• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luke Shaw

Cochise

Steve Carr
Ok so we know he is class and will only get better.

The question is: Am I right in remembering that we could've bought him last summer but AVB didn't want to??? I'm sure I read that rumour somewhere

The time to get him would have been 3 years ago, we should be looking at the likes of Joe Gomez at Charlton who is 17 but since Bostock and Dean Parrett did not work out for us we have stopped taking a chance on English youngsters due to cost and risk.

We still go after foreign youngsters because they do not cost so much but we are slightly neglecting the domestic market and the are some gems and gomez is one of them.

It should have been the same as with Bale, we should have tried poaching this kid when Saints were still a Championship side and we may have had a chance.

The boat has passed I'm afraid. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United and Emirates Marketing Project will all be in the market for a left back (actually the scum might not be if they persist with Monreal) and are a more attractive proposition so we'll have to settle for buying someone painfully average, or stick with Rose who is painfully average but has the potential to be a good player IMO.

lets get this straight once and for all - Isn't it Levy and Baldini who buy players.

Well documented that AVB wanted Conceicao very much - which I thought agreed was needed for a campaign to get into Top 4, not a young and untested Luke Shaw then.

Where will Ashley Cole go next season to get games... will he want last big payday aged 33/34 or will he opt to stay in London and play in Lilywhite?

Where will Ashley Cole go next season to get games... will he want last big payday aged 33/34 or will he opt to stay in London and play in Lilywhite?

I really hope not.

perhaps i should be a bigger man and put my dislike for Cashley to one side and think for the good of the team....

nah cant do it....would be gutting if we signed him....rather have rose...he gave us a rocket...Cashley is well...quite repulsive.

To be fair to whoever is in charge of signing players for us, we all know how difficult it is to know how players will develop. We didn't sign him last summer, but neither did anyone else. And none of us know how he will develop in the future. Despite his obvious ability, its far from impossible that in the next decade, the 2 English leftbacks end up being Gibbs and Rose for example.

Cole will go to MLS.

I think in the summer we'll move for either Dodo of Roma or Jetro Willems of PSV, depending on the Baldini-LVG conversation.

I really hope not.

perhaps i should be a bigger man and put my dislike for Cashley to one side and think for the good of the team....

nah cant do it....would be gutting if we signed him....rather have rose...he gave us a rocket...Cashley is well...quite repulsive.

Didn't think much of Willy G until he did the job for us.

I'd bite there hands off.

Ashley Cole is a ****ing winner, something we lack.

Plus he'd love for us to stick it up the goons.

A 25% playing to his ability Cole is miles better than what we currently have, I dislike him but he would do a job thats for sure, short term

dont think anyone can truly have an issue with us not getting luke shaw before...no one can always call it right 100%

was it THAT certain he would be an instant hit? i dont know personally, as in i really had no idea how good he was until someone told me.

so it doesnt surprise me that AVB didnt want to risk his goals or achieving top 4 by investing heavily in a 16/17 year old the same sum of money that would prize away a champions league calibre player that has been tried and tested at the highest level

having said that, we need to go all in to try and get luke shaw

Back