• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Created room for himself at the edge of the box and got a shot away, beat a couple of men and put a dangerous cross in. Neither of which Eriksen did.
Tackled and won the a few times and never passed to an arsenal player, again neither of which Eriksen did.

But Lamela offers next to nothing in terms of end product. He hasn’t recently anyway. He scores at a rate of 1 in 9 if you look at his record in the league since his time here. Son scores at 1 in 3, Eriksen around 1 in 4. The standard for Lamela for some on here seems to be lower, meaning he can run around, fly in with a few reckless tackles which shows he cares but fail to deliver in terms of end product but it’s fine.

I’m fine with him being a squad player but not as a starter until he delivers more goals and creates more chances.

But Lamela offers next to nothing in terms of end product. He hasn’t recently anyway. He scores at a rate of 1 in 9 if you look at his record in the league since his time here. Son scores at 1 in 3, Eriksen around 1 in 4. The standard for Lamela for some on here seems to be lower, meaning he can run around, fly in with a few reckless tackles which shows he cares but fail to deliver in terms of end product but it’s fine.

I’m fine with him being a squad player but not as a starter until he delivers more goals and creates more chances.

I'm with you. I'm not the biggest Lamela fan at all - doesnt score enough, doesnt create enough...he does work hard and gives about 100000%, but picking a forward on the basis that they defend well from the front isnt enough. I agree with you that he's fine as a squad player given his attitude is great, but if he was a starter then we'd have problems

I'm with you. I'm not the biggest Lamela fan at all - doesnt score enough, doesnt create enough...he does work hard and gives about 100000%, but picking a forward on the basis that they defend well from the front isnt enough. I agree with you that he's fine as a squad player given his attitude is great, but if he was a starter then we'd have problems

Lamela is an injury liability. Feisty fcuker I like that about him but would move him on.

Moura I will give another season because he could turn into another Son, doubting it but he could.

I'm the same, he's a squad player behind son, dele and Eriksen. But as a squad player his stats will be lower.
And what's the point of having squad players if they don't play, and if him and Moura can't get into the team in front of Eriksen at the moment then the mind boogles.

We need better squad players than him for is effort and passioN I like him but he’s not good enough.

His wages could be better used

Didn’t Lucas come on at half time and change the game against Watford?

Since then in the PL he’s played 71 mins in 5 games.

In those 5 games we have:

Struggled to a late win vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Won against Leicester
Lost against Burnley (created little)
Lost against Chelsea (created little)
Drawn against Arsenal (created little)

If he can’t squeeze more than 71 mins out of those 5 games (2 with no Kane available and 5 with no Dele available) then it suggests Poch doesn’t fancy him at the moment. Especially with Lamela first taxi off the tank recently. Either that or he’s carrying a knock!?

I suspect Moura is being saved to start vs Dortmund....

You may be right but the above is a proper cotton wool job, especially when we’ve been crying out for something extra.

Maybe he does have a knock that Poch doesn’t want to disturb with Dortmund in mind.

He’s done more than Lamela in my view, yet doesn’t get a look in.

They would both be down the Job Centre imo;)

I don’t have anything against either from a non footballing point of view though.

Not sure we have much monetary value in our outcasts

Last edited:

I don’t have anything against either from a non footballing point of view though.

I can't see either leaving in the summer, there are too many other moves that are being forced on us and we will have to prioritise central midfield, full backs and possibly centre back.

I can't see either leaving in the summer, there are too many other moves that are being forced on us and we will have to prioritise central midfield, full backs and possibly centre back.
Simply too much to do in order for me to have any confidence in getting it done :(
Let's see what happens, but agree, Lucas is least of our worries right now.

I think they are both decent impact sub options. Poch showing that he clearly doesn’t trust either to have a start at the moment.

Out of interest - If Zaha was in the squad, do you think he’d be getting much game time at the moment?

Simply too much to do in order for me to have any confidence in getting it done :(
Let's see what happens, but agree, Lucas is least of our worries right now.

I agree. Two windows without any signings has left us with a lot of work to do in the summer. Poch being slow at integrating new signings, will make the upheaval even bigger.

I think they are both decent impact sub options. Poch showing that he clearly doesn’t trust either to have a start at the moment.

Out of interest - If Zaha was in the squad, do you think he’d be getting much game time at the moment?

Zaha is just a windup. Leave him be at Palace (my second team) but forgetting that, seriously he would drive us all mad!

I agree. Two windows without any signings has left us with a lot of work to do in the summer. Poch being slow at integrating new signings, will make the upheaval even bigger.

Don’t forget Poch has had to deal with a WC legacy and a no ground in the last two seasons and the euros before that

They all have a huge impact on integrating players

Back