• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match day parking

If you are coming from the north, I'd be tempted to park at somewhere like Hertford East then coming down to Northumberland Park. I did that a couple of times, means you avoid any traffic in the N17 area. Don't know if there are rail works on though.[/QUOTE]

Its a Tottenham home match, nailed on. Uncanny how they always seem to work when we play at home,but not always when a certain other team

There will be an increased residents parking only zone from mid march so lots more roads will be unavailable.

It amazes me that anyone chooses to drive all the way in now - it's either about £15 or you have to wait an hour to be able to leave.

I'd recommend parking at theobalds grove station which is 2 mins from j25 of m25 and then 15 mins train to WHL. def the quickest way of getting home on midweek night.

Usually Ikea or sometimes the industrial estate a little further down the road if I get there early enough.

Bloody hell, I have tickets for this game and have only just realised it has been moved to Monday night to accomodate Sky! Means I will not be able to make it, what are the chances of getting my money back for the tickets, as I have never had to do that before

Bloody hell, I have tickets for this game and have only just realised it has been moved to Monday night to accomodate Sky! Means I will not be able to make it, what are the chances of getting my money back for the tickets, as I have never had to do that before

I dont think it becomes a problem when the game is moved after the tickets went on sale. When the Cardiff match was moved to Sunday 4.30pm I got an e-mail saying I could get a refund if I could no longer make it.
Same principle in my eyes I would say you will get a refund

Cheers paxton, I just checked the e-mail booking confirmation and it says Saturday 3pm ko, but have not had an e-mail about the change yet.

There are two schools to choose for parking, one is obvious which is opposite the west, the other you have to drive past the Bill Nic pub. Not used either the parking facilities this season.. last year both were a ****le.

Cheers paxton, I just checked the e-mail booking confirmation and it says Saturday 3pm ko, but have not had an e-mail about the change yet.

You may not receive one for the Sunderland match, We dont get an offer of refund e-mail for every match moved for TV.
But as you pointed out, as your booking confo has Sat 3pm I honestly cant see there being a problem.

I was a bit peeved myself when it got moved, pre-booked the hotel for Friday and Saturday night, never went through my mind it would be on a Monday night, so we've lost that money(non-redundable), luckily its school hols that week so the wife is not in work Tuesday morning so we can still come down for the match

Parking Saturday

Any suggestions for parking near The Hawthorns? I'm coming down from Leeds, so I'll be coming off at JCT 1 of the M5.
Cheers

Re: Parking Saturday

We come off at J1 but instead of turning onto the A41 which goes past the ground, we take the next exit (Kenrick Way) then turn left into Doranda Way Ind Estate, they have secure parking on the right, and a few on the left side too.
About 10 mins walk from the ground (going), about 20mins coming back because you are forced to go on a detour after the whistle

Re: Parking Saturday

Try the park Inn hotel. It's just off the motorway and is a safe place to park

Yep that's where I went. Get into The Vine (5 mins walk from Park Inn). You get a Chicken Tikka and Narn for a fiver, the Tikka is as good as I've ever had, it's legendary.
It's a Real Ale pub with an Indian restaurant out the back, magic place.
Mixed teams, no hassle. Well worth it, the Tikka is quite something.

Where is the best place to park on a Monday evening? We are going to the game tonight but can't really park to far away as my old man can't walk for long periods.

parking around WHL

Hi guys going tonight, first time in a couple of years, where is the best place to park in terms of not getting stuck on the high road after? Do people still park in the IKEA/tescos?

Re: parking around WHL

There's a hospital that people use about 15 minutes walk from the ground. I always used to park just the other side of Bruce Castle Park but they've made most it Controlled Parking Zones now so I just get the train usually.

There's a hospital that people use about 15 minutes walk from the ground. I always used to park just the other side of Bruce Castle Park but they've made most it Controlled Parking Zones now so I just get the train usually.

Thanks, do you know if they check with IKEA/tescos? Or how the would check with IKEA as you can lose a couple of hours in there easily?

I wondered if those in the know can update elements of this thread to help me. I will be over for the West Brom, Monaco and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games. I will be renting a car and, after remembering which side of the road to drive on, will need to get a place to park.

Separately, for West Brom I will have my wife in tow but she won't be going to the game. Any suggestions where she can while away the hours in the vicinity?

Back