• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be coached by Gerry Armstrong, but never saw him play. Perhaps that explains some of my attacking (lack of) qualities.

I've been coached by many ex pros, including Pete Shreeves, who was very good tactically, but the best advice I got was from Bill Shipwright ex Watford, when defending stay on your feet and don't let the ball bounce, when passing, pass to the space for a player to move into not to someone standing still. History shows few great players make good managers or coaches.

I've been coached by many ex pros, including Pete Shreeves, who was very good tactically, but the best advice I got was from Bill Shipwright ex Watford, when defending stay on your feet and don't let the ball bounce, when passing, pass to the space for a player to move into not to someone standing still. History shows few great players make good managers or coaches.

A mantra of Brian McClair's coaching I remember was, it doesn't matter if you give the ball away, so long as your next touch is a tackle.

Reminds me of the kind of roar that would always go up whenever our own Gerry Armstrong went on one of his blunderbuss runs from deep back in the late '70s.

More often than not we'd all end up laughing our socks off having cheered him to the rafters as he thundered his way like a runaway HGV through lunging tackles and flailing arms before ending up falling flat on his face having corkscrewed his shot over the Park Lane stand.:D

Ghod how desperate we were for a bit of excitement in those dark days.:eek:

Sounds like Sisokko

Who are Hotspur Related? I guess its one person who scourers news and social media for any Spurs info?

It does look like Moura is a real possibility. I don't think he will take us to a next level straight away, and will need time to settle. But he's clearly quality and will enhance our existing squad. I see him as 'more of the same' in that he's a similar to the existing first team players. Obviously an upgrade on Sissoko. We've been very lucky with Eriksen staying fit, but if we signed Moura, I'd feel confident that we had enough trickery in Lamala, Son, Moura and Alli to create chances.

The question is, could Moura develop into a player who can dictate a game? Can he be an explosive player who could regularly punch through a defence and score or setup a goal? The ingredients are there and Poch might coax it out of him. Obviously looks like Poch feels he will fit in and work well with him. If it goes through, will be exiting to see how Moura evolves under Poch. Should be moura to come :oops:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any accurate view on how long his work permit might take given that he hasnt played for Brazil for 2 years?

Based on today's performance I want this guy badly. :p Anyone who can add a bit of flair and creativity to our side is much welcomed. We obviously need a few more of those players for days when we can't play Son, Alli and Eriksen.

He gives us another bit of variety and adds pace ... things were lacking

Based on today's performance I want this guy badly. :p Anyone who can add a bit of flair and creativity to our side is much welcomed. We obviously need a few more of those players for days when we can't play Son, Alli and Eriksen.

Must not get sucked in ... (pre confirmation)

Him and Son .. at the same time would add a directness from midfield, could be interesting.

The good news I guess is all the players we seem to consider have pace and a little more directness to them, something we need, at least the clubs sees it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back