• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man flu

It also drags people down as people look at that person and think 'fudge it ill have some of that'

This. I changed over to contracting a few months back so I don't get sick pay, holiday etc (my decision and I still get paid a great deal more from contracting). I've never really been one to get ill that much better it really annoys me to see permanent staff abusing the system.

At my current office there's been 2 women in the space of a month that have been signed off from stress.. one took 2 weeks off and the other has been off a week with no sign of returning any time soon! The 2nd woman had 3 weeks annual leave in August too!
I've been working with them for the last 3 months and would say the workload at this company is far easier to manage than anywhere I've been before..

grrr set me off now lol!

Work is a breeding ground not forgetting that the biggest germ carrier is not neccessarily the work place but public transport. Now who cares whether you infect strangers with your germs but its a knock on effect - first a stranger then passes on to another and another and before you know it - it comes back down to you

Think my flu is clearing up :D only suffering now from sporadic coughing rather than constant coughing.

Heading out Friday night so hoping that I have completely recovered by then!

You sound concerned, mate - why don't you go and give him a hand. :)

Youre so fudgein jealous - jealous ****. Jealousy gets you no where dude.

Ginola (so good they named him three times) im good im now coughing alot but I guess its the loosening of the phlegm and clearing out the gunk in my chest.

My nose is fudgein crusty though.

They say the difference between having a cold and having flu is simple

If you have flu and your in bed and there is a £50 note on the floor you cant even bend over to pick it up

Makes me laugh when people at work or on facebook, say ive got flu when they are walking about at work, etc, no youve got a cold fudgetard

People who are ill should stay home. They just infect others with their germs and that massively effects productivity. Work is a breeding ground for disease. People touching light switches, door handles and security pads and buttons is perfect for the spread of germs. I'm lucky that I'm not ill regularly (1 incidence in 3 years) but if people are ill they should stay the fudge away from work. It's irresponsible to come in. My boss fudges me off because he makes people feel like they can't be ill and he martyrs himself when he's sick.

It's gonad*s IMO.

But of course we all know people who take the tinkle. My wife ha a worker who had 13 seperate incidents in 9 months.

Yep. There will always be people who skive, and get away with it.

Work are giving out flu jabs throughout October and November. Shame the first jabs are starting in a weeks time.

Think my flu is clearing up :D only suffering now from sporadic coughing rather than constant coughing.

Heading out Friday night so hoping that I have completely recovered by then!

Nothing like a good drinking session to either get you back to 100% health (post hangover) or send you back to bed for another week.

My sister has just started on Remecade miracle drug.

Really, they were trialling it just before I had my op, so many more drugs now to help and treat Crohn's over what there was when I got diagnosed at 18, then there was 1 in 50k people now its 1 in 4k people, thats worrying !!!

Really, they were trialling it just before I had my op, so many more drugs now to help and treat Crohn's over what there was when I got diagnosed at 18, then there was 1 in 50k people now its 1 in 4k people, thats worrying !!!

The stuff is amazing. Kicks you into remission and hopefully that's it. Loads of auto immune diseases all linked, rheumatoid arthritis, MCTD, Crohns, etc. I think it's just more known now so people were just told thy have IBS.

I'm going to get that flu jab. I've had full blown flu more than couple of times. One bout of flu left me with no appetite at all, I lost more than one stone. I literally ate a forkful or two of food & could eat no more.

Back