• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

Re: would Chelsea sell us Lukaku?

I'd love to see the loan system reformed to limit the amount of players a club can loan out. Imagine the influx of players back at Chelsea if they did something like this? Their wage bill would jump from ridiculous to ludicrous overnight.

Does FFP now mean that Chelsea will have to try and make a few quid in order to fund future big money moves for Falcao or Costa etc.?

If there was no FFP they could just loan him out again but it seems they want to cash in.

Precisely this. A club must demonstrate that their outgoings are largely funded by revenues generated by the club and the amount an owner can "gift" or "loan" a club is limited. Of course a club with wealthy owners can get around this to an extent (e.g. Man Cith got an eye-watering sponsorship deal from Etihad Airways, who happened to be owned by a family member of their owner), but to an extent every club is now having to comply. Hence why City are investing millions in stadium development, training centre and youth academy to try and make the club as self-sufficient as possible long-term.

The other thing that has now to be bourne in mind is the FIFA regulations about home-grown players making up first-team registered squads. You can see this impacting already on transfer decisions. For example, although he is a good players, I'm pretty sure PSG could have found a better deep lying play-maker than Cabaye, but the fact that he was French IMO probably had a big influence on their decision to buy him.

I think Levy was ahead of his time in using the transfer market as a source of income, if played correctly.

I think about signings like Teemu Tainio, Pienaar and Holtby, all players bought either free transfers or for highly reduced fees due to impending contract end, who weren't really needed by the club, but had a season or two with us, and were then sold on or sold back to their old club for a not-insignificant profit. That all goes into the accounts and improves our balance sheet and therefore our ability to obtain credit, our compliance with financial obligations etc.

i read somewhere that Chelski want to sell Lukaku abroad.....lets say that Lukaku insisted on staying in the Uk, if he became available i could see Arsanal, Man Utd and of course Everton being interested too. I still think we will end up with one of Benteke, Remy or Bony instead

I'd be over the moon with any of those lads, and looks like Berahino from West Brom might well be available too with the supposed bust up, he'd be a good Defoe replacement I'd say.

Lukaku To Join Spurs If Chelsea Land Costa

- FJ

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho would be willing to let Romelu Lukaku leave for Tottenham at the end of the season if they can sign Diego Costa.

The relationship between the young Belgian and Mourinho has soured whilst he has spent the season on loan at Everton.

Mourinho has told Lukaku that he won’t be first choice striker next season as the Portuguese boss plans to delve into the summer transfer market to sign a new number nine.

Atletico Madrid hitman Diego Costa is top of Mourinho’s shortlist and reports claim he can sign the Brazilian-born Spaniard for around £31.5million.

According to the Daily Mail, if Chelsea can pull off the deal, he will let Lukaku leave for rivals Tottenham but would not sell him for a loss.

He signed from Anderlecht for £18million in 2011 but Mourinho would be willing to look in the excess of £20million for his signature.

Lukaku To Join Spurs If Chelsea Land Costa

- FJ

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho would be willing to let Romelu Lukaku leave for Tottenham at the end of the season if they can sign Diego Costa.

The relationship between the young Belgian and Mourinho has soured whilst he has spent the season on loan at Everton.

Mourinho has told Lukaku that he won’t be first choice striker next season as the Portuguese boss plans to delve into the summer transfer market to sign a new number nine.

Atletico Madrid hitman Diego Costa is top of Mourinho’s shortlist and reports claim he can sign the Brazilian-born Spaniard for around £31.5million.

According to the Daily Mail, if Chelsea can pull off the deal, he will let Lukaku leave for rivals Tottenham but would not sell him for a loss.

He signed from Anderlecht for £18million in 2011 but Mourinho would be willing to look in the excess of £20million for his signature.

We really should be praying Atletico sell Costa to Chelski. Not only would that mean Chelski would be willing to let Lukaku leave but it also means Atletico will probably target Soldado to replace Costa.

We really should be praying Atletico sell Costa to Chelski. Not only would that mean Chelski would be willing to let Lukaku leave but it also means Atletico will probably target Soldado to replace Costa.

Why, for money?

I still think Soldado has promise, plus more importantly I don't want to be back to the position of our only bench option is Kane

Lukaku/Ade +Soldado is nice front line.

Why, for money?

I still think Soldado has promise, plus more importantly I don't want to be back to the position of our only bench option is Kane

Lukaku/Ade +Soldado is nice front line.

Nice but totally unrealistic imo.

no quotes in that article, unfortunately so i wouldn't be paying too much attention to it.

also read somewhere that Everton fans aren't that impressed with him as a player (outside of goals) and think he's pretty lazy

no quotes in that article, unfortunately so i wouldn't be paying too much attention to it.

also read somewhere that Everton fans aren't that impressed with him as a player (outside of goals) and think he's pretty lazy

hahaha .. without his goals Everton would be a much different position, ****ing fans

its not just Lukaku now either, its getting him and having the player he could become in 2/3 years before flogging him for 200m to Madrid

A new striker is not the magic pill that will solve what's wrong with the team.
Its like covering a cake of **** in some fancy icing.

Fix central midfield, sort out the mess at the back.

But Tottenham fans have a hard-on for 30m plus strikers and wingers.
Levy/Sherwood knows this and is leaking this Lukaku/Benteke crap to the press and you are all lapping it up.

A new striker is not the magic pill that will solve what's wrong with the team.
Its like covering a cake of **** in some fancy icing.

Fix central midfield, sort out the mess at the back.

But Tottenham fans have a hard-on for 30m plus strikers and wingers.
Levy/Sherwood knows this and is leaking this Lukaku/Benteke crap to the press and you are all lapping it up.

A front line striker does cover a lot of sins and buy you time (without Suarez, Rodgers would not have had the time luxury to sort other parts of his team out)

The midfield needs one player (a creative midfielder to sit next to/cover for Eriksen)

Back line needs a LB

Biggest problem with midfield and backline is we don't have a coherent style of play, and our players don't seem to know their roles as a result.

Would be well happy with Lukaku. This guy is seriously highly rated, experienced in this league, aged 20, with a 1 in 2 record and built like a tank yet still very quick and agile.

Not quite sure why people are moaning, would be a fantastic signing. Him and bobby would be great together I reckon.

Back