• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not convinced he’s any good :-(

We need pace and the ability to beat a man in attacking areas - he has both. Additionally the fee is a bargain when you consider what players cost nowadays - Danny Drinkwater was £35m, Janssen cost us £18m before the recent price inflation, that Turkish CF cost Everton £25m, Leicester's new Portuguese midfielder was in the 20s, Barkley wasn't that much less despite only having 6 months left on his contract. Moura is more proven than all of them and has 36 caps for Brazil

A mantra of Brian McClair's coaching I remember was, it doesn't matter if you give the ball away, so long as your next touch is a tackle.

I remember one coach who always banged on about pace, he said defenders can't cope with it, which was ridiculous as it was the 70's and you just kicke

Interestingly Poch said that he would like to "add more players" before the window shuts next week........so it's very possible we are looking at bringing in more than just Lucas.

Could you take the Ryan Sessegnon talk to the Ryan Sessegnon thread please.

We will be signing him sometime in the future I would imagine, as a long term replacement for Danny Rose, so it has no connection to Lucas Moura whatsoever.

Interestingly Poch said that he would like to "add more players" before the window shuts next week........so it's very possible we are looking at bringing in more than just Lucas.

It's been discussed before but Poch often gets his singular and plurals mixed up, so I wouldn't read anything into it. English is his fourth language after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back