• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

McCLAREN CLOSE TO QPR JOB

Steve McClaren looks set to be confirmed as the new manager of QPR in the next 24 hours.

Sky Sports News understands that negotiations with McClaren’s representatives are at an advanced stage, following the dismissal of Ian Holloway last week.

The former England manager worked as a coach at the club under Harry Redknapp in the summer of 2013, before leaving for Derby County that autumn.

What the actual fudge!?

Well he is a improvement over the " village idiot" not much though.

ALLARDYCE TO LEAVE EVERTON

Sam Allardyce looks set to leave Everton in the next 24 hours – with former Watford manager Marco Silva the preferred choice to replace him.

Sky Sports News believes Allardyce to due to meet Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri tomorrow where his six months in charge at Goodison Park will come to an end.

It’s understood Allardyce will be paid the vast majority of the final 12 months of his contract, estimated at around £6m.

Another one of those "Worst kept secret..." things.

Im very interested to see what Silva does there though. Was a big fan of him at Hull, and he began really well at Watford before losing his head/the changing room.

Everton have the bones of a very decent side, could be something of a surprise package next year.

I agree.

I am surprised that they haven't gone for Arteta too. It would be difficult to beat Arsenal to him but I think that it would probably be a more sensible place to start your managerial career.

I agree.

I am surprised that they haven't gone for Arteta too. It would be difficult to beat Arsenal to him but I think that it would probably be a more sensible place to start your managerial career.

The interest in Arteta is beyond my understanding. Maybe he is genuinely top class and its a no brainer, but it seems odd to me that top level clubs are apparently chasing a guy with 2 years coaching experience (no management experience at all).

cant be bothered to open a new chat so put it here.

Bee reading Everton forum re Fat Sam - i think they are right to get rid so no slight on that but...

They really are as delusional, self entitled as the red half - they are liverpool without the success and / or world wide fan base. They would be equally as clamy if they had any relevance - muyst be something in the water up there.

cant be bothered to open a new chat so put it here.

Bee reading Everton forum re Fat Sam - i think they are right to get rid so no slight on that but...

They really are as delusional, self entitled as the red half - they are liverpool without the success and / or world wide fan base. They would be equally as clamy if they had any relevance - muyst be something in the water up there.

Im not entirely sure its fair to sack him, he did what he was supposed to - but can respect them being decisive and wanting a different direction.

The bizarre thing with Everton is, as you say, theyve even less that Liverpool fans to back up their delusions.

Makes me laugh, I always used to see Everton, Villa, City as kind of "kin", similar clubs. Big clubs in a rut (often) outshone by rivals. And yet, the more I see of their fans the less I hold that feeling - all the while its Spurs fans that get stick for being deluded! (even though we are quite the opposite, to the degree we assume the worst at all times)

Sam Allardyce: Everton manager leaves club after six months in charge

Sam Allardyce has left his role as Everton manager after six months.

The 63-year-old signed a contract until June 2019 when he took over in November following the sacking of Ronald Koeman.

Everton, who were 13th in the Premier League when Allardyce arrived, finished the season in eighth.

Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over and the club said the decision was part of their "longer-term plan".

It is understood former Hull City and Watford boss Marco Silva is the main candidate to succeed Allardyce.

The 40-year-old Portuguese was owner Farhad Moshiri's first choice when he dismissed Dutchman Koeman.

Everton have also been interested in Shakhtar Donetsk coach Paulo Fonseca - although he is also a contender to replace David Moyes at West Ham.

Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale thanked Allardyce, adding: "Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.

"However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately".

In the Premier League, Everton won 10 matches, lost six and drew eight under Allardyce, his reign ending with a 3-1 defeat by West Ham on the final day of the season.

Allardyce took over at Everton after a poor start to the season under Dutchman Koeman left the club in the relegation zone with two wins from nine matches.

Everton were unbeaten in their first six league matches under Allardyce and claimed their only Europa League win under the ex-Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Blackburn, West Ham, Bolton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss.

However, Allardyce was booed by fans following his side's 2-1 defeat at Burnley in March, and he was again criticised after their draw with Swansea six weeks later.

The club apologised to Allardyce in April after a survey was sent to fans asking them to rank their manager's performance on a scale of zero to 10.

The former England manager said in April that he had spoken with Moshiri and that he would remain at the club next season.

He did exactly what they needed him to do. Its probably unfair the way he has been treated, though the hefty pay off will ease that Im sure! I do respect them being decisive though, and still think they have the basis of a very good side.

Silva the obvious choice, and Id be very interested in seeing how they do with him.

they only wanted him for 6 months - he insisted on the 18 months and got he pay off.

I remember meeting a Villa fan (mate of a mate) just after Oneil so they were really brick, spent a hell of a lot of time trying to convince me what a massive club they were. It was an experience, hope Fulham smash them (love the Fulham away game).

The interest in Arteta is beyond my understanding. Maybe he is genuinely top class and its a no brainer, but it seems odd to me that top level clubs are apparently chasing a guy with 2 years coaching experience (no management experience at all).

I'm working on the assumption that there must be something there if both Poch and Pep wanted him in their coaching staff.

I'm working on the assumption that there must be something there if both Poch and Pep wanted him in their coaching staff.

Of course, I get that he might be very good.

Regardless though, he has been a premiership assistant coach for two years. Thats it.

Not even run a youth team, let alone worked his way up the pyramid etc.

And Arsenal, while failing, are a massive premier league club, who SHOULD be pushing for a top 4 place heavily.

For them to take Arteta (if they do) will be a huge gamble. Very bold - I would admire them just for that.

Manager David Moyes has left West Ham after just over six months in charge despite guiding the club to Premier League survival.

Moyes, 55, took over from Slaven Bilic on a short-term contract in November with the club in the relegation zone.

West Ham secured safety with two games to spare and finished 13th. Moyes met senior figures at the club on Monday.

The former Everton and Manchester United boss recorded nine wins and 10 draws from 31 games as West Ham boss.

"When David and his team arrived, it was the wish of both parties that the focus be only on the six months until the end of the season, at which point a decision would be made with regards to the future," said West Ham joint-chairman David Sullivan.

"We feel that it is right to move in a different direction. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the club into an exciting future for our loyal supporters within the next 10 days."

Moyes' assistants Alan Irvine, Stuart Pearce and Billy McKinlay have also left with immediate effect.

'Even Guardiola took a bit of time to get his team right'
West Ham finished nine points clear of the drop zone, after earning seven points out of the last nine.

Moyes' last game in charge was a 3-1 win over Everton on Sunday, after which he suggested his preference was to stay beyond this season.

"Everybody always thinks the grass is greener and there's something better out there. I would say more often than not I bet you it's proved wrong," said Moyes.

"We've shown we're trying to improve. I don't know if anybody can come and make that big a difference in six months. Even Pep Guardiola took a bit of time to get his team right.

"I'd think you'd need to give a bit longer. But every manager now is in transit. I don't think there is a long period."

Is it me, or is this line a bit of a slap in the face for Moyes? "We feel that it is right to move in a different direction. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the club into an exciting future"

Interesting to see what Circus West Ham offer up next year.

Also interesting to see where Moyes ends up, I sense he has a rather inflated ego, so might wait for something "big" (or until he is desperate).

If his ego was that inflated he wouldn’t have dropped to West Ham’s level.

I predict they’ll be turning to Allardyce in November.

If his ego was that inflated he wouldn’t have dropped to West Ham’s level.

I predict they’ll be turning to Allardyce in November.

They'll never go back to Allardyce, and Id be amazed if he would even entertain the idea.

Moyes clearly, IMO, was using West Ham as a shop window exercise. He will now be expecting calls from much bigger/better opportunities.

Back