, he does a nice simple pass to Dempsey who also does the first decent thing he did all match by letting it run to Ade, who composed himself really well which was something he hadn't done at all well all match and then he misses a sitter, but it luckily rebounds off the post into Siggy's path who fortunately shows composure for the first time that day!

Huddlestone did really well when he came on. Shame we didn't have Bale or Lennon to latch on to them early passes, but then maybe Everton wouldn't have given the receiver that much room if we had.

Lloris was a bit weak with the first goal, but I think it would be harsh to blame him for it. Vertonghen was terrible for goal one. But good to see Huddlestone back, and hopefully he has done enough to earn a start next time around as we are lacking someone with that creativity from midfield.

Was that the first game this season where all of AVB's signings have started and that we played AVB's preferred formation of 433? Today we may well have seen a sign of things to come tactically!

Overall poor performance for a home performance, we needed the three points but at least we showed character and got the point. Thought Everton's tactics were spot on, let us have the ball until the final third and then hit us on the break. Almost worked for them too.

Refreshing to read such a thoughtful report, imparts a real feel for what the game was actually like from the stands.

Come to think of it I don't remember ever reading a more useful post-match analysis on GG than this.

Ever!

Lloris - 5
Walker -7
Verts - 6
Dawson - 7
Caulker - 6
Dembele - 6.5
Parker - 8
Holtby - 6
Siggy - 7
Dempsey - 4
Ade - 8

Thought this was Ade´s best game this season. Can not for the life of me understand the abuse Parker gets from some members here

Refreshing to read such a thoughtful report, imparts a real feel for what the game was actually like from the stands.

Come to think of it I don't remember ever reading a more useful post-match analysis on GG than this.

Ever!

Well considering Ade has been given a 5, I wouldn't use his 'report' as gospel....

Lloris - 6. Should have dominated the box more for corners though not sole responsibility for the first goal. However, his save at the end was as good as a last minute equaliser.
Vertonghan - 4. Lacked his usual positivity, lapses cost us goals. Needed you to step up today boy :(
However, delivery for first goal was superb so maybe a 5 then!!
Dawson - 6. Bravely led the line but outmuscled a bit at times.
Caulker - 5. More at fault for the first goal than Lloris, but he'll learn to protect his keeper better. Bullied by Anichebe too.
Walker - 7. Some sloppy passes, but superb surging runs. Did an admirable job of trying to fill the Lennon/Bale shaped gap...
Sigurdsson - 7. ....as did Sig. Looked a real threat. If we had Lennon on the right we would have stretched Everton apart.
Parker - 7. A good game, positive and battled at the heart. Should have scored (again) though.
Dembele - a harsh 6. Harsh because he just was not penetrative enough, though this may have been due to lack of imaginative running from front men.
Holtby - 6. Worked as hard as the other three in midfield, but ultimately just lacked any real threat to Everton.
Adebayor - 8. Excellent game from him. If he puts in 6 more shifts like that we will get the finish we want :)
Dempsey - 4. Poor today I'm afraid.

SUBS
Huddlestone - 8. Unbelievable passing, and just what we needed.
Carroll - 6. Too late to make any real impact, but looked promising.

Lloris 7

Walker 8
Dawson 6
Caulker 6
Verts 6.5

Holtby 6
Parker 6.5
Dembele 7
Siggy 8
Dempsey 5

Ade 7

Huddlestone 7

Agree with the above ratings.

Lloris saved us in he end, Walker was holding the right on his own and getting forward. Parker is great in the combative stuff, but doesn't create chances. Holtby, early days but early candidate for what does he do. Surprised Dembele was subbed. Some of Siggy's corners were awful, but he was busy and saved us a point. Clint was anonymous, bad game. Ade - wow! new player! THudd!!!! - welcome back, hope AVB finally got to see what you really are capable of.

Lloris - 6 - fudged up for the goal, but good otherwise

Walker - 8 - Good at the back and was on a one man mission to bring some width and creativity to the side. Best game in ages.

Caulker - 5 - Struggled against Anichebe and was at fault for the second goal

Dawson - 6 - Was ok, also struggled against Anichebe's strength

Vertonghen - 6 - Generally ok but should have done better for the first goal

Holtby - 5 - Yes I know he had a 200% pass completion rate or something like that, but he did nothing of note. If we're hoping that he'll become our Mata/Fabregas/Silva creative type attacking midfielder I think we might be disappointed

Parker - 5 - Bags of effort but my GHod his passing is awful

Dembele - 7 - Strong, industrious display, should have stayed on the pitch

Sigurdsson - 8 - Excellent display. Worked his gonad*s off, made some good runs and passes and got a well deserved goal at the end

Dempsey - 3 - Very poor today. Should have been substituted. Too many awful long shots and his technical ability with the ball at his feet just isn't good enough.

Adebayor - 8 - His touch can still be a bit sloppy but we've seen the Ade of old in the last two games. Seems as though someone has had a word or he's taken a look at himself in the mirror and asked himself why he's in this game as he worked his gonad*s off and it was great to see.

Subs:

Huddlestone - 8 - Thought his touch would be rusty but he played some excellent passes to create openings. Would like to see more of him in these type of high pressure games against strong defensive units

Carroll - N/A

AVB - 5 - Didn't have a lot of options due to injuries, but I still feel he made some mistakes today. With no Bale or Lennon, we needed width from the full-backs, but he started Vertonghen at LB instead of Assou-Ekotto. Jan got the assist for the opener, but other than that I felt our play was quite predictable on the left hand side as Gylfi always wanted to come inside onto his right foot. When it came time to make substitutions, bringing on Huddlestone was a very good move that helped us to get a point out of the game, but he came on for the wrong player. Dempsey should have gone off, or at the very least Holtby, but not Dembele. I really think we could have won the game if we'd pushed Dembele further up the pitch and brought Huddlestone on for Dempsey. The Carroll sub was a good one in a late attempt to win the game, but it was too little too late IMO.

I was at the game.

Good performance, they worked hard, and deserved to come back. Never stopped pushing.

LLoris 5 Did well most of game but you cant make mistakes like that

Walker 8 Good runs, attacked the fulls backs more than Lennon in his last ten games put together. Solid at the back

Dawson 8 Troubled by Anichebe who is powerful but fantastic tackles and blocks

Caulker 7 Did alright, but also struggled with Anichebe

Vertonghen 7 When he plays left back you get the positives, him going forward, and the negatives, being bullied by the winger

Parker 7 Got stuck in and did well, and a bit better with ball

Dembele 8 Fantastic, they couldnt deal with him. Too powerful.

Holtby 6 Involved but always back to goal, confidence problem maybe. Not too sure about him really. Faded away.

Sigurdson 7 Good start then faded away, then scored. Getting better. Involved.

Dempsey 4 Very poor. Not good footballer and cant get in the right positions at the moment. Missed easy chance.

Adebayor 8 Gave them trouble all game but needs to be more precise in the box. Scored.

Last edited:
Lloris - 5 - did some crucial early interceptions, but textbook error in being caught in no man's land for the first goal - either get the ball or defend it. not to blame for their goal no.2.
Walker -7 - very good game for him, one of the best this season, his continue drive and threat led to the equalizer
Verts - 6 - was continually ripped apart by Everton who took advantage of his lack of speed in tracking back.
Dawson - 7 - solid performance
Caulker - 6 - some bad decisions, especially when he tries to go up when there are already 6 players in the opponents penalty box. caulker+verts combination is solid but too eager in moving forwards and very slow in tracking back
Dembele - 7 - good strong performance, was the target of the everton midfield and getting mini-hacked left right and centre. believe AVB took him off to protect him
Parker - 7 - mixed performance some very poor decisions but got better and better as the game got on. overall it was still a good performance.
Holtby - 6 - livewire no doubt, and probably covered the most ground yesterday; too bad we're not the team to play the early ball these days.
Siggy/Ade - 8 both guys were very impressive today. Ade shaded it for his goal, but Siggy's workrate and crossing caused everton a lot of problems and pinned them back deep.
Ade was good for the goal as well as his super hold up play.
Dempsey - 5 - too slow for either sides, doesn't do well in crowded situations, but worked hard ... don't think his style suits AVB's setup. wrong player wrong time.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Vertonghen 5
Dawson 6
Caulker 5
Dembele 6
Parker 6
Holtby 5
Sigurðsson 6
Dempsey 4
Adebayor 6

Huddlestone 6
Carroll 6

A draw was probably a fair result in the end. MOTD tried to make out it was an exciting, end-to-end game with their 5-minute highlights, but it was anything but, really. A scrappy affair, played out by two teams clearly missing their best players. Spurs typically clueless at troubling a deep and disciplined defence and a weak ref letting the Toffees get away with endless niggles and time-wasting. Both the first two goals were soft as brick, and the only real positive for me was that everyone in the stands thought it was all over when Mirallas scored, so some credit has to go to our lads for keeping going.

Last edited:
Really surprised by some of the ratings and comments on here. Parker was our best player, never stopped winning balls or trying to drive the play forward. Played a couple of cute great balls too but the pass receiver made a hash of them.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615256/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Everton

Whoscored had Parker down for 2 tackles and 2 interceptions. I remembered one of the tackles because it was at the end and a crunching one.

I don't understand where comments like "never stopped winning balls" comes from.

As for his passing, if his passes for some reason are consistently made a hash of while other passes gets controlled I would suggest that the problem is not with the receiver.

Back