• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luka Vuskovic

A defender playing first team football at 16 is huge, obviously has some physical attributes that helps but it speaks to his potential.

The other clubs that were sniffing also say this isn't a random punt.

What's interesting is, if, for balance, if those stories are true, it's good to know there is a lure. I saw a clip earlier about the reputation of the club increasing in the short time Ange has been here and players raising eyebrows at the style in a positive, not saying that's 100% the case but has to be something that makes someone turn down others

Supposedly here in 2025, we have signed him now but will let him continue his development until 18. Probably a concession for us to get him, supposedly City, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Pool were all sniffing around

And just to make most of us here feel old as brick, this kid was born in 2007, he was 5 when Modric left Spurs ... fudge
Was born February 24 so yes, summer of 2025 will be when he can actually join. I hope by next summer, we have the luxury of "forgetting" about this player as it means we theoretically will have solved any CB issues we have. As others have said, it's very difficult to know how this kid will continue his development. It seems to be that physically, he's one of the scariest 16-year olds one can encounter. It does seem like he's got some technique judging from the youtube videos, but I've never seen this kid so I can't make any sort of guesses about his career. Watching players like Lamine Yamal or Endrick, and you know there's something about them.

To summarize, Luka Vuskovic could be one to get excited about, but hopefully we clean up our squad by the end of next summer and don't feel the need to see this kid as some kind of savior who will step into our backline and fix our problems. He should be able to join and settle in, like Veliz, and see where we go from there. All that experience at that young of an age and I wonder if that might mean he peaks earlier as a player??

It's actually a benefit that he can't join Spurs immediately due to Brexit.
We might just shove him in the U21s with the others.
Will be better for him to play in Croatia or Austria or Germany or whatever level he is capable of, this year and next.

It's actually a benefit that he can't join Spurs immediately due to Brexit.
We might just shove him in the U21s with the others.
Will be better for him to play in Croatia or Austria or Germany or whatever level he is capable of, this year and next.

Nothing to do with brexit. You can sign u18 players from abroad as long as they meet the criteria, which he does.

Guess we are a bit more of a catch again. Funny how quick momentum changes.

Levy’s strength and weakness really is how quickly he can shake things up. It has been both to our detriment and benefit at different times. We need steady incremental change and improvements now. But when we’re in a bad place I don’t think there is a PL CEO who’s better at switching things up. But it works both ways. We impatiently change things losing our foundation at times too. At least now with Postecoglou we seem to have that happy balance back of agility plus a stable plan and vision (which is maybe what Levy doesn’t always have and he needs a manager to bring to the club).

Last edited:

Levy’s strength and weakness really is how quickly he can shake things up. It has been both to our detriment and benefit at different times. We need steady incremental change and improvements now. But when we’re in a bad place I don’t think there is a CEO who’s better at switching things up. But it works both ways. We impatiently change things losing our foundation at times too. At least now with Postecoglou we seem to have that happy balance back of agility plus a stable plan and vision (which is maybe what Levy doesn’t always have and he needs a manager to bring to the club).

We've got a good link with croatians the last decade or so.

Last edited:
Time flies. I thought the same, but it turns out that our original three Croatians all left over 11 years ago!

They came, they f***ing ran about a bit, they f***ed off:

Corluka: Sep 2008 to Jan 2012
Kranjcar: Sep 2008 to July 2012
Modric: July 2008 to Aug 2012

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/gastarbeiterDetails/verein/148/land_id/37
I didn't remember they all joined the same year and all left the same year? I think Kranjcar came a year later than the others.

Note ...Vuskovic was BORN in Feb 2007

I didn't remember they all joined the same year and all left the same year? I think Kranjcar came a year later than the others.

Note ...Vuskovic was BORN in Feb 2007
You're right - my typo, as it turns out.

It's probably Vuskovic's dad who remembers that period, then. I'd imagine that our CL exploits would have helped too.

Levy’s strength and weakness really is how quickly he can shake things up. It has been both to our detriment and benefit at different times. We need steady incremental change and improvements now. But when we’re in a bad place I don’t think there is a PL CEO who’s better at switching things up. But it works both ways. We impatiently change things losing our foundation at times too. At least now with Postecoglou we seem to have that happy balance back of agility plus a stable plan and vision (which is maybe what Levy doesn’t always have and he needs a manager to bring to the club).

Roman as much as I think he is a murderous cnut was good at it but had the benefit of his laundered ill gotten money. But he knew when to act and had better success of course.

I want a more settled time now, it's no coincidence that we seem more settled for the first time in 5 years with a return to what served Levy well at the start

Back