• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Lamela may not have been fantastic against City but he excelled against Chelsea, how quickly people forget.

If we want to go for the title we need both players

I defended him
I also got why he played him
But a LOT don’t get him and complain about him

For me he was better than dele and Kane for a start but he was guilty of not passing quick enough a couple of times

Looks ready to start in the league. It was always going to take a while to get up to speed but he has genuine dribbling ability and a decent shot on him, if that one outside the box against City was anything to go by.

I think he will take Lamela's place next season with Lamela being sold back to Italy.

I dont rate Lamela as highly as others, but we need depth and having Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela and Moura for the 3 places behind Kane gives us that. I wouldnt have Lamela in my starting 11 because, as I posted elsewhere, whenever we start with him, Dele and Eriksen we lack any pace and directness and ability to get behind the opposition back 4....however equally we do need that depth so can only really sell him back to an italian club if we bring in someone like Malcolm etc

I dont rate Lamela as highly as others, but we need depth and having Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela and Moura for the 3 places behind Kane gives us that. I wouldnt have Lamela in my starting 11 because, as I posted elsewhere, whenever we start with him, Dele and Eriksen we lack any pace and directness and ability to get behind the opposition back 4....however equally we do need that depth so can only really sell him back to an italian club if we bring in someone like Malcolm etc

That’s the key
No point weakening the squad
But bringing in more pace is paramount for us as you can see with city and pool how beneficial it is. Having son and our only quick player is poor (moura may be fast too but can’t tell at the moment, and sissoko can’t run with the ball)

I thought that he did some nice stuff without ever looking threatening. It was a difficult period of the game to make an impact because City were quite happy to let him have the ball away from goal and close him out when he got close. I can't see him starting a game until a top four place is assured.

Back