• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man flu

Had asthma since a kid so been offered flu jab every year. Local surgery used to offer jabs on Friday afternoons I would have one every year and could guarantee it would make me feel ill for the whole weekend headache sore throat nausea but low and behold never get flu over the winter. Then last year was working away from home and being stupi never rearranged to get it done at another time. Anyway come February this year I got the flu for first time in my life absolutely horrific in bed for a week lost a stone and a half hardly ate a thing could hardly move every bone and muscle in my body ached every time sneezed felt
Like head was going to explode all I'll say is this of you get offered flu jab take it might feel but under weathe for a day but well worth it

Had asthma since a kid so been offered flu jab every year. Local surgery used to offer jabs on Friday afternoons I would have one every year and could guarantee it would make me feel ill for the whole weekend headache sore throat nausea but low and behold never get flu over the winter. Then last year was working away from home and being stupi never rearranged to get it done at another time. Anyway come February this year I got the flu for first time in my life absolutely horrific in bed for a week lost a stone and a half hardly ate a thing could hardly move every bone and muscle in my body ached every time sneezed felt
Like head was going to explode all I'll say is this of you get offered flu jab take it might feel but under weathe for a day but well worth it

It defo does I had mine last monday and I felt a bit pants for tuesday and wednesday but plenty of fluid, paracetamols and some good rest and I was fine on Wednesday

What happens if you buy the flu jab from Boots? I assume that you need to book an appointment?

And why is it that women who work in Boots are up there with the hottest women in retail?

What happens if you buy the flu jab from Boots? I assume that you need to book an appointment?

And why is it that women who work in Boots are up there with the hottest women in retail?

You can just walk in, you ask for it, fill a form in then pay your monies, then hey presto, overall process took 5 mins and that was at 9am on a monday morning at Liverpool Street

Sniffle? A full blown man flu is far from a sniffle.

I thought I managed to beat it in its infant stages, but not so sure today. Just have to be a bit careful for a couple of days.

But what do you gain by not calling in sick ? You get paid sick time and if you have a few days off once or twice a year it isn't going to reflect badly on you in terms or pay or promotion etc..
I agree, most of the time people could struggle through work, but why bother if you get paid the same either way. Last time I called in sick I could easily have gone in, but I was genuinely ill so thought I'd be a mug not to take time off when everyone else it.

Yes but some other poor mug has to do your work for you. I've only had three days off sick in my 15 year career. Two for when I broke my ankle and had to go to hospital on the Monday to get it plastered, and had to go back on the Tuesday to pick up my crutches. The other was when I had the norovirus in January this year and couldn't spend more than about 25 minutes without rushing to the toilet. Other than that I've soldiered on with numerous colds and viruses. People who take a day off because they feel a bit under the weather or have a bit of a cold take the tinkle. I don't care if other people do it (and we all know people in our place of work that do) I would not stoop to their level.

Sniffle? A full blown man flu is far from a sniffle.

I thought I managed to beat it in its infant stages, but not so sure today. Just have to be a bit careful for a couple of days.

If it's genuine flu you can't even move and can't get out of bed. People who mope around, up and down stairs, getting lemsips etc, that is not flu. It is not even manflu (which doesn't exist). It's a fudging cold, and people should get on with it and stop skiving.

I threw up in my mouth a bit the other day and I think a bit of puke got lodged in my throat.

Have a flaming throat now and feel like there is something hard at the back there.

My six monthly bout of flu/cold whatever this disease that breaks me into a state of distress is upon me.

It comes in stages, first the sneeze, then the cough with the chesty tight burn and now the body ache.

Mate, although it's doing the rounds - I wouldn't be surprised if it's also related to your reduction of ciggies. Seen it many times when people are giving up.

Mate, although it's doing the rounds - I wouldn't be surprised if it's also related to your reduction of ciggies. Seen it many times when people are giving up.

Do you think? To be honest since ive quit smoking ive been feeling - groggy, tired, lethargic, demotivated and above all headachie and ****. I wouldnt be surprised.

Surely the immunity of my system should be better - although im guessing that would and should take time. r

No idea about the science behind it but I suspect withdrawal and the body cleansing itself will affect you. Mate at work had flu like symptoms for 2 weeks after quitting, seen it with others too. As I say; it may be a coincidence.

No idea about the science behind it but I suspect withdrawal and the body cleansing itself will affect you. Mate at work had flu like symptoms for 2 weeks after quitting, seen it with others too. As I say; it may be a coincidence.

Just googled it and it seems to be a norm when quitting smoking - the same with the tiredness and fatigue etc.

Didnt know that... i should start smoking again haha.

It don't exist. Men need to man up. And yes, I'm a bloke but have never felt the need to take a day off with a bit of a sniffle. Bunch of pussies, the lot of you... ;)

I know you're joking but men have poorer health outcomes than women across the board, get injured more and die younger than women partly because of this kind of attitude.

I'm not sure your boss will thank you either if you go into work and infect all of your co-workers, thereby plummeting all of your productivities ;)

Have manflu, cannot move without every joint aching and eyes popping out. Missus is doing sterling work but I'm covered in crumbs from the bacon sandwich she made me and is refusing to hoover my chest.

I feel sad and dirty and at risk of bird attack.

Have manflu, cannot move without every joint aching and eyes popping out. Missus is doing sterling work but I'm covered in crumbs from the bacon sandwich she made me and is refusing to hoover my chest.

I feel sad and dirty and at risk of bird attack.

At least you got the missus to give you some TLC. I got and am getting jack ****

At least you got the missus to give you some TLC. I got and am getting jack ****

Who the hell is jack and what is he doing to you??:eek:

Both my uncles gave up smoking and an aunt and my first boss, within 6b months of giving up they got cancer, all dead now as well.

If it's genuine flu you can't even move and can't get out of bed. People who mope around, up and down stairs, getting lemsips etc, that is not flu. It is not even manflu (which doesn't exist). It's a ****ing cold, and people should get on with it and stop skiving.

Well said. Men should be ashamed of themselves for taking time off for a cold.

Back