• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Don’t forget Poch has had to deal with a WC legacy and a no ground in the last two seasons and the euros before that

They all have a huge impact on integrating players

Ironically the 2 fringe AMs that can’t get a proper game didn’t play at the World Cup.

Ironically the 2 fringe AMs that can’t get a proper game didn’t play at the World Cup.

Yes but their integrated in the team and they started the season well which helped us with the WC legacy issues

Moura got league player of the money didn’t he

Now though the better players have naturally over took them

He’s great, he would be an upgrade on lamela/Moura and could argue Son - he’s on par with him at least in my view

He’s also completely different to anything we have.

Son Kane Zaha would be lethal

When I see our bench and see A workmanlike Lamela, Moura who poch doesn’t quite like so far, and lamppost I think we need additions

Zaha is one that as you say offers something we don’t have

He’s great, he would be an upgrade on lamela/Moura and could argue Son - he’s on par with him at least in my view

He’s also completely different to anything we have.

Son Kane Zaha would be lethal

He's nowhere near the class of Son, he's a flair player who you see pop up with the odd worldy. That aside he's a frustrating show-pony who loses the ball, a lot. Did you see his red card recently too for dissent? Utter clown shoe.

PL stats below for comparison..

Zaha: 29 goals, 17 assists in 154 games for Palace.
Son: 41 goals, 18 assists in 122 games for us.
Lamela: 14 goals, 21 assists in 119 games for us.

I guess you could argue he's an upgrade on Lamela, but he's had more game time and less injury hassle. To come up with less assists in 30+ more games is a worry for me. They're also the same age, so it's not like he has that much more upside.

Plus I doubt he'll give you the same level of consistent effort. See @StephenH's post, he would quickly frustrate the hell out of our fans and become the next spacegoat, guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Eriksen is a cut above again:
40 goals, 49 assists in 172 games for us.

If we want to have real competition for attacking positions, it's trying to find a player on or near the same level as Eriksen. Good luck with that mind you...

Edit: Added Eriksen stats because why not.

Last edited:
He's nowhere near the class of Son, he's a flair player who you see pop up with the odd worldy. That aside he's a frustrating show-pony who loses the ball, a lot. Did you see his red card recently too for dissent? Utter clown shoe.

PL stats below for comparison..

Zaha: 29 goals, 17 assists in 154 games for Palace.
Son: 41 goals, 18 assists in 122 games for us.
Lamela: 14 goals, 21 assists in 119 games for us.

I guess you could argue he's an upgrade on Lamela, but he's had more game time and less injury hassle. To come up with less assists in 30+ more games is a worry for me. They're also the same age, so it's not like he has that much more upside.

Plus I doubt he'll give you the same level of consistent effort. See @StephenH's post, he would quickly frustrate the hell out of our fans and become the next spacegoat, guaranteed.

He plays for palace and isn’t feeding players like kane and Son... their strikers are worse than any we have had in about 15 years

They now look a lot better with Batbrick there and Zaha has the attacking flair to supply him

He plays for palace and isn’t feeding players like kane and Son... their strikers are worse than any we have had in about 15 years

They now look a lot better with Batbrick there and Zaha has the attacking flair to supply him

What after one game? Drawing a very long bow there... Quality players should shine regardless of those around them. Zaha is a West Ham level signing, at best.

I’d argue he has been shining
Hence why lots of teams want him

According to the media.. You have no idea who wants him. He's been at Palace a long time now and I'd say he's about found his level.

Maybe a West Ham, Everton or Leicester would take him on... Not good or consistent enough for us.

I’d argue he has been shining
Hence why lots of teams want him

He’s not the finished article and I’m not convinced we there aren’t better options out there but right now I’d say he’s an upgrade on Lamela and Moura. Lamela is so painfully one footed, I can’t believe so many professional footballers are so poor on their weaker foot. I’m sure they must practice but the results don’t show in games.

He’s not the finished article and I’m not convinced we there aren’t better options out there but right now I’d say he’s an upgrade on Lamela and Moura. Lamela is so painfully one footed, I can’t believe so many professional footballers are so poor on their weaker foot. I’m sure they must practice but the results don’t show in games.

TBF he did put a cross in on his right yesterday

I think Lamela suffers from being predictable

You know he will make rash challenges
You know he will run into players as he can’t switch feet
You know he will run his Arse off
You are all know he will work for the team and sometimes pass when he could shoot

He isn’t a port player, far form it but I think as you say there are a lot of upgrades out there for him

TBF he did put a cross in on his right yesterday

I think Lamela suffers from being predictable

You know he will make rash challenges
You know he will run into players as he can’t switch feet
You know he will run his Arse off
You are all know he will work for the team and sometimes pass when he could shoot

He isn’t a port player, far form it but I think as you say there are a lot of upgrades out there for him

If we put Zaha aside as a hypothetical, who do you bring in that is better quality than and happy to be a squad player like Lamela and Moura currently are?

Hard pressed to find anyone I'd say. If we can find a player on the same level as Eriksen, then I'd maybe look at shifting Moura or Lamela, but I certainly wouldn't do it hastily.

Back